Hello, sp00ptropicans! October is here, Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it’s time for the PHB’s Annual Sp00py Halloween Costume Contest!
This is our ninth year doing this, and this time around, we’re going to have two categories: Poptropica Original and Poptropica Worlds!
Traditionally, Poptropicans submit their best Poptropica Halloween costumes in the comments section by giving an Avatar Studio link and/or posting their username. Since the Avatar Studio only works for accounts on Pop Original, the procedure for submitting a Worlds costume will be different — details below.
Tips for a sp00py costume
As you put together your entry (or entries — feel free to submit as many times as you like!), keep in mind the following:
- 🎃 Be original! Instead of just using all the parts of one costume that already exists, mix and match to create your own unique costume.
- 🎃 There are some great Halloween costume parts at the ghoul gathering from the end of the Haunted House quest from the Store, as well as the collection of free costumes in the Store, but be creative and search in other places too! We have tools like the Avatar Studio Gift and iPop to help you find just the right parts you need.
- 🎃 Keep your costume intact until after the winners are announced on October 31 (Halloween). If you change your costume before then, we may not see it! If you don’t want to keep the costume on your main account, you can create a new one and post the link to that instead. Or, send us a screenshot from the Avatar Studio in the same way as you see cropped on our ASG page. (Entries for Worlds will require a screenshot — don’t worry, it’s a simple process!)
- 🎃 Optional: Give your costume a groovy name. It’ll help your costume stand out even more, and if it wins, we’ll refer to it by the name you’ve given it!
How to enter your costume
- 🍭 To post your entry for Poptropica Original, go to the Avatar Studio, type in your username, click Load, click on the Link to highlight it, right-click and choose Copy. Then, go to the comments section on this post, right-click and choose Paste, type in your comment (you can include your username if you’d like to) and submit it, so we can view your costume by clicking the link!
- 🍭 To post your entry for Poptropica Worlds, go to your closet and take a screenshot (see instructions here for screenshotting on any computer or mobile device). Then, upload your screenshot on an image hosting website such as imgur or TinyPic, copy the link to your image, and insert the link into your comment so we see it!
For both games, you can submit as many entries as you like, but if you do, make sure to use multiple accounts so that you don’t overwrite the last costume you put on. Remember, though, you can only win a maximum of one time for each game.
The contest closes on Monday, October 30. Winners will be announced October 31.
Winners & Prizes
- 👻 On Halloween (October 31), we’ll make a post featuring the winning costumes on the front page of the PHB for all to see, *PLUS* each winner will receive a one-month Poptropica membership, courtesy of the Poptropica Creators!
- 👻 The winning costumes will also be immortalized on the PHB’s Costumes page, where you can see examples of past Halloween winners.
- 👻 We’ll have 12 winners total – 6 costumes from each game – as well as some honorary mentions for just the post, but not the page.
🍭👻🎃 Happy Costumizing! 🎃👻🍭
🍭 P.S. If you’re feeling especially artistic in this spooky season, be sure to participate in this month’s Community Creations, which also has a Halloween theme!