Take a look inside our Poptropica Look Book, the most comprehensive collection of Poptropica outfits there is to behold! Full of the hottest trends and swaggiest styles from all over the fandom, you’re sure to find something to inspire your own personal look. (And there’s more in the comments!)
Table of Contents
- i. Classic Costumes
- ii. Characters from Pop Culture
- iii. Non-Player Characters (NPCs)
- iv. Poppies Parade
- v. Halloween Hall of Fame
- vi. Tips & Tricks
Note: Since the availability of costume parts is changing all the time, we’ve omitted the step-by-steps, and you may not be able to fully assemble everything you see here. Scroll down to the “Tips & Tricks” section for the latest advice on putting together a fashionable outfit!
Take some ideas from these classic, snazzy styles!
Characters from Pop Culture
Recognize any of these characters from media and popular culture? For a more detailed look at how to dress like them, click the links to see their corresponding PHB Pop-over posts.
The Big Bang Theory
The Good Place
Gravity Falls Gang
Harry Popter and the Crossover
Men of Marvel
Night in the Woods
Over the Garden Wall
Pokémon (Pop-émon Go)
Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated
Individual Characters from Pop Culture
These non-player characters (NPCs) already exist in-game, but perhaps their costumes will inspire yours or help you find a costume part you like. These character reference sheets, by Poptropica artist Nasan Hardcastle, are organized by island (though not every island is featured). Note that some parts may not be customizable. Also, click to enlarge images!
The Poppies, our Poptropica fan awards show, is a fun tradition here on the PHB, and every year Poptropicans dress to impress on the blue carpet. Check out some of the glamorous costumes worn for the celebrations!
Halloween Hall of Fame
In the mood for something spooky? Check out the winning entries of past PHB Halloween costume competitions for some haunted inspiration!
Series 1 (2010)
Series 2 (2012)
Series 3 (2013)
Series 4 (2014)
Series 5 (2015)
Series 6 (2016)
Series 6, Fall Edition (2016)
Series 7, for Poptropica Original (2017)
Series 7, for Poptropica Worlds (2017)
Series 8, “The Casual” (2018)
Series 8, “The Creepy” (2018)
Series 9, “Heavenly” (2019)
Series 9, “Hellish” (2019)
Series 10, “Heroes” (2020)
Series 10, “Villains” (2020)
Tips & Tricks
Need some Poptropica fashion advice? Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- 👖 Mix and match different costume parts together! That’s the beauty of it — you get to be original. The store is your go-to spot for the latest costumes, but you can also find lots of options with the Costumizer tool on PoptropiCon Island. Be careful not to mismatch, though: those goofy glasses probably aren’t going to go well with that fancy dress.
- 👔 Have a color scheme. Put colors that look good together, but don’t overdo it – you don’t need to have all the colors of the rainbow on you, or the colors may clash. One or two shades, possibly mixed in with some neutral colors (white, black, browns, grays), can pull off a pretty neat outfit.
- 👨🏼🎤 Skin: Regular human skin tones are your safest bet, unless you’re going for a bizarre Halloween costume or something. You can change your skin tone (and more) with Modify A Poptropican (MAP), a glitching tool.
- 💁🏻♀️ Hair: You probably don’t want yucky shades like greenish-brown, but whatever you pick, be sure it matches your outfit. Natural colors work best, but sometimes blue or purple hair can do the trick as well. To change hair color, visit 24 Carrot’s “Carrot King Diner” and mix a drink until you get the desired color. When you drink it, your hair color will change!
- 🧢 Accessorize. There are tons of accessories available within costumes. Don’t be afraid to try something on — if it doesn’t work out, you can just close the Costumizer window without saving. Add that belt, sword on the side, or those side bangs to complete the outfit you’re working on. Look around and you might just find something that matches. Be inspired by the above costumes, the ideas contained in the comments below, and what your friends are wearing — but make a look that’s uniquely yours, too.
Glitching for Good Looks
There’s a trick out there known as the ASG (Avatar Studio Glitch) that people use to obtain rare, un-Costumizable costumes. With the PHB’s Avatar Studio Gift, you’ll find lots of them, and we’re always adding more. Check it out!
Another unofficial tool for customizing your character is Modify A Poptropican (or MAP for short). Simply enter your login information (don’t worry, it’s safe), pick the parts you want to change on your character with help from this clothing part ID list, and click submit. Voila! This program also includes a hair and skin tone Colorizer accessible via the top menu.
👾 For more about these backdoor methods, see the PHB’s Glitching Guide.
Share your costume
If you have a costume you’d like to share with everyone, feel free to post a comment below! If you can, tell us how you pieced together your snazzy outfit and post a link so we can see it. Here’s how:
- 👕 For the best image resolution, use the in-game Costumizer window. Ideally, crop the image to show just your character.
- 📸 Take a screenshot and save it to your computer. Here’s how to take a screenshot — the instructions will vary depending on your device. For Windows, you’ll also need to paste it somewhere to save it as an image file on your computer.
- 🔗 Upload the image to the web and share the link in the comments of this post. You can use a site like imgur (or our Discord server, if you’re 13+) to upload your picture and obtain a web link for it that can then be shared so others can see it.
Now try mixing and matching your very own unique costume set on Poptropica, and share it with others in the comments below!
⭐️ Check out more fun stuff like this on Pop Plus! ⭐️
Thanks to the following for lending their costume ideas to this look book: Chocokat, Calm Moon, Fuzzy-B, Spotted Dragon, Mashimai, Angry Wing, Fearless Rock, LightningGirl20, Slippery Icicle, Super Thunder & Brave Tomato, People of Poptropica, Rainbow, Silly Raptor, Slanted Fish.