About

About the PHB

phb blimp logo2What’s popping? Welcome to the Poptropica Help Blog, also known as the PHB for short. This blog was founded by Slanted Fish on July 26, 2008 and has established itself as a popular Poptropica fansite operating for 10+ years.

Here at the PHB, our goal is to enhance your Poptropica experience by sharing game tips, secrets, news, walkthroughs, tools, and more. If you immerse yourself, you’ll also find a fun-loving community in the blog comments, our Discord chat server, and more. Take a ride on the PHB blimp and explore, collect, compete! 😉

The PHB is proud to be an Official VIP fansite of Poptropica. Our VIP badge is displayed on our site’s header and sidebar. Note that we are not Poptropica, but we are players (like you!) who are dedicated to serving this community.

vipBadge copy

Meet the team

The PHB team is the crew that brings you the latest news on the homepage. We are ordinary players, not Poptropica Creators (though we wish we were). Many of us like to hang out on the PHB’s official Discord chat server, the PHC, so you might see us there!

Read the blurbs below to learn a little about the people behind this blog:

Slanted Fish

Hey there! I’m Slanted Fish, the editor-in-chief and creator of the Poptropica Help Blog (PHB). The nickname comes from a wordplay on my Chinese name, my perpetually slanted posture, and my love of fish (I have two bettas). I’m a writer, artist, appreciator of good puns, Hong Kong native, and Christ follower. Feel free to add me on Poptropica – my username is slantedfish. 🐠

Spotted Dragon

Hi, I’m Spotted Dragon, or SD (you can add me at ooolala13), and I’m a girl living in the US. My entire life is basically me freaking out about fandoms and stuff. There’s not much else to it. I also enjoy art and I am a big supporter of human rights. Be sure to check out my DeviantArt and don’t be afraid to start up a conversation!

Lucky Joker

Hello, everyone! I’m Lucky Joker, a Poptropica enthusiast who lives in the US. Some of my hobbies are drawing, writing and playing the keyboard—to name a few. I also dabble in film & production and I enjoy listening to music (a lot). I’m also on Twitter and DeviantArt.

Fierce Flyer

Hey everyone, Fierce Flyer here! I’m a 13-year-old boy who lives in the Sunshine State (Florida, USA). I enjoy drawing, writing, sports, reading and of course, blogging! You may know me from my Poptropica blog, Fierce Flyer Adventures. You can also add me on Poptropica with the username muuuuuuuuuuu4 (I know, it’s a lot of u’s). As always, Fly Fierce!

Sporty Boa

Sporty Boa’s the name, but you can call me SB for short. I’m just a teen with big dreams, big hair, and a huge love for Poptropica! Besides playing and blogging about Pop, my hobbies are basketball, reading, and video games. I love animals and have three amazing pets (two cats and a bunny). You can add me on Poptropica with the username warei.

Gentle Dolphin

Hello, I’m Jordyn, or Gentle Dolphin! I like to write stories and draw pictures. One of my goals in life is to become a comic artist and an animator. I enjoy baking, singing, dancing, playing computer games, and spending time with family. I also love animals, especially love cats. You can add me on Poptropica with the username magicalyre or find me on Twitter, Instagram, as well as on my own Poptropica fan blog.

Past PHB Authors

We would also like to thank all previous PHB authors for contributing to our community. A shout-out to the following: Smockers, Codien, Grumpy Wolf, Gazek, Golden Eagle, Sparkle Star/Green Seal, TyrianWhispersSecret (Neat Whale/Mara), iMango (Cool Wing), Coskit, Hyper Star, Enclosed Lightning, Rainfall/RCG, CoderkidHicoga/GAGreen BoaMTSkyboy303, Rainbow DashSuper ThunderIcy CometAngry WingShaggy TornadoFuzzy-BCheerful SingerBlakeSamwow5Giant HawkMighty GamerKoi (Cobalt), YlimegirlHPuterpopPerfect SkyUltimate iPad ExpertSlippery Raptor, Happy LobsterPurple ClawSilver Wolf, and Brave Tomato.

🌟 Sharing Poptropica’s awesomeness since July 26, 2008 🌟

987 thoughts on “About

1. Golden Rider says:

Looks like you are having a bit of quitting, mate. It seems this blog is more dramatic then helpful. Hijuyo. Ha

Hijuyo: Look I’m not sure what your problem is, but the PHB is doing fine. The PHB can be helpful and even some drama can be positive. Nothing worldly lasts forever, and the same goes for people in the community.

2. Rory on a slow laptop where YouTube dosent work... says:

Hey, Hijuyo. If this site is under copyright, then why don’t you disable the right click, like they do on Blogger? Can you do it on WordPress? :S

Hijuyo: It’s usually annoying to do that because people without bad intentions might accidentally right-click, and we don’t want to ruin their PHB experience like that. A few content thieves shouldn’t ruin it for the majority who are just here to enjoy the blog.

3. Magic Moon says:

Hey, I’m a 10 year old girl who lives in Texas, U.S.A. I’m a christian, Too… I love Poptropica, puppies, (I have 5) art, cheese(love it!!!) and Jesus.

• I Am Vampire Werewolf! says:

here’s a little more about me.

I found out about poptropica the day it came out on funbrain when I was 5. If I could be anyone in the world I would either be Magic Moon, my first account (I had to make it 6 because the age 5 was’nt on there) or my newer account, Magic Sky who I refer to as Vampire Werewolf because of her outfit.
      I think of Poptropica as the Earth. I may be a little nutty but I’m fun! 😀 If you want to find me Magic Sky has Poptropica-Blue hair(you can’t even see it when you scroll over me), darker blue skin, but you can’t tell on her face ’cause the vampire makeup, the werewolf out fit, vampire face, glasses, and hair, and a blue werewolf tail. I cant remember what Magic moon looks like. I post frequently on here and I hope this isn’t too long.

• shinykid says:

I have a cat who loves 2 eat onions, a hamster who loves to climb his cage, i flick his fingers off, And a dog that tries to lick his tail, And fish who twirl around, and a sister who steals my socks. My mom is Aphrodite, loves the makeup, I live on the computer,And I think beavers are weird, I have a brother who is 4, and would be 16 if he wasn’t born on leap year, My dad hates football,He’s like..I dunno, loves corn and hot dogs,I’m ambidextrous( Write with both hands), until I wanted to be regular so I stopped using my right hand other than for cutting. I sleep, And Once I put peanut butter between my sisters toes, took a picture of it and sent it to my mom, who laughed like a maniac. I’m Jew, 10, 5th grade and read, I hate lasagna, Hamburger helper, and Macaroni and cheese, I am picky, I am not picky when it comes to Veggies, I hide the cauliflower, I can eat 3 jumbo bags of hot chips with nothing to drink, I am half mexican(mom),with a sprinkle of french(dad) and German(grandma) I like Evanescence, My sis loves Rihanna .I am eating chips now. So umm bye

4. strangecrumb says:

Um, Hijuyo? How do you take a video of your Poptropican? I know how to take a screenshot already, but I want to take it EVEN FURTHER.

Hijuyo: You can use a screen-video-capturing program such as HyperCam.

5. Alex (Icy Catfish) says:

Hey, I’m Alex, my religion is UU, and I’m 18. A little old for playing Poptropica, but that’s because working for them is my summer job! Believe it or not, the guides here are actually much better than what we have to use. We have scripts for every island, but often things change, get added, or are left out by the time the island is put up for real. It’s been my job to play through the islands and update each one’s script so that customer service can more easily solve problems people report. Not only are PHB’s guides a great help to me here, but I can also look through the comments to see what people have the most trouble with, so I can be sure to cover those parts of the script thoroughly. So well done, everybody, for creating a website even Poptropica’s own employees look up to!

Hijuyo: Wow, that’s really cool. And I’m glad the PHB could help. 😀

• Max says:

Wow, awesome! I didn’t know Poptropica offered jobs. If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask a couple questions:
      1) Um, what does UU stand for?
      2) How did you get a job offer?
      Thanks if you can answer!

• Alex (Icy Catfish) says:

Would have responded sooner, but I’ve been busy, and then school happened. 🙂
        1) UU stands for Unitarian Universalist. We believe in religious tolerance and encouraging all individuals to seek out spiritual meaning in their own way.
        2) My father works at Pearson Education, so he was able to recommend me. Since I was going to major in game design in college, it seemed like a good first job. I doubt I’ll be able to get something as fun next summer, but it was a nice experience and I’m grateful for it. The people there were quite nice.

• Alex (Icy Catfish) says:

Well, it was sure more fun than working at a bagel place or something! (-;
        I didn’t actually get to play the unreleased islands, because they needed me to play the ones people asked the most questions about. I DID overhear some things, from whom I assume was one of the artists, about the next island. So I knew how one of the robot boss battles would work, and what some scenery would be, and that animating a snake is difficult. Random bits of info like that.

• Alex (Icy Catfish) says:

I mentioneed glitches and inconsistencies when they came up in my playthroughs, and I looked into a few frequently mentioned bugs here, but I was mainly just correcting the script and adding details when needed( they rarely had the solutions to their puzzles, for instance). A few of the bugs I found were even entertaining, like Wild West’s portrait of you when you chew gum.

• strangecrumb says:

Ha! I know what you’re saying! It’s “Thank you! I always wanted to write something like your site. Can I take part of your post in my blog?” in Bulgarian And your name is “mobilynыy warehouse” in Bulgarian or “Mobile Store” in Russian. 😉

6. Sneaky Shark says:

Im christian and i luv God!!!!!
    Thx 4 all those people that started this blog. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Elizbeth says:

Poptropica is awsome exept that on Cryptids Island on the part that u r suppose to chase bigfoot he won’t move at all!!! I have been sitting here for 5 hours and he still won’t move!!! Why!!!???

• shinykid says:

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….F…………………………………R………………………………………………..o……………………………………….z…………………………………………..e Yep its official, he’s froze, just exit

8. most recent modern technology says:

I’m extremely inspired with your writing abilities as smartly as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it’s uncommon to look a nice weblog like this one these days..

9. Brave Sky says:

I’m a Buddist, which is some sort of Asian religion. I’m Vietnamese, my parents grew up in Vietnam, and they moved to America. So I was basically
    born in America. Anyways… I LOVE this blog!!! 😀

10. Victor says:

I would like to recommend Sports Island on poptropica. It is where they go into Diferrent sport streets and have a mission. The sports are football, baseball, basketball, soccer, and skateboarding. On football, they catch the ball and have to decide if they go left, up, down, or right.Right is the correct one. On baseball, you have to srtike out 3 batters without a hit. On basketball, you have to slam dunk the ball and the judge has to give you a 10. On soccer, you are a goalie and you have to stop the soccer ball, kick the ball, and then get it in the goal. After they do each one, they have to get on a helicopter on the main street and have a contest of 2 of each sport. A judge will say who is out. Once they pass the contest, they have to go where you land to get the medalion. By the way , The guy is not there until you finish the contest.

11. Matt C. (@coderkid_) says:

So I looked at my memorandum on here and it sounds like I died 😦

Hijuyo: o_o I never intended it to sound that way… it would just take up a lot of space to leave all the past authors’ bios on here, so a shout-out seemed a good way to leave the names on. 😛

12. cleanshark says:

I’m just a 10 year old, but that doesn’t mean I’m not a Christian! But not officially, because I haven’t been baptized yet!

13. strange beetle says:

I’m sorry if this is off-topic, but the ice age contiental drift ad, and wimpy boardwalk island were added!

14. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) says:

Why doesn’t my poptropica account work? It’ll let me in, but then it says'” Sorry, but it appears that your game data has been lost for this session. Please try returning to the home page and try again.” I have tried several times, but it doesn’t work. Can someone help me?

• strange beetle says:

have you played in within 6 months? Or, maybe you need a new computer. I had that problem, but I got a new computer, and it worked perfectly!

15. ShortBrain says:

Hey! I’ve been a reader of the PHB on and off for the past few years and it’s really interesting to see how the team has changed! 🙂 Looking at the little profiles, I would like to say I am a West Coast girl, a Doctor Who fan, and a HUGE Broadway fan. Poptropica ftw. 🙂

16. cool bite says:

Hello. my name is Theresa Rose, You can call me cool bite if you want. I am turning 12 in November 17 2012. I love to play Monopoly, sorry & Boggle. my favorite tv show is Spongebob square pants. I am a catholic.

Are you a catholic?

17. Nεαт Cσмεт says:

Cool! Hey, Slanted Fish, I’m Chinese, too! Though I’m an American. Doesn’t people in Hong Kong know English very well because they used to be ruled by England? 我是中国人出生在美国。I soo LOVE this blog! So…. yeah. 🙂

Slanted Fish: Awesome! Yeah, Hong Kong does use some English even now because it used to be under British rule. 🙂

18. Proffesor Sparkzor says:

Does science count as a religion? Cause that’s the only thing I believe in. But at least I live in America and not some spazzed out fascist country. And I did not say Germany.That was Hitler WWII.I have no idea what the heck they’re doing now because 1.I dont live there and 2.I’m in Fifth grade.

19. shinykid says:

When is your Birthday Hi.juyo?? If you would like I will through you a multiverse party, but You don’t have to want it
    If so which room?
    SK OUT

Slanted Fish: (I’m hi.Juyo by the way.) My birthday is on November 15. 🙂

20. james henry freeman says:

dear PHBS, i would like to ask if i could create a island of my own called “spongebuck island.” if i an able to, please write back. from, your poptropican/friend-in-law, zany seagull/james.

Slanted Fish: The PHB is not affiliated with Poptropica itself, and we cannot help you create islands. Sorry.

21. A Very Merry Wild Berry. says:

By reading your profile without knowing who the person was, You’d Think it was me. I love dancing around and singing and performing and would like blogging if I had a blog. My fave islands are Counterfeit and Cryptids and also Twisted Thicket. To Super Thunder.

• Slanted Fish says:

You can put transparent backgrounds on images with some image editing tools, such as Pixlr. Look up how to do it on whatever tool you’re using – on Pixlr it involves using the wand tool, selecting the background area, and clearing/deleting to make it transparent (which looks like white and gray squares), maybe setting another layer beneath the original pic.

22. fearlessnoodle says:

I’m Fearless Noodle and i have been playing poptropica since Mystery Train came out. This blog has helped me with a bunch of islands so thanks PHB!!!

23. Samwow5 says:

Fishy, I have a question. Can you feature my newspaper on the PHB?

Slanted Fish: Sorry, I don’t think it’s necessary for the PHB, but have fun with it! 😛

24. Samwow5 says:

Fishy, how do u put ur picture next to the post and how do you show a small portion of posts a few weeks ago at the bottom of the home page?

Slanted Fish: They were options from the current PHB theme (Lifestyle).

• Samwow5 says:

What to write: Tough Icicle’s Blog
        Background: People from the Back Lot Island Desktop Wallpaper (Can u also put a pic of my Poptropican {user Samwow5} in it too?)
        Text: Ghostkid AOE
        Dimensions: 736 x 229

I will also like paint splattered everywhere, some chemical burn, and The TIB’s Logo (can u make it small)

• Slanted Fish says:

Here you go, just click here for the image. Hope you like it! 🙂

Notes: I used the Back Lot Island printable poster, not the desktop wallpaper, since you said you wanted people in it (the poster has several people; the wallpaper just has one person). Since the image is pretty big, only a few could fit into your header’s size. I don’t have the Ghostkid AOE font, so I used another one instead (it’s called Maybe Maybe Not).

• Slanted Fish says:

Thanks for the offer – for now, I’d say just keep writing the island guides for the PHB for when new islands come out! I appreciate your contributions in that area. 🙂

Also, on your blog, I’ve noticed that many of your Poptropica update posts (which are often are written after the PHB’s) are very similar to the PHB’s, and it really looks like you’re taking the posts and only making minor changes. Please stop doing that and just be original with your posts – the Creators do it, other bloggers do it, and you can do it too.

• Samwow5 says:

Fishy I tried to download the Maybe Maybe NOt font on my PC, but it says it’s not a valid font. What do I do?

Slanted Fish: You’ll have to figure out how to get fonts to your particular computer; I can’t really help here.

25. Samwow5 says:

Fishy, how do you make your poptropica glow in the header above? Is it done on Pixlr?

Slanted Fish: Yes, Pixlr editor, adding an outer glow in layer styles.

26. Comical Turtle says:

Just wanted to say this is my favorite place to go for island help and now I go on all the time because of all the other cool stuff. I also love this blog because a lot of you crew members are teenage Christians, just like me! 🙂 Also I thought I was the only person over 12 who played Poptropica so its cool to see other teens on Poptropica. Thanks for all the work you put in!

• Slanted Fish says:

You can insert Flash in WordPress using a gigya shortcode. Just edit the embed code (from the Avatar Studio) into the gigya shortcode format. As for the header, it’s already cropped to the suitable size. If you want to resize images (such as your Poptropican), it can be done in almost any image editing program when you paste it in.

27. darkeroid says:

Yo pee-pohl of this universe! I AM BACK! Well, I am sure that 100% of you don’t know or remember me. So let me re-introduce me-self.

I am Darkeroid or Shoeless Ice or in real life I am Shurjo. I have started playing Poptropica one day after Nabooti Island was released. I stumbled upon PHB searching for Spy Island help back when there was only Scary Tomato, Codien and Smockers. I was 7 back then. I quit Poptropica in 2011 and now, in 2013, I am back! I am actually surprised to see all these new islands! I can’t wait to play them!

28. Silver Wolf says:

Okay, I want to say something… Your blog has inspired me so much!! Without you, my blog probably wouldn’t exist, or it would be very poorly made… I just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me. 🙂

29. Cool Octopus says:

Hey Fishy, I am doing a research paper of this blog
    Here some question I am going to ask you
    When was your first post you did in this blog and what is it called.

30. Shurjo says:

Hey, Fishy!
    I’ve stopped playing poptropica around August 2011, right after Shrink ray came out. Still pop up now and then to play an island or two, and then I go back other stuff. It’s kinda awesome to see poptropica with so many islands, as I started playing back in December 2008, when Nabooti island first came out. I left mostly because I dislike the membership system, and the island don’t seem rewarding enough, both in terms of credits, and fun. Guess age changes everything :/ . Anyways, it’s nice to see the blog progressing so well, and I might just come back to poptropica! Nostalgia is hitting me.

Keep up the good work!

Slanted Fish: Thanks for popping in, Shurjo! 😀

31. Shaky Dragon says:

This blog is totally pure AWESOME!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for a poptropica blog!!!!! Thanks to this blog, I’ve completed so many islands in poptropica!!!!!!!!

32. BIG GIANT FLUFFY BUNNIEZ WITH A MAGICAL UNICORN AND FWARTZ RAINBOWS!!!! And a dog. says:

thank you jesus for fishy and the crew and that they belive in you! im also a cristian! i knew you guys were nice.
    yaay! 0 :)<| <-angel
    lol

33. Golden Crush says:

Ahhh!! Help me! Whenever I go in the common room and play against other people my rank goes lower, not higher! What do I do???

Slanted Fish: Your rank only goes higher when you start to win a lot of games – while losing brings it down. Good luck! 😛

34. haha104000 says:

Um. Well if hong kong is in china then im hong kongs neighbor XD actually im chinas neighbor. im pakistan. well i moved to calgary.

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )