The time has come, Poptropicans… welcome to the final round of the 2020 PHB Tribal Tournament. Allow us to introduce the Gamers’ Gauntlet!
In this round, you’ll need to put your Olympic energy to the ultimate test, and you’ll be doing it in the most competitive Poptropica way: completing islands. But not just any islands! For these Games, the challenge is to beat Poptropolis Games, Reality TV, and/or Reality TV: Wild Safari Island. As much as you can.
Once you’ve finished one of the aforementioned islands, take a screenshot of the result and make sure to include the date and time in the corner of your screen. Then, share the screenshots with us either on your tribe’s channel on the PHC or by sending us an email. Let us know which tribe you’re repping!
Every island completion earns 10 points for your tribe. You can replay any of the islands as many times as you want — and the more you do, the more points you’ll earn for your tribe. And a few other notes…
- Here’s a guide on how to take a screenshot.
- For Poptropolis Games, you are only eligible for points in the tournament if you place in the top 3.
- Poptropolis Games is only on the Flash version of Poptropica, not Haxe. You can use the Format Loader to switch from one to the other.
- The original Reality TV Island is currently officially available to members only, but non-members can try accessing it via the Old Island Directory.
- Out of the 3 islands, only Reality TV: Wild Safari is available on mobile, but your device may not show the time when in the game app. However, your progress will sync to your computer, so you can log in on your computer and take a screenshot there if you’re playing on mobile.
By the way, it’s more fun on Discord. Join us on the PHC to play alongside other Poptropicans and share your victories with your team! 😄🏅
For anyone curious, here are the answers to last week’s tricky games. How many were you able to get?
Tricky Trivia: Answer Key
- Who created Poptropica? Jeff Kinney
- What was the 32nd island released? Zomberry Island
- Poptropica’s in-game currency is called what? Credits
- What year was the Friends feature implemented? 2012
- How many islands have a bonus quest? 14
- When was Early Poptropica (the pilgrims’ settlement) founded? 1982
- Who was CJ’s role model on Shrink Ray Island? Marie Curie
- Why is Crusher wanted in prison? For smashing bugs
- What are the nine flavor variations of PopGum that exist? Classic, Cinnamon Fire, Spooktacular, Grape, Vampire Bat, Lucky Shamrock, Winter Blast, Helio, and Psychedelic
- Which iconic character had their name changed due to legal issues? Shark Boy/Guy (check out our article on the Mystery of Shark Boy!)
- What event, on Mystery Train Island, is the train headed to? 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- Where did Flambe, the prison chef, receive his/her culinary training? Le Cordon Bleu
- What weight does the weight guesser incorrectly predict your Poptropican to be on Monster Carnival Island? 115 pounds
- On Counterfeit Island, how long was the museum security guard’s break from his Monday night shift? 12 minutes
- How much does an ECO-Bike cost at Twin Palms Mall? $3599.99
- How could one originally gain access to play the Blimp Adventure mini-quest? By purchasing the blimp toy and using the code that comes with it to unlock it
- Who is buried in the plot A42 at Hemlock cemetery? Humility Goodman or Percy Brewster
- What are Zeke Weke’s three favorite musical artists? The Banana Heads, Popzart, and The Roaches
- On which island is the Grease Monkey building located? Spy Island
- How many islands has Smokey Chinchilla completed? 18
Trace That Place: Answer Key (see labels)
Presenting the Genius Games MVP
It’s time to crown another MVP (Most Valuable Poptropican)! This person swarmed in with an immense amount of team spirit by taking on almost every possible method of earning points. Congratulations to Celeste (Purple Paw) of the Nightcrawlers — you’ve done your tribe proud!
Will you be the next MVP? Are you willing to accept the challenge and contend for victory in the medallion marathon of the Gamers’ Gauntlet? This round ends next Tuesday, August 25, so get going!
🏃🏾♀️ On your marks, get set, go! 🏃♂️
– the PHB tribe reps –
Noveen (Black Flags), Sporty Boa (Flying Squid), Spotted Dragon (Nanobots), Slanted Fish (Nightcrawlers), Lucky Joker (Pathfinders), Gentle Dolphin (Seraphim), Fierce Flyer (Wildfire), & Silver Wolf (Yellowjackets)
Join us for more fun on the PHC Discord!