Shark Tooth Island is online and ready to be explored! The citizens of the virtual world Island for kids are having BIG shark trouble. Only you can save the day by discovering the many secrets of the online virtual world, Shark Tooth Island.
For walkthroughs on Shark Tooth Island, scroll down.
Resources on this page: Island Extras | Synopsis from Poptropica | Video Walkthrough | Written Walkthrough | Album Photos | Trivia | Tourist Center & Shark Museum
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
Welcome to Shark Tooth Island, home of the fearsome Booga shark.
You can take a Shark Fin from the vendor you’ll meet upon landing on the island, but wearing it is optional.
The next islander, to the right, is also in a giving mood. He’ll hand you a Carbonated Coconut Milk, which you’ll definitely need later.
Keep moving right until you get to the Ancient Ruins.
Professor Hammerhead’s Journal Page
At the Ancient Ruins, move all the way to the right until you see a square-shaped rock. Push it over to the tree trunk. Beware of the bouncing coconuts, as they will knock you over if bumped into!
Now jump onto the square rock, then climb all the way up the dangling vine above. Jump up to the second wooden platform, then jump left to land on the roof of the temple. There you’ll find a Translation Key, which came from Professor Hammerhead’s journal.
In the Temple
Jump off the roof and enter the temple. Inside, make your way to the top corner all the way to the left, careful to avoid the purple bats that can knock you over. You’ll come to a green code keypad on the wall.
With the translation key, spell the word “OPEN.” Then click on the triangle in between the two circles. If the code you entered was correct, the lights will flash green and you can pass to the left.
Go left, through the tunnel, and you’ll be in the Temple Dungeon.
Head left and climb to the top of the statue with the huge caterpillar prowling about. Beware of the caterpillar, which will knock you over if bumped into!
Wait for the swinging platform to come by, then hop on. Jump to the left platform, and keep going left and down. You’ll find an Old Bone.
Now head back right, back to the caterpillar statue and onto the swinging platform that leads to the spiky wall. There, wait for a moving platform to come by, and quickly hop onto it.
Let it take you all the way to the left, where you should see another spiky wall. Hop onto the top of the spiky wall, and go left.
Temple Treasure Room
Keep going left and you’ll be in the Temple Treasure Room. Climb down the vine and keep going left. Leap onto the glowing pedestal and grab the Key Ingredient.
Now climb up the vine on your left, and at the top, land left. Then keep going up, and soon you’ll be back on Main Street.
The Medicine Man
Go back to the Ancient Ruins, and all the way right into Booga Bay. Talk to the vendor and get a Grass Skirt. Go to your items to put it on.
Return to the Ancient Ruins. Push the movable square rock next to the tree trunk again, and keep climbing up the tree. At the very top, you’ll find the Medicine Man.
With your grass skirt on, the Medicine Man will happily make you a Calming Potion for the shark using ingredients you’ve gathered.
Feeding the Shark
Head back to Booga Bay and go all the way to the right until you see a cannon. Click on the cannon wheel and you’ll get to shoot the calming potion into the water.
Wait and watch the Booga shark consume the calming potion. With the shark asleep, it’s now safe to cross the water.
Go right into the water and swim through until you arrive on a little island. There you’ll find the stranded Professor Hammerhead and his son. Talk to them both, and they’ll follow you back to shore.
Bring them back to Booga Bay, where a tearful woman (the professor’s wife and the boy’s mother) will be waiting to thank you.
Then Professor Hammerhead will reward you with the Island Medallion and credits to spend at the Poptropica Store. Congratulations!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- On the map in the Shark Tooth Island Tourism Center, it is shown that Shark Tooth Island is shaped like a shark.
- Shark Tooth Island can briefly be seen in a television news report on Super Villain Island.
- The island has 2 places that are both optional to visit. Namely, The Shark Museum and the Tourism Center.
- If you use a certain route and never get hurt, the island can be completed in under four minutes.
- Shark Tooth Island is Poptropica’s 2nd island, released soon after Early Poptropica in 2007.
- Visiting the Shark Museum is not necessary to complete the quest, but you do get to learn more about sharks and see Shark Boy, who is also a Poptropica Creator. It also tells you about the OPEN code. Also, you do not have to get the Shark Fin item, but it’s a free accessory.
- Castaway Island (where Professor Hammerhead and his son are stranded) has a volleyball that looks exactly like Wilson the volleyball from the movie Cast Away.
- According to a map in the Shark Museum, Shark Tooth Island is shaped like a shark.
- There was a bonus hidden handheld item available for a short time in the summer of 2008. It was a chalice on top of a shark statue in Booga Bay.
- In April 2008, there was a Roman soldier on top of a building on Shark Tooth Island who said, “How did I get here? I should be on Time Twisted Island!” For some unknown reason, he appeared again in mid-February of 2014.
- Professor Pendulum from Time Tangled Island can be seen vacationing in the Tourist Center.
- According to his statue in the Tourist Center, Professor Hammerhead lived from 1920–1997, but you rescue him alive at the end of the quest. Also, Poptropica only opened in 2007!
Tourist Center & Shark Museum
These are the displays and selections of interesting dialogue from the Tourist Center and Shark Museum. Click to view the images in full size!