Hello, Poptropicans! Spooky season is upon us, which means it’s time for our annual Halloween costume contest… but with a twist.
This year, “The Devil Wears Poptropica” — our theme inspired by a clever Poptropica meme tweet thread, which is itself inspired by an iconic scene from the cult classic film The Devil Wears Prada — not only calls for your freaky costumes. We’re adding one special request in honor of the game we love: they must include something blue. 💎
☑️ Rules ☑️
- 💙 Create your costumes on Poptropica! You may create as many as you like for the competition. To qualify, it needs to contain the color blue — as much or as little as you like.
- 📸 Take a screenshot. For backdrop, we recommend either the character customization screen or the Customizer window on PoptropiCon. Here’s how you can take a screenshot. Please crop it to focus on your costume.
- ⬆️ Upload your pic to the internet. You’ll need a web link for your pic to share it with us, which you can get by posting it to sites like Imgur, Discord, or Instagram. Then, comment on this post with the link.
🗺 Tips for Creating Your Costume 🗺
- Make use of what you’ve got! Dig through old items or buy new store costumes to mix and match pieces together.
- Borrow from the Baron! Find the strange sky pirate on Home Island with free Halloween costumes you can mix and match from.
- On PoptropiCon, use the Costumizer to snag parts from NPCs.
- Try glitching with the ASG Machine (for full costumes) along with usernames from our ASG collection.
- Visit the PHB’s Costumes Look Book for more ideas, including past Halloween contest winners and Pop fashion tips and tricks.
🌟 Prizes 🌟
- 🗓 Deadline: The contest closes on Saturday, October 29.
- 🎃 On Halloween (October 31), we’ll post our favorite costumes on the front page of the PHB for all to enjoy.
- 🥇 First place will win a 6-month Poptropica membership.
- 🥈 Second place will win a 3-month Poptropica membership.
- 🥉 Third place will win a 1-month Poptropica membership.
- 💎 Winning costumes will be immortalized in our Look Book, but we’ll also have honorable mentions for just the post, not page.
Best of luck! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
And then I think it was Apple, wasn’t it, who rolled out the cerulean iMessage? I think we need a refresh here. And then the blue hues quickly showed up in the logos of eight different internet brands.
And then it filtered down through the internet, and then trickled on down into some tragic brand generator. Where you, no doubt, fished it out of some premade color palette. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs.Poptropica on Twitter
~the PHB 💙😈💎