Note: By the way, don’t forget to check out 2 very interesting, Halloween-related posts! One by Hijuyo about the many peculiar happenings in the world of Poptropica… and another by Golden Eagle about the many things that the creators are doing for the Halloween celebration! I COMMANDETH YOU TO GO FORTH AND READETH THE ARTICLES!
Note 2: GE asked me to say that she won’t be here mostly for 3 1/2 months due to her need to study for the SATs. 😦 (She is not leaving the PHB or the PHF permanently.) Of course, everybody is sad, but I hope everybody wishes her luck! She deserves it. Everybody here will miss you, GE! Have fun! ;D
Note 3: Added a new rule that might concern a few.
Note 4: Just added a MUST-READ RULE that I accidentally left out! PLEASE READ TO ENSURE THAT YOUR COSTUME WILL BE VALID FOR JUDGING!
Note 5: Oh my, I promise this is the last time I ever update this post. x) Maybe. Anyway, check out the newly released October issue of the Poptropican’s 911! The scariest month of the year is here, and you should get in the know about what’s happening and what happened!
Note 6: The contest has ended. No further submissions will be accepted. Comments are now closed. No exceptions. I hope all of you enjoyed entering the contest; judging will start. Results will hopefully surface around the weekend time. Thanks for all of the entries, too! I roughly counted a whopping 114 costumes entered. Thanks again.
The surprise (that I may have divulged to some of you) is here! I’ve been working on the railroad PHB for almost a year now; my anniversary is in 4 days actually. 🙂 The ride has been fun the whole time, and I knew I couldn’t bask in the happiness alone. My only intent to work for the PHB has always been to become the most popular Poptropican in the world please the viewers and readers as much as possible. That is why the PHB is having the first EVER…
HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!
Yes, that is right! In honor of my 1st full year with the PHB and almost 2 MILLION HITS achieved, a contest is in need! For the month of October, I found it appropriate to create a contest where you can show off your spookiest, blood-curdling-scream-inducing Poptropica Halloween costumes.
Of course, with every contest, there have to be some ground rules/specifications set.
- I think I’ll start with this one to get it fresh in your mind. NO CHEATING ALLOWED! If you disregard the rules below, you will be disqualified from this competition.
- Only 1 costume allowed per person. If you create multiple accounts to enter, you will be disqualified.
- Your entry has to be your Poptropican and only yours.
- Submit your entry in the comments! I suppose I don’t really care how you show your costume. As long as there is legit proof that it is YOUR Poptropican, you’ll be fine. The recommended way would be to use the Avatar Studio function provided here, and then post the link in the comments below.
- Also, we ask that you put your Poptropica username that you log in with in your comment! This is a must! You’ll find out why you need to in a second. 😉
- We don’t mind if your costume is somewhat similar to others’ costumes, but please, please, PLEASE make sure you’re not accidentally copying somebody else. The last thing I want is to have to disqualify someone simply because it appears that they are trying to pass another one’s idea off as their own.
- Originality, functionality, and creativity are big pluses! Make your costume the best it can possibly be!
- You are allowed to use leaked items or items bought with Poptropica Credits LEGITLY. Hacking or anything else that gives you an unfair advantage is NOT PERMITTED!
- The winners will be selected by judging instead of voting (as voting is easily exploitable as seen by an attempted contest on the PHF). Another judge (whose name will be kept secret, so they don’t have to deal with bribes) and I will be looking through all of the submissions to determine the winner and runner-ups. We promise you that we will not pick favorites or have any biased opinion WHATSOEVER!
- The contest begins today, Friday, October 2, and ends on Tuesday, October 6, the day of my anniversary. 😀 If, for some reason, we don’t get enough entries or something like that, we will possibly extend it. It will take 2-4 days after the contest ends to judge the costumes and decide the winners. We will create a post on the PHB with the winners and other info. 🙂
- We reserve the rights to change these rules and other mumbo-jumbo if we feel like it. 🙂 A note will be added if any change occurs within the rules or the contest.
- Also, anybody who is not a judge can participate in the contest. That includes everybody on the PHB! ^^
- I am so sorry that I didn’t mention this before, but if you are using the Avatar Studio to show your costume, it’s a must that you do NOT change the outfit! If you are taking a screenshot of your costume, you’re fine, but I need to make sure that everybody’s costume is INTACT the days of judging! I apologize for any inconveniences!
If there is anything I may have forgotten to point out that you are unsure about, please comment your question and I will answer it. Lastly… let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “But Smockers! Why should I participate in this contest? What’s in it for me? WHAT ARE MY BENEFITS?” One word: CREDITS! 😀
- Yes, the prize at stake here is Poptropica Credits, everybody! I will mention it again; the credits were paid for by the Hippie Man Appreciation Club (HMAC). It’s fun to stay at the H-M-A-C!
- The GRAND PRIZE winner who we deem the best costume of all wins the handsome prize of 1000 CREDITS! If we get enough entries and I’m feeling generous, I just might up the credits to 1500. 😉
- Of course, there will be some entries that we will still feel that they deserve some prize for their effort and craftsmanship. 4 RUNNER-UPS will win… 500 credits! YAY!
- If in the case that you do win, we at the HMAC will not need your password to your Poptropica account! We just need your username! I am hoping that you read the rules earlier that stated that, yes, a Poptropica username that you log in with is a necessity in your comment if you want to win credits! If you didn’t read the rules… FOR SHAME.
- If you win, the credits will be promptly added to your account within 1-2 days after the results are announced!
Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this. 🙂 I just wanted to give everyone an incentive for reading the PHB and actively participating within its facilities. 😀 It would mean the whole world to me if we could get maybe… 50 entries? It’s a cool thought.
But, what are you doing still reading this? GET YOUR COSTUMES TOGETHER AND GET WORKING! 😉 GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY WHO IS PARTICIPATING!
Wishing you the best of luck,