A malfunctioning time machine has messed up history! It’s your job to go back in time and set things right. Because if you don’t, who knows what the future will hold!
For walkthroughs on Time Tangled Island, scroll down.
Resources on this page: Island Extras | Synopsis from Poptropica | Video Walkthrough | Written Walkthrough | Album Photos | Trivia | Quick Guide
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
Welcome to Time Tangled Island, where the past is all jumbled up and it’s somehow, as usual, up to you to fix it.
Talk to the scientist outside Pendulum’s Lab, then enter the lab. Run down all the ramps and go left on the bottom floor. Push the big plug into its equally big socket, and this will activate the Future Machine above you. Then jump onto the plug and up to the machine, now glowing blue.
Talk to the female scientist and she’ll hand you a Mission Printout, which you can read by going to your items. Then, enter through the machine.
You will appear in a dystopian world filled with flies and air pollution.
Go left and you’ll find a character who looks eerily similar to you, only older. This person will introduce themself as you, 50 years into the terrible future.
Ask this person for help in repairing the past, and you’ll be handed a Time Device to allow you to travel through time. You can use it by by clicking on the time device icon now located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
In order to save the future, you must travel to the different time periods of the past, find the missing artifact of another time period, and then return it to the original time period. You can do this in any order. Here’s a quick look and what you need to give and get from each time period, but note that these are not the only items you’ll need to find:
- Mt. Everest (1953): get Statuette of Liberty / give Goggles
- Statue of Liberty (1882): get Notebook / give Statuette of Liberty
- The Graff House (1776): get Salt Rocks / give Declaration of Independence
- Mali Empire (1387): get Declaration of Independence / give Salt Rocks
- Edison’s Workshop (1877): get Piece of Stone / give Phonograph
- Aztec Empire (1519): get Goggles / give Piece of Stone
- Leonardo da Vinci (1516): get Peace Medal / give Notebook
- Lewis & Clark Expedition (1805): get Stone Bowl / give Peace Medal
- Great Wall of China (1593): get Amulet / give Stone Bowl
- Vikings (831): get Golden Vase / give Amulet
- Ancient Greece (328 BC): get Phonograph / give Golden Vase
Let’s start by clicking on the icon of a man in a blue hood with black goggles — that’ll take you to Mount Everest, year 1953. Press the knob to the side, and off you’ll go!
Mount Everest, 1953
Make your way up to the summit of Mount Everest by following the path. It’ll eventually lead to a rope, which you should climb up.
Head left and you’ll find a man who’s lost his climbing goggles, whose name is Edmund Hillary. Keep going further left and up, climbing another rope along the way. And keep going. Watch out for falling icicles!
At the summit, head right and take the Statuette of Liberty.
Now, click on the time travel device. Choose the icon with a man with brown hair and a moustache (1882 AD), and press the knob!
Statue of Liberty, 1882
You’re now at the workplace where the Statue of Liberty was built. Go to the left and enter “Gadget, Gauthier et Cie.”
Tell the man on the right that you found his study model, and you’ll hand over the Statuette of Liberty. This time period will be repaired!
Exit the building and go all the way left. Jump onto the box next to the man, then onto the roof of “Gadget, Gauthier et Cie.” Move along the roof, jump onto the chimney, and onto the brown statue on the right. Then jump up to the wooden ledge above, then another ledge. Then jump left!
When you’ve landed, you should have grabbed a Notebook. If not, just try again until you do!
The Graff House, 1776
Click on the time device again. This time, choose the icon of a man with a brown pigtail in his hair and is wearing a black hat (1776 AD).
Move right, careful to avoid the hedgehogs. You’ll arrive in front of the big red Graff House. Jump up via the window ledges to reach the roof, and grab the bag of Salt Rocks from the chimney.
Now use your Time Device and click on the woman with a white turban on her head. Press the knob and you’ll be in the Mali Empire, 1387.
Mali Empire (Timbuktu), 1387
Go right and past two green bushes. Find the ledge and jump up, then keep going up until you’re on top of a building with a man in a white turban. Tell him you’ve found his salt rocks, and the time period will be repaired!
Now jump down one level, careful to avoid the snake, and keep going right until you reach the “Timbuktu Inn.” Enter.
Inside, go up and talk to the man wearing white. He’ll show you some documents he’s been working on. He’ll offer you a “foreign document” in exchange for a little help with a puzzle.
You’ll be faced with an 18-piece jigsaw puzzle. Put the pieces together to form a picture of a king.
When you’re done, just click anywhere on the screen. You’ll be given the Declaration of Independence!
Now use your time device to go back to the Graff House, 1776. Go right and enter the house. Inside the house, go all the way right, then jump up to the floor above, where there’s a man in a black hat.
It’s Thomas Jefferson. Tell him, “I have the declaration!” You’ll give him the Declaration of Independence, and the time period will be repaired.
Edison’s Workshop, 1877
Next, use your time device to go to 1877 AD by picking the icon with a brown-haired man. You’ll be at Edison’s Workshop.
At the far left is a bicycle-like vehicle. Hop on, and click on the circle on top of the bigger wheel to make it move.
When it stops, jump onto the branch above the vehicle and up again. Then hop onto the gray roof and pick up the colorful Piece of Stone sticking out of the chimney.
Aztec Empire, 1519 AD
Open up your time device again, and choose the icon of a person wearing a leaf hat, 1519 AD. You’re now in the Aztec Empire.
Go right and climb all the way up the long set of steps. Talk to the Aztec person wearing the bigger leaf headdress, and you’ll give him the piece of the sun stone. The time period will be repaired!
Jump off the temple and head right. At the statue, jump up to the building next to it and talk to the elderly person. You’ll be given an Aztec Warrior Headdress. Put it on, then jump back down.
Go left and talk to the guard near the long set of steps. With your warrior headdress on, he will give you Goggles.
Open up your time device again, and go back to Mount Everest, 1953. Go back to Edmund Hillary, the man in the blue coat you met on Mount Everest (see instructions above). Give him the goggles, and the time period will be repaired!
Leonardo da Vinci, 1516
Open up your time device, and select the icon of a man with a brown hat and gray beard. That’ll take you to 1516, the era of the Renaissance!
Go all the way left and jump up the big rocks jutting out of a waterfall. At the top, run right until you get to a rocky outcrop. Hop on that, then go right to the wooden platforms, and mind the gap!
Go past the man and jump up to the swing-powered platform. Ride it down until it stops, then hop left and land on another wooden platform. Go left and enter “Leo’s Workshop.”
Inside, go all the way to the top floor and look for a painter dressed in brown. That’s Leonardo da Vinci (Leo). Give him his notebook, and the time period will be repaired!
As a reward, Leo will give you a Glider! You can wear this and it will help you sort of float in the air. Put on the glider and exit Leo’s workshop.
Go back to where you found that man on one of the wooden platforms, and below him you’ll see a silver medal glowing white.
Wearing your new glider, glide over to the Peace Medal to grab it.
Lewis and Clark Expedition, 1805
Next up in time travel: select the icon of a man with a hat and pigtail, 1805 AD. It’s the Lewis and Clark expedition.
Go right until you find the tree. Jump to the top branch and wait for a beaver to pop up with a Stone Bowl on his head. Take the bowl.
Jump down to ground level and go right until you find Captain Meriwether Lewis in the hat and pigtail. Tell him you’ve found the peace medal, and the time period will be repaired.
Great Wall of China, 1593
Open up your time device again, and choose the icon of a person wearing a gray helmet and black mustache. You’re now in 1539 AD, at the Great Wall of China. Head right and grab the barrel of Gunpowder.
Then head back left and jump onto the wooden construction. Watch out for falling bricks that can knock you over! Keep going up until you’re on a wide gray ledge. Go right until you find a man in fine red robes, and talk to him to start a memory game.
Here’s how you play: look at the tile on top and find its match in the eight tiles below. Keep track of where that identical tile is as the tiles are being shuffled. When the shuffling is over, select the tile that you think is identical to the one on top, which you’ve hopefully been following with your eyes.
If you get it right, the man will give you an Amulet. If you miss, don’t worry, you can keep playing the game until you get it.
Now head left and hop onto another wooden structure above you. A little further, grab hold of the rope, then let go while facing left, so that you are now standing on another wooden platform. Go left again and jump, landing on a gray wall. There, look for another man.
Give him the stone bowl, and the time period will be repaired.
Use the time device again, and this time select the icon of the Viking (man with brown double pigtailed hair, wearing silver helmet).
You’ll be on a Viking ship. Go right until you’re on land. Tell the first Viking that you have the amulet, and the time period will be repaired.
Then head right and jump on the stone platforms until you get to a cave with its entrance blocked by rocks. Click on the rocks to blow them up with your gunpowder, and enter the cave.
Inside, you’ll have about 30 seconds to find the Golden Vase at the very bottom left corner. Here’s a map of the cave and the route you should take (S for Start; F for Finish). (Thanks Fierce Moon!)
The golden vase is at the bottom of the cave. Avoid the water at the bottom. Don’t take your time because if you don’t move quickly, the torch will burn out, but don’t be too quick because you don’t want to make mistakes and go to the wrong parts of the cave!
After 30 seconds, your torch will burn out. You can try as many times as you like, so don’t worry if you don’t get it the first time!
Ancient Greece (Delphi), 328 B.C.
Open up your time device again, and choose the image of a soldier wearing a brown full helmet with red feathers on the top. You’ll be taken to Ancient Greece, in 328 BC.
Head right and tell the second soldier that you have the vase. It’ll be placed outside the treasury, and the time period will be repaired.
Go right and jump onto the vase next to the man, and keep going up until you’re on the roof of the treasury. There, you’ll find Edison’s Phonograph.
From your inventory, you can click on the arrow sign on the phonograph item card to listen to Edison’s actual voice singing “Mary Had a Little Lamb.”
Now go back to Edison’s Workshop, 1877. Enter the workshop and go left and up until you find a man in a red vest. That’s Thomas Edison. Tell him you have his phonograph, and the time period will be repaired.
Back to the Future
Now that all the time periods have been repaired, go back to the present by opening your time device and choosing the word “Lab.” Enter Pendulum’s Lab and go through the blue-glowing Future Machine once again.
You’re back in the future, only this time, it’s looking way better! Have some fun exploring it.
Claiming the Reward
Go right and shoot up through the blue tube to get to the monorail train stop. Wait for the monorail to arrive, then get inside.
Climb up the top of the monorail when you reach the end, and it will shoot you up. Look for the hovering platform, which is gray and small. Hop on to go up, and get off where it stops. Head left and enter the blue tube.
Welcome to your Sky Home! Go right and you’ll soon find a familiar someone — it’s you, 50 years into the future!
Your future self will give you the quest reward: the Time Tangled Island Medallion and credits to spend in the Poptropica Store. Congratulations, you’ve saved the ages!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Time Tangled Island is Poptropica’s 3rd island, released on April 15, 2008.
- Before Time Tangled was released, it was referred to as Time Lapse Island, then later as Time Twisted Island.
- In April 2008, there was a Greco-Roman soldier on top of a building on Shark Tooth Island who said, “How did I get here? I should be on Time Twisted Island!” He reappeared in the same spot years later in February 2014.
- Common room: Party Time Tower
- Time Tangled is the first island to feature sound, which you can hear when you play Edison’s phonograph.
- Every year, the “Lab” setting of the time device is updated to reflect the present year.
- The Possible Future (dystopian future) is sometimes green, and other times it’s brownish-orange.
- Many of the locations will have Fact Monster bubbles, which you can click to learn historically accurate information or other educational facts about the subject. Fact Monster is a Poptropica sponsor and has been spotted in Poptropica.
- In the island, you will encounter historical figures such as Lewis and Clark, Thomas Edison,Leonardo da Vinci, etc.
- Aristotle the Greek philosopher can be found in Ancient Greece (328 BC), and when you talk to him, he says, “Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.”
- Leo’s workshop contains a work-in-progress of the painting Mona Lisa (by Leonardo da Vinci) with a Poptropican head.
- Professor Pendulum, the guy who created the malfunctioning time machine, can be seen vacationing in Shark Tooth Island‘s Tourist Center.
- The two men you encounter hiking up Mount Everest, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, are the first confirmed climbers to have reached the summit of Mount Everest.
- Poptropica Creators: Thirsty Whale, who has not posted on the PCB in years, from Mount Everest, and Vlad the Viking, the name of the Creators’ old YouTube channel.
- For a brief time in August 2008, there were sunglasses available on top of Professor Pendulum’s lab. You can now get these glasses from customizing the secretary in the Spy Island headquarters.
Note: For a more in-depth walkthrough, see our guide above on this page.
- Talk to the lady in front of Pendelum’s Lab, then go into the lab and talk to her again to get theMission Printout. Activate the time machine with the plug at the bottom and step into the bad future. Get the Time Device from your future self.
- Go to Mount Everest, 1953 and collect the Statuette of Liberty. Return it at Statue of Liberty, 1882. While you’re there, grab the Notebook on the ledge.
- Go to the Graff House, 1776 and grab the bag of Salt Rocks on the chimney. Go to the Mali Empire, 1387 and give the guy in the white turban and blue robes the Salt Rocks. Go inside the building and put together a puzzle to be awarded the Declaration of Independence. Return this back at the Graff House, 1776.
- Go to Edison’s Workshop, 1877 and take the Piece of Stone from the chimney. Go to the Aztec Empire, 1519 and return the Piece of Stone. Talk to the old lady carrying a mask and she’ll give you an Aztec Warrior Headdress. Put it on and talk to the guard wearing Edmund Hillary’s Goggles to get them. Go back to Mount Everest, 1953 and return the Goggles to Edmund, who’s wearing a blue coat.
- Go to Leonardo da Vinci, 1516 and return the Notebook to Leo. Put on the Glider he gives you and use that to help you reach the hanging Peace Medal.
- Go to the Lewis & Clark Expedition, 1805 and grab the Stone Bowl from the beaver’s head when he pops out. Go back down and talk to Captain Meriwether Lewis to return the Peace Medal.
- Go to the Great Wall of China, 1593 and grab the Gunpowder barrel. While you’re there, play a memory game with a Chinese guy and when you win, he’ll give you an Amulet. Also, return the Stone Bowl to one of the other guys on the wall.
- Go to the Vikings, 831 and return the Amulet to the first Viking. Blow up the blocked cave entrance with the Gunpowder and enter. You’ll have about 30 seconds to grab the Golden Vase at the bottom of the cave. (You can also use the Glider from Leo to reach a bonus Viking Suit in the Vikings time period.)
- Go to Ancient Greece, 328 BC and give the vase to the second soldier. Still in Greece, take Edison’s Phonograph from the roof of the Treasury building. Go back to Edison’s Workshop, 1877 and enter the workshop building to return the Phonograph to Edison.
- Once all time periods have been repaired, go back to the Lab, then enter the future again. Collect the island medallion from your future self, now happily living in a Sky Home! Congratulations!