Old islands snaggled to smoke

Hey Poptropicans! First off, if you haven’t already, check out the new island, Reality TV: Wild Safari, on CoolMathGames! We’ve got you covered with our PHB island guide, too. You might enjoy the trivia section! 🦛

But an island appears one day, and about 35 islands are gone the next. Yup, check your maps: all the old-school islands (non-SUIs) are gone. RIP. The good news is, you can still access them via idk’s Old Island Directory.

(Don’t be fooled by the page buttons at the bottom… these screenshots were taken before the great loss of our beloved Old School Islands, but they show which islands have survived the purge.)

(UPDATE): Even still, Poptropica is planning on bringing those islands back eventually. They were removed due to the older technology resulting in game bugs, but Poptropica’s working on porting them to newer tech!

From the first page of the new map, you’ll also see that we have one tutorial (Monkey Wrench) replaced by another: Snagglemast Island.

Odd name, but it’s rather similar to the retired Hub Island from 2015, with a similar premise—except instead of collecting shards, we’re collecting mega coins. However, the only coins I saw were all dangling in a bar at the top of the screen. You’ll also get to meet various characters and animals as you bumble along, and fellow adventurers may occasionally run past you in their pursuits.

In other news, the voting round of the Poppies is now over. Tune in on Friday at 7 p.m. Eastern for our awards party, in which we announce the winners via livestream and celebrate the PHB’s birthday in Poptropica common rooms! More details about the Poppies 2019 party here »

The PHB squad is totally ready for the Poppies. | Illustration by Gentle Dolphin

Stay awesome, Poptropicans. ✨

17 thoughts on “Old islands snaggled to smoke

1. thepieskyhigh says:

Great. A new kinda mediocre island and 35 (that much, right?) Gone. I can only assume Poptropica still has the files for the islands somewhere, and will try to port them to HTML5 and, maybe a new format, which I hope not. Also, Monkey Wrench is was way better then whatever this new tutorial is

2. Sad Poptropican says:

35 is a lot of islands. 😢 Do you think they’ll be able to turn these islands into SUI islands like they did with 24 carrot, or Mythology island? Or would it take too long?

3. GreedyShadow says:

*Looking at the art work*

I guess Club Penguin Rewritten isn’t the only one that considers it as a competitive sport… or maybe that’s just me. 😅

P.s: why isn’t this votable?! It’s too good.

4. captenphineas says:

This is weird (and pretty annoying since most of my favorites aren’t SUIs yet), but I’m going to be optimistic and assume this just means that they are working on turning them into SUIs and will add them to the map as they are ready. We’ll see though…

5. A Random Passerby says:

I haven’t had any of the old islands since I rejoined Poptropica (May 2019)… but the Old Island Directory you provided works perfectly! Finally I can play what I’ve been waiting for for months.

• Slanted Fish says:

Yes, many players reported not seeing the old school islands after the map update in April, but now they’ve disappeared for all players, too. I’m glad the directory works well — thanks to idk for creating that resource.