Hey Poptropicans, this is a guest post by Dangerous Dragon. Enjoy!
What’s popping, Poptropicans? DD here, and it is a warm bright day in the Pop universe. Today I’m going to show you my Dream Island! I did not enter this into Poptropica’s contest because I was a little inactive at that time, but hey, I’m bringing my creativity here. Let’s begin!
The story begins with a cutscene, where you are an astronaut in space. Suddenly, there is a blast, and your spaceship breaks. You are now floating in the open space, unconscious but alive.
You wake up in five or six hours, not remembering anything. Then a person dressed in black robes comes to you. You try to run, but your feet are swollen, so you can’t move. Just as the darkly dressed man reaches you, he assures you that he is a good man, and he is the captain of this Jedi spaceship you’re in. You can’t believe it! You are in a Jedi spaceship!
From there, the screen goes black. Next thing you know, they have treated your legs so that you can walk around! Then the action begins… walking around, you find the captain in his room, and he looks a bit concerned. Turns out the whole crew’s lightsabers are running out of power, and they’re not sure how long they can keep their operation afloat.
Being the smart, adventurous Poptropican you are, you volunteer to help. So you search everywhere, gathering clues to help the Jedi find fuel and crystals for their operation…
These are just a few of the places you’ll be visiting.
- Launch site – This is where you’ll find many spaceships.
- The cockpit – This is where the captain stays.
- Planet Naboo – The place where you’ll find the crystals.
As you help characters throughout the island, you’ll gain some helpful items and insights.
- Keycard – you will get it by helping RW-22. This will help you open the room and look in the spaceship.
- Repair kit for the spaceship – in the mechanic’s room. You’ll need it to repair the spaceship when it starts to break down!
- A bone – for Princess Kopi (hello, Thinknoodles fans!), a dog you’ll meet on Fairy Tale Island (yes, the one currently in production… and yes, you’ll be traveling to different Pop islands!)
- Dog tail – You can wear this, and when you tap the spacebar, the tail shakes and dances! You’ll need this to befriend a dog…
- Captain Cyrus – The Jedi captain. You’ll be meeting with him throughout this island.
- Ringmaster Raven (that’s right, our boy from Monster Carnival!): He’s good now. He’ll give you the crew’s lightsabers to fill them up with the crystals.
- RW-22 – A droid who’ll give you a lesson on how to fly a spaceship and a keycard to open up a spaceship. He’ll only help you if you help him clean the captain’s spaceship in the launch site. There are loads of ships there, so you’ll have to explore them all to find the right one.
- Co-captain Salerno – Yes, from Lunar Colony! She’ll be on the spaceship too (God knows how) and she’ll help you locate a planet you’ll need to find to save the ship.
To be honest, I don’t know anything about Star Wars, but I took some inspiration from a book called Star Wars Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown. It’s fun to read! I also liked Lunar Colony Island on Poptropica, which also inspired this island idea.
Wow, I enjoyed making this! I hope you liked my island, and feel free to share your feedback for what I can add! If you are interested in sharing your idea, you can comment below or create a guest post if you want to get detailed.
This is DD popping out. Keep on popping, Poptropicans! Pop on!
Hope you enjoyed this guest post by Dangerous Dragon. If you did, you might also enjoy other posts in our My Dream Island series, such as Secret of the Jade Scarab Island by Girl Power. And consider sharing yours!
The Poptropica Help Blog welcomes interesting Poptropica insights from anyone in the Poptropica community with thoughts to share. Interested in writing for the PHB? We’d love to hear from you! 📰✨