Poptropica’s oldest inhabitants have a problem: someone’s been stealing their stuff! To return what’s rightfully theirs, you’ll explore creepy sewers, pitch-black caverns, and even a giant’s garden in the clouds. See how it all began with the very first Poptropica Island: Early Poptropica!
For walkthroughs on Early Poptropica Island, scroll down.
Resources on this page: Island Extras | Synopsis from Poptropica | Video Walkthrough | Written Walkthrough | Album Photos | Trivia | Quick Guide
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
Walkthrough by Slanted Fish & pictures by Super Thunder
Welcome to Early Poptropica Island, Poptropica’s first settlement.
Head all the way right, passing the sign that says “Early Poptropica.” Talk to all the 8-bit pilgrims in the area to get the scoop: a pig, bucket, and flag have been lost, and it’s up to you to recover them all and save the day.
Go over to the well by the man who lost a bucket, and go down the rope.
Keep going down and you’ll be in the Storage Cavern. Move a little to the left, and jump downward to the left side, where you’ll land on a green platform.
Now jump to another green platform on the top left side of the platform you are on. Move a bit to the left, then jump to the brown platform located on the left side of the platform you are currently standing on.
Climb up the rope on the brown platform, then jump onto another brown platform located to the right of the rope you are holding. Now jump up to the platform above you, and grab the Glow Stick!
Trace your steps back and exit the Storage Cavern.
Head left back to Main Street and look for the manhole on the ground beside the Soda Pop Shop. Go down.
Climb down the rope to enter the pit. Make your way down to the bottom-right corner, careful to avoid the purple spiders that can knock you over.
In that corner, guarded by a giant spider, is the Prized Porker. Grab your prize and stay put for the next step: the golden egg.
From the bottom of the pit (where the pig was), go all the way to the left and keep going, past the tunnel, and into a dark room. Using your glow stick to see, start at the spot that says ‘Darkness Awaits.’
Now go all the way to the left until you see the first rope. Climb up the rope until you reach a place where you have to go either left or right.
Go right until you pass by two ropes. Climb the second rope at the dead end, and go left until you see another rope. Climb that rope. The words on the wall should say ‘Getting Warmer.’
Once you are up that rope, go left and grab the Golden Egg.
Now go right, past the ‘Getting Warmer’ sign, and climb up some ropes. You’ll soon find your way to the top where you can exit to the Poptropica Towers.
At Poptropica Towers, you’ll want to make your way to the top of the blue building in the far left. But first, a pro tip: you can get a hidden, optional Hypnotic costume in one of the green building windows. See the pic:
Anyway, keep jumping left on window ledges, the stone statue, and building roofs until you reach the blue building with a little restaurant setup on the roof. Go up the vine in between the tables.
Climb up the vine again, and now you should be in the skies. Go all the way to the right until you see a huge pair of feet.
Click on them to talk to the giant. Give him the Golden Egg and he will lift up his spiky weapon to let you pass.
Now go right, and right again, until you see the gardening shovel. Walk on it as if it were a ramp and you should soon be doing the same to a vine. Now jump off of the vine, and you’ll land on some gigantic vegetables.
Jump off of the vegetables and pick up the Water Bucket.
Now go to the right, and right again to the Aircraft Graveyard. Keep going right and grab the Jet Pack on the yellow table. You can wear this item to fly! (This item can only be worn on Early Poptropica Island.)
Put it on and return to the Giant’s Garden on the left. Now you can fly over the shovel to get to the hole in the clouds marked ‘Exit.’ Go down.
You’ll land on top of the water tower on Main Street, and behold… you can now reach the Signal Flag! Take it back to Early Poptropica.
At Early Poptropica, talk to the 8-bit pilgrims who had mentioned losing items, and one by one you’ll return them all: the prized porker, water bucket, and finally, the signal flag. Now it’s time to claim your reward!
Climb down the rope near the pilgrim with the flag, and go right over to the boat, where another pilgrim awaits. Talk to him and he’ll award you your Early Poptropica Island Medallion, plus credits to spend at the store. Congrats!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Early Poptropica Island is Poptropica’s 1st island. It was the pilot island released when Poptropica first opened in September 2007.
- Common rooms: This is the only island with two multiplayer rooms, the Soda Pop Shop and Arcade. The Arcade only appears when there are no advertisement buildings.
- There is a hidden Hypnotic Costume within the green building of Poptropica Towers. To learn more about this easter egg freebie, check out our Glitching page.
- The sign in Early Poptropica says that the settlement was established (Est.) 1982, though Poptropica was only released in 2007.
- You can change your skin color with the pigment balloons at Poptropica Towers.
- The 8-bit pilgrims are a reference to the pixel art style of early video games, and the pilgrim settlers of the United States of America.
- Early Poptropica Island used to be the only island without a logo, until the first revamp of the official Island Tour pages. The words Early Poptropica were written on the Map with Poptropica’s title font, Ghostkid AOE.
- This is considered one of the easiest islands to complete, along with Shark Tooth Island.
- The Pop Art Museum on Main Street features the characters and works of artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, and Georges Seurat. The museum is also visited during the Counterfeit Island quest. Its name does not quite fit with the exhibit, which does not contain any works from the pop art movement.
- The Purple Giant is a reference to the giant from Jack and the Beanstalk.
Note: For a more in-depth walkthrough, please scroll up to the Written Walkthrough.
- Go all the way right to the Early Poptropica settlement and talk to the three pixellated men who will tell you that their pig, bucket, and flag is missing.
- Go down the well next to the man who lost his bucket. Get the Glow Stick from this Storage Cavern.
- Go back to Main Street and down the manhole in front of the Soda Pop Shop. Inside the Pit, go down and grab the Prized Porker. Still in the Pit, go left and you’ll be in the Dark Room.
- Use your Glow Stick to help you navigate the area until you obtain the Golden Egg. Then go back to Main Street.
- Go left to Poptropica Towers. Jump up to the top of the blue building and climb up the vine until you reach the skies.
- Run right until you see the Purple Giant’s feet. Talk to the giant to give him the Golden Egg, and he will let you continue right. Jump off the vegetables in the Giant’s Garden and pick up the pixellated Water Bucket.
- Continue right to the Aircraft Graveyard and grab the Jet Pack on the yellow table. Put it on and go back to Main Street. Fly up to the top of the gray water tower and grab the Signal Flag.
- Go back to Early Poptropica and return each of the items to the person who had lost them. When you return the Signal Flag at the end, a boat will arrive. Talk to the pixellated man on the boat to receive your reward. Congratulations!