Hey Poptropicans—if you’re a fan of the ABC sitcom Black-ish, you’ll enjoy this special “Pop-over”: our term for a Poptropica crossover, in which we take characters from another universe and create them on Poptropica.
Though the tech changes since our last Pop-over have rendered most of these characters not fully viewable from the Avatar Studio or your friends list, they’re still not too complicated to recreate. From left to right, here’s how you can dress like the Johnsons on Poptropica:
- Grandma Ruby: Her outfit is fully created from the “create new character” screen. See her live on the Avatar Studio with the username RubyBlackish (for the others below, replace “Ruby” in the username with the character’s name — this may help for customizing via MAP).
- Zoey: Get the hair and hoodie from the Tie-Dye Hoodie in the store.
- Bow: The romper comes from the Fruity Cutie in the store.
- Junior: Everything can be assembled from the “create new character” screen.
- Dre: Snag the hoodie from the Warm Vibes costume in the store, and the jeans with the nice chain from inside the New You building on Home Island.
- Jack: Everything can be assembled from the “create new character” screen.
- Diane: Find the hair and t-shirt on the Galaxy Girl in the store. Get the glasses from New You on Home Island. The fun skirt comes from the “create new character” screen.
- Grandpa Earl: Clothes are from the “create new character” screen, while the glasses can be grabbed inside New You.
Black-ish is a TV comedy about an upper middle class black American family living the so-called “American dream.” The generally lighthearted show revolves around the family’s lives, with some exploration into sociopolitics and the culturally assimilated “black-ish-ness” of the characters. Rated TV-PG.
Hope you enjoyed this Black-ish x Poptropica crossover! Have you seen the show? What are your thoughts? Sound off in the comments!