Shark Tooth Island Guide

Synopsis

Shark Tooth Island is online and ready to be explored! The citizens of the virtual world Island for kids are having BIG shark trouble. Only you can save the day by discovering the many secrets of the online virtual world, Shark Tooth Island.

For walkthroughs on Shark Tooth Island, scroll down.

shark

Released: September 2007 (or later)
Common Room: Coconut Cafe
Preceded by: Early Poptropica Island
Succeeded by: Time Tangled Island

Resources on this page: Island Extras | Synopsis from Poptropica | Video Walkthrough | Written Walkthrough | Album Photos | Trivia | Tourist Center & Shark Museum

Island Extras: Map | Official Tour | Video | Desktop Wallpaper | Mystery of Shark Boy

468x60pop

Video Walkthrough

For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!

Written Walkthrough

Walkthrough written by Slanted Fish
Special thanks to Purple Ring and White Ice

Welcome to Shark Tooth Island, home of the fearsome Booga shark.

You can take a Shark Fin from the vendor you’ll meet upon landing on the island, but wearing it is optional.

The next islander, to the right, is also in a giving mood. He’ll hand you a Carbonated Coconut Milk, which you’ll definitely need later.

sharktooth3

Keep moving right until you get to the Ancient Ruins.

Professor Hammerhead’s Journal Page

At the Ancient Ruins, move all the way to the right until you see a square-shaped rock. Push it over to the tree trunk. Beware of the bouncing coconuts, as they will knock you over if bumped into!

sharktooth2

Now jump onto the square rock, then climb all the way up the dangling vine above. Jump up to the second wooden platform, then jump left to land on the roof of the temple. There you’ll find a Translation Key, which came from Professor Hammerhead’s journal.

In the Temple

Temple Entrance

Jump off the roof and enter the temple. Inside, make your way to the top corner all the way to the left, careful to avoid the purple bats that can knock you over. You’ll come to a green code keypad on the wall.

sharktooth1

With the translation key, spell the word “OPEN.” Then click on the triangle in between the two circles. If the code you entered was correct, the lights will flash green and you can pass to the left.

Temple Dungeon

Go left, through the tunnel, and you’ll be in the Temple Dungeon.

Head left and climb to the top of the statue with the huge caterpillar prowling about. Beware of the caterpillar, which will knock you over if bumped into!

Wait for the swinging platform to come by, then hop on. Jump to the left platform, and keep going left and down. You’ll find an Old Bone.

Now head back right, back to the caterpillar statue and onto the swinging platform that leads to the spiky wall. There, wait for a moving platform to come by, and quickly hop onto it.

Let it take you all the way to the left, where you should see another spiky wall. Hop onto the top of the spiky wall, and go left.

Temple Treasure Room

Keep going left and you’ll be in the Temple Treasure Room. Climb down the vine and keep going left. Leap onto the glowing pedestal and grab the Key Ingredient.

Now climb up the vine on your left, and at the top, land left. Then keep going up, and soon you’ll be back on Main Street.

The Medicine Man

Go back to the Ancient Ruins, and all the way right into Booga Bay. Talk to the vendor and get a Grass Skirt. Go to your items to put it on.

Return to the Ancient Ruins. Push the movable square rock next to the tree trunk again, and keep climbing up the tree. At the very top, you’ll find the Medicine Man.

With your grass skirt on, the Medicine Man will happily make you a Calming Potion for the shark using ingredients you’ve gathered.

Feeding the Shark

Head back to Booga Bay and go all the way to the right until you see a cannon. Click on the cannon wheel and you’ll get to shoot the calming potion into the water.

Wait and watch the Booga shark consume the calming potion. With the shark asleep, it’s now safe to cross the water.

Rescue

Go right into the water and swim through until you arrive on a little island. There you’ll find the stranded Professor Hammerhead and his son. Talk to them both, and they’ll follow you back to shore.

Bring them back to Booga Bay, where a tearful woman (the professor’s wife and the boy’s mother) will be waiting to thank you.

Then Professor Hammerhead will reward you with the Island Medallion and credits to spend at the Poptropica Store. Congratulations!

Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂

Album Photos

These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.

Trivia

• On the map in the Shark Tooth Island Tourism Center, it is shown that Shark Tooth Island is shaped like a shark.
  • Shark Tooth Island can briefly be seen in a television news report on Super Villain Island.
  • The island has 2 places that are both optional to visit. Namely, The Shark Museum and the Tourism Center.
  • If you use a certain route and never get hurt, the island can be completed in under four minutes.
  • Shark Tooth Island is Poptropica’s 2nd island, released soon after Early Poptropica in 2007.
  • Visiting the Shark Museum is not necessary to complete the quest, but you do get to learn more about sharks and see Shark Boy, who is also a Poptropica Creator. It also tells you about the OPEN code. Also, you do not have to get the Shark Fin item, but it’s a free accessory.
  • Castaway Island (where Professor Hammerhead and his son are stranded) has a volleyball that looks exactly like Wilson the volleyball from the movie Cast Away.
  • According to a map in the Shark Museum, Shark Tooth Island is shaped like a shark.
  • There was a bonus hidden handheld item available for a short time in the summer of 2008. It was a chalice on top of a shark statue in Booga Bay.
  • In April 2008, there was a Roman soldier on top of a building on Shark Tooth Island who said, “How did I get here? I should be on Time Twisted Island!” For some unknown reason, he appeared again in mid-February of 2014.
  • Professor Pendulum from Time Tangled Island can be seen vacationing in the Tourist Center.
  • According to his statue in the Tourist Center, Professor Hammerhead lived from 1920–1997, but you rescue him alive at the end of the quest. Also, Poptropica only opened in 2007!

Tourist Center & Shark Museum

These are the displays and selections of interesting dialogue from the Tourist Center and Shark Museum. Click to view the images in full size!

A told B, and B told C,
“I’ll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.”

175 thoughts on “Shark Tooth Island Guide

1. Bendy Hero says:

WOW…this is the best guide ive ever seen so far…but maybe you can add some pictures….if u like

Slanted Fish: Pictures have now been added! 🙂

2. Bronze Comet says:

When i played Shark Tooth i won the first time but when i logged out then logged in the lady was crying and told me her son is been kidnapped by the shark and my medallion is gone!

Scary Tomato: This is probably a glitch where the game didn’t save. To get your medallion back, you’ll have to do that part (rescuing the son) again. If it’s gone AGAIN the next time you log in, no matter how many times you redo this, you may have to make a new account. (Hopefully that won’t happen.) 😛 I’m sorry that it happened to you.

3. kdkd112 (kelly) says:

hi i beat the island you 3 have such a good idea with helping us kids figure out the parts that we dont understand that is so nice of all 3 of you i have deafeted all of the islands but time tangled i am headded there now well see you guys in the guide for time tangled!:) 🙂 🙂 POPTROPICA 4EVER

Sincerely,
    🙂 Kelly (kdkd112)

4. SMDS37 says:

Thanks, Scary Tomato for the help and to Smockers and Codien, too! This is a great help! I just started two hours ago and just completed Early Poptropica. Thanks, really! POPTROPICA 4 LIFE!

-:> Sam (SMDS37)

5. Neat Whale says:

u can also spell NOPE at the enter code thingy. at the place where u have to type in open to get threw the door. it works. 😀

6. Josiah says:

i didnt get anything from the medicine man wen i talked to him

Scary Tomato: Make sure you are wearing your Grass Skirt (from Booga Bay), otherwise the Medicine Man will not respond the right way. 😉

7. Josiah says:

i was wering the grass skirt i made sure but it still didnt work

Scary Tomato: Check that you have all the ingredients, put on the grass skirt, and talk to the medicine man. Re-read the guide again to make sure you haven’t missed anything! 😉

8. Nate says:

This is the best guide because others don’t explain clearly. But i think you need pictures or videos for a clear guide!!!
    thanx!!!

Scary Tomato: Thanks for the feedback. 😉

9. coleywoo987 says:

I think shark tooth island is really easy but really boring! But the guide is really good but if I don’t get something i search on youtube for it as it has pictures

10. Wild Singer says:

this guide was great! i finally beat the island! i was trying to finish the island and i couldn’t finish it, no matter how hard i tried. the place were i kept on messing up was when i had to to back to main street and meet the medicine man. thanks scary tomato!

11. Cool Bean says:

This is the BEST guide ever! All the other ones I went to, made no sense at all, or left something important out. I would of never known to spell OPEN in the code.

12. Rough Icicle says:

Poptropicastory-chapter 1 Blizzard of Jaws part1.As soon as I got there I fell down a hole.Hello?Anyone gonna help me?I said,until I realized I was on one of many platforms.I fell down again!This time I was standing up.I saw a vine,I went down it.Then I saw some wierd carvings.I continued down the weird place.Then,I saw another vine.I went up it.part2.I went down the alley.When I came out I discovered that I came into the dungeon of a ancient temple.I went onto a moving platform.I rode it to the other side.I jumped onto a platform.Then I saw a swinging platform.I jumped off.I landed on a platform with a batguy.Then I saw a vine,I jumped to it.Then I climbed up it.Then I jumped off it.I jumped up the wall.I landed on top of it.I went down the alley.I continued my walk.I went up the hole.I found myself standing infront of the Ancient Ruins!part3.I went to Booga Bay,were I found damage of the Great Booga.I swam across a small lake.I was on a island.I swam across where the Great Booga dwells.I was on another island.part4.I went farther.I explored around for a bit.The End.hey ST Im having a poptropica party tomarow!You dont have to come if you dont want to.If you come Ill let you costumiize my mask!

• Rough Icicle says:

Opps!I forgot to tell you that a new chapter is coming next Thursday!Ok,here are ten facts about sharks.1.Did you know that the biggest shark and fish is the Whale Shark?2.The Great White Shark is the deadliest preditor in the seas today.3.Sharks have outlived Dinosaurs!4.The Greenland shark eats all kinds of dead creatures.5.The MegaMouth Shark was recantley discicovered near the coast of Hawaii in 1976.6.The Lantern Shark glows in the dark.7.The Goblin Shark has a long snout.8.The Frilled Shark is eel-like.9.The Tiger Shark eats all kinds of junk.10.Some sharks are rare.

• ??? says:

The whale shark is not a shark, so it’s not correct when you said that it’s the ‘biggest shark and fish’ (fact #1). It is, however, the biggest fish. So, you were half-right.

• ??? says:

Well then I don’t mean to be rude but your book is wrong. The whale shark is most definitely a fish and every single good source I checked said that it is a fish. Most people do think it’s a shark but really it’s not.

• Alexx says:

the guide rocked i got through in less than a half hour! owe and whale sharks are in the skark catigory even though they are considered fish… like house cats and tigers same family differ creature so yeah. umm.. bye

13. Julie says:

Thank you so much Scary Tomatoe! I really love this website! This was the last island I had to do and I finished it in like an hour thanks to you! I love you!! 🙂

14. Wild Sword says:

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thx ST ur guide rocked

15. jasmine says:

this is helpful. thanks. 24 carrot was good , too, you’d guide us through this,& i’ll just have to say thx. -from your shadowed friend, mistin’fade ❤

• Bendy Bug says:

You need a WordPress account. Go to wordpress.com and make an account, then go to prefences or sumthin like that and change your avatar 😉

16. Danny says:

This guide rocks! Completing islands are now more easier though I only go here if I’m completly stumped which is most of the times, lol.

17. Poptropica fan says:

Errr…..The guide is pretty neat but the medicine man wouldn’t make me the potion. WhatshouldIdo?

Hijuyo: You need to be wearing the grass skirt so the medicine man is willing to help you. 😉

18. Abhi43 says:

You Should also add that whan u get to the medicine man, on the wooden platforms, the glass thingies kept(the bigger ones) can be pushed the same way as the rock. I pushed 2 and they landed on a platform below and they were broken.

19. Neat turtle says:

You have great guides!I wrote a little something after I completed almost EVERY island!(Thanks too you guys.) Hope you like this little Story I wrote!

The Hero Of Poptropica

Neat Turtle has arrived. The remember her- They’re hero. The girl who saved Blue Skull’s son. She was amazing- she tricked the Shark into eating the coconut with the potion-She had returned too Shark Tooth Island. Everyone greeted her, and the man selling coconut juice gave her another glass of coconut milk .Everyone chanted her name, shaking her hand screaming ,”We all heard about you helped almost hear every island! Is this true ?How’s you do it?” “Well, if you really want to know…I used the PHB Poptropica Island help guides. If you want too be a Poptropican hero, there website gives tips, walkthroughs, and boredrom busters if your waiting for the next Island too come out!” she replied. She left the island, happy as could be.
    THE END

Hope you liked my little story based on giving credit too you guys for helping me through almost every island!Thank you sooo much!I love your blog!Bye!

😉 Neat Turtle 😉

20. Aleczandra Nicole says:

At first, I was so curious for playing poptropica. Then I felt scared because of more challenges comming. but with this help blog, I can read informations about these islands. Now, I am one step getting used to it. Thanks to this blog.

21. Quiet Snowball says:

I love this blog! the guides are fantastic and you guys who make them are amazing! These guides have helped me heaps, and i know about 99% more than i knew before…. Thnxs so much! 🙂 :O 🙂 :O

22. Alex says:

Here’s something kind of funny I discovered about Shark Tooth Island…
    Chew Pop Gum while standing in front of the Shark Tooth Island sign at the beginning. Now ask yourself this question: What happened to the sign?
    *Snicker*

23. Old S says:

When I got to the spiky wall the second time, my Poptropican’s buttox poked one of the spikes, then I fell down the hole and aat the ???dinosaur??? skeleton hole. Time to go back up!!!

24. Blue Wolf(Female Angel Poptropican) says:

This is possibly the easiest island… Though I needed the walk through’s help. Either way, this is very helpful!

25. Icy Speck says:

Right by the blimp, you can jump on the palm tree! Thought that was pretty cool…..though some of you might already know.

26. smart leaf says:

Even though shark tooth island is one of the easiest islands on poptropica, your guide was so detailed and waaay better then the poptropica official tips and secrets guide on my tablet!!!!!!!!

27. Annie says:

Did you know that the there’s a volleyball with a face drawn on it on the island that Prof Hammerhead and the boy was stuck on? That is as reference to a movie called Castaway. In the movie a man gets stranded on an island and comes across a volleyball and names it Wilson.

28. Striped Cactus says:

On the roof of the tourist center there’s this knight that’s like, “WHY AM I HERE?! I SHOULD BE ON TIME TWISTED ISLAND!”

• Bony Bite says:

IKR SERIOUSLY HOW WOULD A WARRIOR GET FROM ONE ISLAND TO ANOTHER? ITS LIKE HE HAS HIS OWN BLIMP OR SOMETHING….. ~puts head down and twiddles thumbs….sips coke~ Maybe I should start a post about it. Oh wait. I cant.

29. Shaky Dragon says:

I already completed this island by myself. 🙂 I also found out the code by myself. I just looked at the letters in code sideways, and I just clicked on the coded letters that looked like the letters O, P, E, and N. 🙂 🙂

30. emogirl191933 says:

i came to the medicine man and i talked to him and he just said “I only talk to native islanders, and you don’t look like one to me!” pls help me
    -emogirl191933

Slanted Fish: You need to put on your Grass Skirt so he’ll think you’re a native islander. 😛

31. Bony Bite says:

Great guide Slanted Fish! BTW I went to complete this island a second time(I already completed it on my other account but I want to get the medal on my current account) and I couldn’t get the grass skirt. Where the grass skirt guy was meant to be standing as indicated by the picture, he was replaced by a guy giving out shark fins but I already got one at the start of the island! Help I am stuck and I really want to complete the island!