Take a look inside our Poptropica Look Book, the most comprehensive collection of Poptropica outfits there is to behold! Full of the hottest trends and swaggiest styles from all over the fandom, you’re sure to find something to inspire your own personal look. (And there’s more in the comments!)
Table of Contents
- i. Classic Costumes
- ii. Characters from Pop Culture
- iii. Non-Player Characters (NPCs)
- iv. Halloween Hall of Fame
- v. Tips & Tricks
Note: Since the availability of costume parts is changing all the time, we’ve omitted the step-by-steps, and you may not be able to fully assemble everything you see here. We recommend scrolling down to the “Tips & Tricks” section for the latest advice on putting together a fashionable outfit!
Take some ideas from these classic, snazzy styles!
Characters from Pop Culture
Recognize any of these characters from media and popular culture? For a more detailed look at how to dress like them, click the links to see their corresponding PHB Pop-over posts.
The Big Bang Theory
The Good Place
Gravity Falls Gang
Harry Popter and the Crossover
Men of Marvel
Night in the Woods
Over the Garden Wall
Pokémon (Pop-émon Go)
Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated
Individual Characters from Pop Culture
These non-player characters (NPCs) already exist in-game, but perhaps their costumes will inspire yours or help you find a costume part you like. These character reference sheets, by Poptropica artist Nasan Hardcastle, are organized by island (though not every island is featured). Note that some parts may not be customizable. Also, click to enlarge images!
Halloween Hall of Fame
In the mood for something spooky? Check out the winning entries of past PHB Halloween costume competitions for some haunted inspiration!
Series 1 (2010)
Series 2 (2012)
Series 3 (2013)
Series 4 (2014)
Series 5 (2015)
Series 6 (2016)
Series 6, Fall Edition (2016)
Series 7, for Poptropica Original (2017)
Series 7, for Poptropica Worlds (2017)
Series 8, “The Casual” (2018)
Series 8, “The Creepy” (2018)
Series 9, “Heavenly” (2019)
Series 9, “Hellish” (2019)
Tips & Tricks
Need some Poptropica fashion advice? Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- Mix and match different costume parts together! That’s the beauty of it – you get to be original. Use the shirt button in the top-right corner to Costumize from another character whose clothing you like, and throw in some stuff from the Store too if you wish. Be careful not to mismatch, though: those goofy glasses aren’t going to go well with that fancy dress.
- Have a color scheme. Put colors that look good together, but don’t overdo it – you don’t need to have all the colors of the rainbow on you, or the colors may clash. One or two shades, possibly mixed in with some neutral colors (white, black, browns, grays), can pull off a pretty neat outfit. Get the Colorizer from the Store to have more options for coloring your hair and skin.
- Skin: Regular human skin tones are your safest bet, unless you’re going for a bizarre Halloween costume or something. To change skin color, you can press Ctrl+Shift+S until you get the color you want, or visit Early Poptropica’s “Poptropica Towers” and pick a pigment balloon. There’s also the Colorizer.
- Hair: You probably don’t want yucky shades like greenish-brown, but whatever you pick, be sure it matches your outfit. Natural colors work best, but sometimes blue or purple hair can do the trick as well. To change hair color, visit 24 Carrot’s “Carrot King Diner” and mix a drink until you get the desired color. The Colorizer will give you more options.
- Accessorize. There are tons of accessories available on Poptropica, and most are freely available on wandering characters. Don’t be afraid to try something on; if it doesn’t work out, you can just close the Costumizer window. Add that belt, sword on the side, or those side bangs to complete the outfit you’re working on. Look around and you might just find something that matches. Be inspired by the above costumes, the ideas contained in the comments below, and your friends’ closets.
There’s a trick out there known as the ASG (Avatar Studio Glitch) that people use to obtain rare, un-Costumizable costumes. With the PHB’s Avatar Studio Gift, you’ll find lots of such costumes you can use, and we’re always adding more. Check it out!
Share your costume
If you have a costume you’d like to share with everyone, feel free to post a comment below! If you can, tell us how you pieced together your snazzy outfit and post a link so we can see it. Here’s how:
- Go to the Poptropica Avatar Studio and enter the username of the character. Copy the contents of the “Link” box and paste this into a comment, so we can click on it and see! Or, if you plan on changing your costume later, do this instead…
- Zoom and crop as needed on the Avatar Studio, then click “Save Image” to download the picture to your computer. Use an image-uploading web service such as imgur and upload the file from where it is saved on your computer. Copy the URL they give you, and paste this into a comment so we can see it!
Now try mixing and matching your very own unique costume set on Poptropica, and share it with others in the comments below!
⭐️ Check out more fun stuff like this at Pop Plus! ⭐️
Thanks to the following for lending their costume ideas to this look book: Chocokat, Calm Moon, Fuzzy-B, Spotted Dragon, Mashimai, Angry Wing, Fearless Rock, LightningGirl20, Slippery Icicle, Super Thunder & Brave Tomato, People of Poptropica, Rainbow, Silly Raptor, Slanted Fish.