Welcome, Poptropicans, to the second round of the 2020 PHB Tribal Tournament! (Don’t know what’s going on? Check out our introductory post.) Note: The first round, Creative Competitors, carries on for the rest of the month, so keep sending in the awesome artwork.
“No pain, no gain”? More like “no brain, no gain” because this round is here to get you thinking. And you’ve got to think fast, too, since this round ends in just one week (Monday, August 17). It comes in three parts, so opportunities abound to earn points for your tribe. Let’s dive right into it!
In this challenge, you’re presented with a picture, and your task is to come up with a caption to go with it. The concept is simple, but the execution will require some careful thought. Your caption can be funny, serious, and anything in between. Just be sure it’s not longer than two sentences!
Each person can enter up to three captions for the contest, with 10 points earned per caption. You could speak from a character or even an inanimate object in the scene, narrate as an onlooker, borrow a line from something in pop culture, make a self-aware comment—as long as it’s interesting, and it suits the picture. So what’s the pic? Here it is!
For this segment, there are 20 trivia questions about Poptropica; some are easy while others are more difficult. You don’t need to answer all of them, but do your best! For every question you do answer correctly, you’ll earn 10 points for your tribe. That’s up to 200 points!
Points for this game are earned collectively as a tribe — not on an individual basis. So, if there’s one you’re not sure about, chances are that one of your tribemates is, and can score the points for your team!
For this specific game, make sure to send your responses to your tribe representative via direct message on Discord, or send us an email, so as to not spoil the fun for your fellow tribe members. It’s fairer for everyone to be able to guess at their own speed. 🙂
- Who created Poptropica?
- What was the 32nd island released?
- Poptropica’s in-game currency is called what?
- What year was the Friends feature implemented?
- How many islands have a bonus quest?
- When was Early Poptropica (the settlement) founded?
- Who was CJ’s role model on Shrink Ray Island?
- Why is Crusher wanted in prison?
- What are the nine flavor variations of PopGum that exist?
- Which iconic character had their name changed due to legal issues?
- What event, on Mystery Train Island, is the train headed to?
- Where did Flambe, the prison chef, receive his/her culinary training?
- What weight does the weight guesser incorrectly predict your Poptropican to be on Monster Carnival Island?
- On Counterfeit Island, how long was the museum security guard’s break from his Monday night shift?
- How much does an ECO-Bike cost at Twin Palms Mall?
- How could one originally gain access to play the Blimp Adventure mini-quest?
- Who is buried in the plot A42 at Hemlock cemetery?
- What are Zeke Weke’s three favorite musical artists?
- On which island is the Grease Monkey building located?
- How many islands has Smokey Chinchilla completed?
Trace that place
Oh, the places you’ll go! We travel far and wide across Poptropica aboard our little yellow blimp and see so many wondrous things. But, how well do we really pay attention to the details? For this game, your task is to pinpoint which island each of these snippets is taken from.
All pics are open to all tribes to guess! Each correctly guessed photo counts for 10 points within a tribe, not per person.
As with “Tricky Trivia,” please send your answers to your tribe rep through direct message or email. Be sure to clarify which picture(s) you’re guessing, using the labels.
Presenting the Creative Competitors MVP
Last week in our initiatory post, we said for each round we’d be recognizing a Most Valuable Player (MVP), someone whose dedication and enthusiasm stood out from the rest. This week’s shining star, who so far has already entered a number of costumes based on her tribe’s colors, as well as a few of her drawings, is Magic Flipper of Flying Squid!
Congratulations, you just won a membership! Keep up with the good work and high energy. You’re doing awesome. 👑
Could you be the next MVP? We’ll all have to wait and see. Until then…
Have fun, and best of luck!
– the PHB tribe reps –
Noveen (Black Flags), Sporty Boa (Flying Squid), Spotted Dragon (Nanobots), Slanted Fish (Nightcrawlers), Lucky Joker (Pathfinders), Gentle Dolphin (Seraphim), Fierce Flyer (Wildfire), & Silver Wolf (Yellowjackets)
Join us on the PHC Discord and let us know which tribe you’re in!