This post is featured. Scroll down for newer posts!
Hello, Poptropicans—it’s Lucky Joker here!
The PHB just celebrated its tenth anniversary last month (pretty incredible, right?). Over the decade of this site’s existence, we’ve had many headers at the top to visually show who we are and what we’re all about.
Now, we want to give you the chance to design our header. That’s right: the PHB is announcing its first ever Poptropica Help Blog Header Design Contest! To get you thinking of ideas, here’s a selection of some of our past headers:
Here’s what you should know if you’re participating in the contest:
- To submit an entry, you have several options: email us at staff (at) poptropi (dot) ca, comment on this post with a link to your design, tweet us @Poptropica_Help, tag us on Instagram @PoptropicaHare, or send a private message to me, Lucky Joker, on Discord.
- The contest ends on August 31, so no entries submitted after that will be considered eligible to win.
- Submit as many entries as you like!
- Your header graphic should have a file size of 1180 (width) x 160 (height) pixels, or a ratio equivalent. Otherwise, it may get cropped.
- Your header graphic should include the words “Poptropica Help Blog” somewhere. Other elements you may choose to include, but are not required, include: a witty tagline (or use ours), our logo, our Poptropicans (you can grab images from the Avatar Studio, and find our usernames on the Friend Finder), the VIP logo (which you can grab from the sidebar) or other images from the game (the Poptropica Clip Collection and napstachill’s Digital Wallpapers are great resources for Poptropica graphics).
- You can create in any medium, whether digitally through illustration, typography, photo manipulation; or traditionally, with pencils, pens, cut-out shapes, and so on; or a pastiche of whatever. If you’re not creating digitally, be sure to retain quality by using a scanner or decent camera in good lighting.
And don’t feel too pressured to make it look like any one of our past headers — be creative! We’re just looking for something that catches our eye.
One winning entry will be selected to be featured as the PHB’s main site header for the entire month of September. We’ll also feature our favorites in a post on the blog.
🍀 Good luck, Poptropicans! 🍀
Have fun! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!