Lucky Joker here with some news on the world of Poptropica from social media!
First off, the Poptropica Creators tweeted this sneak peek earlier today of a new island in the works. Pretty intriguing…
It’s unknown whether this is an original release or a newer adaption from an older island, but if I had to guess, I’d say this is a graybox of Mythology Island, or as someone guessed in the comments of the tweet, an island based off Pompeii (perhaps for an island based on the graphic novels?).
From observation, you can see a few Poptropicans standing to the side of the image. They’re most likely standing there as statues, but they could also represent the victims buried under the ash and pumice of Mount Vesuvius. Also, a broken ionic pillar can be seen at the top, which suggests this may be either Mythology Island or a Pompeii-based island with the Roman and Greek feel. What do you think?
Update: Brave Tomato points out that if you look in the top-left corner above the coin count, you’ll notice a certain medallion that appears to have a lightning bolt in it… the medallion of Mythology Island! Are we in for our next remastered island?
Over on YouTube, Stephanie – Poptropica’s official YouTuber (and possibly the new social media manager, or at least one of them) – has returned for a third livestream about Poptropica Worlds! Catch the archived video below:
The livestream occurred around 3 PM EST (which seems to be the usual time) on Sunday, October 8. As with the other times before, Stephanie gives a few intermittent shout-outs, while also answering a few questions, from viewers who chatted on the live chat during the stream.
In this episode, Stephanie spends the first few minutes recapping her past livestream about customization, plus she does her daily wheel spin and talks to Cliff Housebuff. She confesses that she had a “magical wizard” (presumably another Creator) give her the 15,000+ coins she currently has in her account, and talks a bit about how she started without membership so we could see the difference, and emphasizes that you can always still play the game without membership.
After another quick makeover, and a spicy jellybean, she gets into decorating her house. She goes through the bare-bones version of the house, then scrolls, speaks, and shops her way through the various decor options for wallpaper and furniture. Unfortunately, the stream ended abruptly, most likely due to a technical difficulty. You’ll just have to stay tuned to find out what happens next!
Here’s another recent development: Poptropica is slowly re-doing the thumbnail images on their YouTube walkthrough videos! Here’s what they have so far:
Hmm. It is kind of odd to see Worlds avatars represented for Poptropica Original videos, isn’t it? Plus, the characters seem kind of funky — especially with the beard and long eyelash combo. And the text and bright colors feels rather randomly placed; unlike the previous organizational design of the “Captain Crawfish’s walkthrough” thumbnails.
It’s commendable to see Poptropica try to personalize their video thumbnails more, but perhaps they could do a better job trying to fit with their branding. Thoughts?
On the discussion of decorating houses, Poptropica also uploaded a new video where Stephanie shares her top 10 tips for decorating the ultimate house. Check it out:
If for some reason you can’t watch the video, here are the tips she shared in the video, quoted for you below:
- Walls make the house: Wallpaper with patterns like pineapples, polka dots, and stripes, automatically dress up a room with spunk. When using textured walls like ship lap, bricks, and stone, you can make any house look like the interior of a castle!
- A home should have a personality: Artwork and knickknacks like a mounted fish, cuckoo clock, or knights armor could really take a room from simple to awesome! Think about your hobbies — surfing, basketball, or playing the sax, perhaps? Let your home speak for itself.
- You don’t have to settle for just one look! Mix and match: Just as you’re ever growing your style in clothes, your home style should change too. Maybe you feel like a hamburger light because you’re hungry, or you’re felling fancy with a big chandelier and fireplace. Whatever it may be, it’s your space, so let it reflect you.
- Let the outdoors in: Create windows to let the light in, with all kinds of shapes and sizes to fit your decorating needs. And don’t forget to add a little extra greenery with a floor plant, or a flower pot perhaps.
- Balance the space: Pairs of things can really pull together a home, for a more cohesive look. Buying in pairs of twos like two windows, two lamps, or two nightstands, can really create space. Groupings like multiple art pieces on one wall, and a rule of threes can also help balance a room by creating a center point for your eye to look at.
- Mix up colors and textures: Mixing things up can make for a more interesting space… like how your chairs don’t all have to match. By finding something that brings the room together, or by choosing an artwork piece with multiple colors, you can really pull in multiple types of furniture… or things, or beds, or anything really!
- Think outside the box: Who says you can’t have a sofa in your bathroom? Or a bed in the living room? Or even a pool table in your kitchen? If you like it — do it!
- Try, try again: Just because something doesn’t look right in one place doesn’t mean it doesn’t work somewhere else. Rearrange furniture to your liking as often as you like, and don’t forget, you can flip positioning too.
- Comfort is key: Your home is your haven — make it comfy! Get that comfy couch, or big fluffy bed, or lazy hammock because you earned it. You deserve to relax and enjoy yourself after a big adventure.
- Start collecting now: Just because you don’t have everything you want now, doesn’t mean you won’t. Spend the big coins on what matters to you. Maybe you’re an animal person, so an iguana and a fish tank are right up your alley. Or are you a big gamer? In that case, an arcade or computer desk are the way to go. So don’t be afraid to spend on what makes you happy, and don’t forget to get your free coin spin from Captain Scuttlebutt!
What did you think of this week’s videos, and what other types of content would you like to see from Poptropica? Share your thoughts down in the comments section!
One last thing: If you’d like to help us with a guide for the new mini-game Dr. Hare’s Revenge, whether by sending pictures or writing, contact us! You can learn more about opportunities like this on our Write for the PHB page.
That’s it for now… thanks for reading, and of course, pop on!