Crazy Costumes, Yogo Bucks, and… Nate Greenwall!

It looks like the Poptropica Creators are using their fashion sense to create some more crazy costumes for Poptropica soon! Here’s their latest sneak peek:

Blog Post Title: New Outfits!
Description: Here are a few examples of some “super-special” outfits we are working on!
Image URL: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gw_QYz_mHpo/SZscBulERtI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/dR6MQo6yUig/s1600-h/specialOutfits.jpg
Image Name: specialOutfits.jpg

Hmm, hmm, hmm – special outfits? What are they for? We don’t know yet. Maybe an advertisement?

Anyway, I’m not sure what they are, but I’ll try to describe them. Going from left to right: a lady with a queen’s robe and some sort of white wig (looks like a lawyer’s wig with jewelry on it), a white-skinned Asian-looking girl with a string instrument and purple dress, a soldier with a big helmet and 2 swords (one in his hand, one on his belt), and a guy in a lion costume, holding aย mouse (would that have anything to do with the story, The Lion and the Mouse?). ๐Ÿ˜›

yogobucks-copy

Welcome to the Yogo Bucks Club!

It’s the newest advertisement building on Poptropica, one predicted by Codien’s PHB Sneak Peeks.ย They can be found on Early Poptropica, Shark Tooth, Time Tangled and Nabooti. Thanks for the location names, Shiny Leaf!

To get the special Yogo Bucks Club Suit, you have to win the 3 games around the clubhouse. They are:

• Money Grab: lower-left part
  • Card Match: lower-right part
  • Find the Hidden Card: upper-right part

Once you beat all 3 games, you will win the Yogo Bucks Club Suit and a special prize – good luck!

After reading about Jeff Kinney being a Creator, Grumpy Wolf shares about someone named “Nate Greenwall” who also seems to be a Creator:

Iโ€™ve also heard of a man named โ€œNate Greenwallโ€, whom they are talking about on other blogs, But Iโ€™ll look into it.

His website is http://www.nategreenwall.com/ and on his resumรฉ that heโ€™s worked with Pearson Education Inc. and he joined the Poptropica team in โ€˜07. He is the one who even designed the Poptropica logo!

Cool – there are now 3 known ways of contacting the Poptropica Creators:

• Vlad the Viking: Send him a message on his YouTube channel page, one of his videos, or via private messaging. This requires you to have your own YouTube account, and you must be at least 13 to have one. The link is http://youtube.com/user/vladtheviking/.
  • Jeff Kinney: Send him an E-mail. This requires you to have your own E-mail address. Jeff’s E-mail address is wimpykid@comcast.net.
  • Nate Greenwall: Contact Nate. Visit his website, http://www.nategreenwall.com/, and click on “Contact” on the left. This requires you to have your own E-mail address. On the contact form, fill in your name, E-mail address, and what you want to say to him.

Check out the post below to learn more about Jeff Kinney, see an Astro Island sneak peek, and discover that the PHB has had its first half a million views!

108 thoughts on “Crazy Costumes, Yogo Bucks, and… Nate Greenwall!

1. SpiderGirl says:

i think the first one might possibly be the queen fronm astroknights island. I will definately get the dress! (sorry for my bad spelling, I’m in a rush)

2. ruthrose88 says:

i also heard a of a creator named lola stone…ill try to find out

Scary Tomato: I know, it’s on Wiki Answers. I’m pretty sure that one’s a lie, though. There is no proof to back it up. Anybody with a W.A. account can edit question and answers there. ๐Ÿ™„

3. Director Lion ( Gentle Lion) says:

I think those people are from Astroknights Island… Im not sure though.
    I also finished all the 3 tasks in the Yogo Bucks ad. The outfit is very cool and the games are sort of fun!:D

4. Cheerful Claw says:

I think they may be from Reality TV island. Maybe, maybe not. And now, we know the identities of 2 creators! Woo-hoo! ๐Ÿ˜›

5. Grey Flame says:

Yes, I also saw that they cropped it. My guess (other than an ad) is that it’s for that French-themed island: it’s the only island that we barely know anything about it and that puffy-haired gal looks like Marie Antoinette to me.

6. Dangerous Bird says:

Well,first of all congratulations for your site.I don’t think that your blog is useful for Poptropica informations(I learn everything from creators blog),but I enjoy reading the comends.Now, I don’t think that the costumes are for a new island because it’s too early to start a new island on.Don’t forget Reality TV island.We know nothing about it.

Scary Tomato: We do have some Reality TV Island information. Check out the archives. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. mousyblack says:

I’m pretty sure the PHB poeple hack, because that’s the only way I can think of in this situation. Do you hack, Scary? ๐Ÿ˜•

Scary Tomato: No it’s not a hack. The Creators edited their post to only show 2 people in the sneak peek, but I managed to see the original post with 4 people. You can even check the image URL. ๐Ÿ™„

8. Sharklionjay says:

It must be a monster carnival island sneak peak! Just look at the outfits!

Scary Tomato: Probably not… Monster Carnival was canceled a long time ago. ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Blue 6254 says:

I think the Soldier is St George England’s Patron Saint because he has an england flag shirt and crosses on his helmet and St George was a soldier.

10. bronze foot says:

i was searching the internet and im pretty sure that another creator for poptropica is steven r. greenwall.

something said that he had something to do about poptropica.

im not talking about nate greenwall

11. Grey Flame says:

Bronze Foot, Steven R. Greenwall is Nate Greenwall’s DAD.

Also, I went on Nate Greenwall’s blog and found out that he designed the Pumpkin widget on the blog a while back in October. It was Comic Kid who posted this, so i’m wondering if mabye Nate is Comic Kid on the blog. Of course, Nate could have asked somebody else to post it for him…

12. Grey Flame says:

Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy…

Mabye the pictures are of an upcoming island!
    This sounds wacko, but it could be “Continents Island” or something :mrgreen:. Ms. poofy hairdo and the knight could be from Europe, the Asian woman is (no surprise here) from… ASIA!!! And the lion could possibly be from Africa since there are lions in Africa. As I was saying, weird idea, but HEY!

13. Grey Flame says:

Grumpy Wolf: yeah, I know that. I was answering Bronze Foot’s question.

Also, to the Nate Greenwall post, it says on his blog that he won’t be answering any more Poptropica Questions ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    That’s too bad.

14. Katie (aka speedy ghost) says:

oh my gosh! i love these outfits! they are so cool!

also smockers i am glad you are back! we thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! just kidding ๐Ÿ˜›

15. Grey Flame says:

Shaggy Tornado, I don’t watch Phineas and Ferb, so I’m not sure but guessing that Purple Giant is some place that they live in or something. No idea, just a guess.

16. I am the Jedi (a.k.a. Orange Tornado) says:

On the PCB theres a new post. its called

Klassic Komix
    Be sure to head over to Klassic Komix on Big Nate Island if you haven’t already. You can read tons of Big Nate comics there!
    Posted by Dr. Hare.

Scary Tomato: Didn’t I say many times not to repeat other people? ๐Ÿ˜

17. Cheerful Claw says:

Cropped means they cut it out using the computer. Or atleast something related to that. I hope that helps, Trusty Bee!

18. Quick Flame says:

Oh and I read an article syaing theres going to be another new island on Pop tropica heres the paragraph:

The new FableVision island merges Poptropica’s exploratory game play with
    a storyline that promotes creative expression. Under Reynolds’ creative
    direction, the game’s story features a virtual artist colony where a
    disgruntled inventor is removing all color and creativity from the island and
    kids come to the rescue to reverse the colorless chaos.

heres the link… http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS92683+09-Sep-2008+PRN20080909

19. Grumpy Wolf says:

Quick Flame, those are very interesting finds! But Poptropica HQ is located in Boston, MA. Still, keep up the good work!

20. Katie (aka speedy ghost) says:

yes but also it is 2009, so maybe this year? there do seem to be multiple islands coming out! and if you add in big nate and nabooti you might have 10 of them!

21. Quick Flame says:

No there are 8 so maybe Big Nate, Nabooti, Astro-Knights, and Reality TV were supposed to come out last year? Because that’s 10 right there.

22. Katie (aka speedy ghost) says:

maybe. but just think about it. big nate, nabooti, astro knights, reality tv, this french themed island, and this chineese one?

23. Katie (aka speedy ghost) says:

hmmmmmm… maybe there is an animal themed island coming out. codiens post this week said monkeys. but in this picture there is a lion. it is a possobility!!!!

24. Katie (aka speedy ghost) says:

sorry guys to be taking up so much space, but dont you think it is odd that reality TV isnt out yet and Astro Knights just was announced and is coming out before? I mean we have known about reality tv for months now!

25. serious spider says:

48#
    Actually I think this one is probably for Astro Knights Island? Maybe. But the second lady looks more Japanese than Chinese to me. I think it’s a Geisha. ๐Ÿ˜€

26. ruthrose88 says:

OMG I LOOOVE HSM OMG NO WAY MY OUTFIT IS SO SWEEET GO WILDDCATS1!!GO SHARPAY!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    sorry i got a little over excited

27. Neat Whale says:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I HATE THAT STUPID HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!!!!!!!! (i’m not a avrage girl, ok?) Why must Pop advertise it? It stinks!

28. Neat Whale says:

sry about that. it’s just that i think its weird. no offence. but it’s nothing like hannah montana to me. where ever i look, shes staring at me. i hate that!

29. Quick Flame says:

Scary Tomato, what do you think about this article though?

I found it a few days ago and also, I found a Jordan Leary who works for poptropica for editing or something, he has a website to, I think it’s jordanleary.com or something.

And I found a cheat for Big Nate when you race him on the jet skis. You just point the pointer thing all the way to the right until you’re out of the screen then you’ll just go through all the obstacles at top speed.

Scary Tomato: Very interesting about finding another Creator! I think you’re right – I visited Jordan Leary’s site and he is definitely a Poptropica worker. Great discovery, Quick Flame – I’ll post about it soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

30. Quick Flame says:

Here’s a paragraph from it…

The new FableVision island merges Poptropica’s exploratory game play with
    a storyline that promotes creative expression. Under Reynolds’ creative
    direction, the game’s story features a virtual artist colony where a
    disgruntled inventor is removing all color and creativity from the island and
    kids come to the rescue to reverse the colorless chaos.

31. Cheerful Claw says:

First of all, I agree with Neat Whale 100,000,000,000%. I hate HSM. A lot. No offense to anyone who likes it. And sorry it’s not on the topic of Poptropica. Second, there’s a new post on the creator’s blog called Graduation. There are also two new polls. ๐Ÿ™‚

32. ruthrose88 says:

to comment 57:well i am NOT a girly girl if thats what you are implying i just like hsm cause ashly tisdales on it is juust natural but siunce were talkin about lovong stuff

I ABSALUTELY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY AND THE SUITE LIFE ON DECK IT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!i also like h20:just add water

33. Grey Flame says:

Yeah I agree with Neat Whale because I am definately a huge tomboy.

Back to the topic of Poptropica. I wonder what all the French stuff will be about. It would be way faster if the Creators worked on only one island at a time instead of, like, ten!

• Neat Whale says:

yes. i did. maybe because every1 at my skool is all hsm. they were tee shirts. they have backpacks and lunchboxs with hsm on it. NO LIE!!!!

• Lina says:

my school too! and all the kindergardners are like: “oh i love troy!” im feel like telling them, “YOU GUYS ARE KINDERGARDNERS!! YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING WITH DOLLS!!” ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Neat Whale says:

lol! same here!
        on topic: if ur wearing a hsm coustume, i honestly wont play with u i hate hsm so much!!!!
        no offenes

• Jessica says:

please get back on topic people! and everyone has their opinion like mine is that twilight is the best book ever written! but its my opinion and i dont care if you dont agree with it! now please stop posting about what you hate and love this is a poptropica blog remember?

• Jessica says:

im a christian too but i love twilight! you can like the movies and books but not believe in them! anyways back to my point please people quit posting on what you like and hate its getting annoying and im sure scary tomato doesnt like it either!