Our first half-million, Jeff Kinney, and Shining Crystals!

Yes!! Poptropica Help Blog has reached 500,000 hits – that’s half of a million! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Special First Posts!:
Scary Tomato’s first post (joined July 26, 2008.)
Smockers’s first post (joined October 6, 2008.)
Codien’s first post (joined October 20, 2008.)

The PHB was created on July 26, 2008. Today is February 17, 2009. That means it took only around 6 months, 3 weeks, and a day! That was quick! ๐Ÿ˜€

To celebrate with a bit of confetti, check out this funny website:

The language written there is Dutch, but don’t worry, you don’t need to know Dutch to watch the cool video there! Oh, and turn on the volume for extra effects, too! ๐Ÿ˜›

Or…

• opens the cookie jar*
  • munches*

Let’s add some milk to that, too! Cheers! :mrgreen:

Many of you might know Jeff Kinney. In case you don’t, he’s the author of the bestselling series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid! If you want to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you can see it online for free on Funbrain: http://www.funbrain.com/journal/Journal.html?ThisJournalDay=1&ThisPage=1.

Anyway, Grey Flame recently discovered on Jeff’s website that Jeff Kinney himself is one of Poptropica’s Creators! Thanks for sharing, Grey Flame!

For proof, visit Mr. Kinney’s website at: http://wimpykid.com/

Click on “Author Interview” at the left side. Under the second Q-and-A that shows up, click on “Next”. On the next page find where it says “Q: Are you a full time writer?” A:, the answer, says: “No. I work full-time as a virtual world designer, and I created Poptropica.com. I’m also a full-time dad, so things are very busy for me right now!”

The big news is, there’s now another known way to contact the Poptropica Creators! On Mr. Kinney’s website, click on “Contact” at the left. At the top, it says:

Jeff Kinney
wimpykid@comcast.net

Please note: Because of the amount of E-mail Jeff receives, it’s not possible for him to respond quickly. It might take a few months for Jeff to get your E-mail.

We might be able to ask Jeff Kinney about Poptropica questions by sending E-mails to him! However, as the note says on his website, it might take quite a while before he replies (if he even does at all!).

If any of you send him an E-mail, and he replies, tell us about it! You can forward it to us at poptropicahelpblog@gmail.com. If it’s really interesting we can share it with everyone else on Poptropica Help Blog, and give you credit, of course!

Anyone here like pink? Then this next Astro-Knights sneak peek is for you!

Thanks Zany Moon for the alert. Adorned all over this image we see are a many shiny pink crystals. Here’s the picture and information:

Blog Post Title: Far Far Far Away
Description: I’ve found some really unique places within the vast world of Poptropica. This place was really special with its many glistening and glowing pink crystals. I couldn’t help but pick one up and examine its beauty.
Image URL: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q9BePaDQLzI/SZmP51ndHoI/AAAAAAAAAC0/Gx0istNg42c/s1600-h/crystals.jpg
Image Name: crystals.jpg

Maybe we’ll get to hold these crystals on Astro-Knights, since that’s what Comic Kid is doing in the picture! ๐Ÿ˜‰

More Recent News
PHB Sneak Peeks: Monkeying Around
Happy Valentine’s Day to Hyper Snowball and all other Poptropicans!
Big Nate: Island and Guide ONLINE!

47 thoughts on “Our first half-million, Jeff Kinney, and Shining Crystals!

1. timothy says:

Maybe in poptropica astro knights island there crystals which you can use to activate your space craft.

Scary Tomato: That’s a pretty cool guess. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Grumpy Wolf says:

I’ve also heard of a man named “Nate Greenwall”, whom they are talking about on other blogs, But I’ll look into it.

Scary Tomato: Another Creator? Cool – let us know more if you can! ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Grumpy Wolf says:

His website is http://www.nategreenwall.com/ and on his resumรฉ that he’s worked with Pearson Education Inc. and he joined the Poptropica team in ’07. He is the one who even designed the Poptropica logo!

Scary Tomato: Awesome, Grumpy Wolf – that is really cool! ๐Ÿ˜€

4. ruthrose88 says:

yeah!i heard somone talking about lola stone saying shes a creator can u look into it? yeah somone aed on wiki answers how old is lola stone the creator on poptropica

Scary Tomato: Usually (not all the time, but usually), Wiki Answers isn’t very helpful when it comes to Poptropica. As far as I’m concerned, that Lola Stone thing was made up. There isn’t even any proof for it – unlike the Jeff Kinney/Nate Greenwall ones! ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Neat Whale says:

OMIGOSH!!!!!! That’s sooo cool!! omg omg omg! Now we can tell him about not doing that really stupid membership! YES! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Popfan says:

OK! I just emailed Jeff Kinney to see when AstroKnights island comes out. If he replies, and knows the answer to when it does, I will post here and tell you all.

6. Cheerful Claw says:

AWESOME! I can’t believe it! Jeff Kinney is one of the creator’s! (screams) Wow. No one’s greeted you guys for having half of a million hits! Let me be the first to congratulate you. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Trusty Bee says:

Wow I can’t believe that Jeff Kinny is a poptropica creator! I screamed and ran round the room screaming “POPTROPICA RULES!”
    (A bit like Cheerful Claw said) I have the book diary of a wimpy kid and its so funny and cool! When I got it (and a few other books too) it was the first book I read! Then I read it again and I must have read it about….50 times its that good!

8. Grumpy Wolf says:

Oumer26, I learned about through a different Poptropica blog and I typed in “Nate Greenwall” on Google (my best friend :-P)

• Strange Joker says:

Have fun in life, GW! GO EAT SOME COOKIES!

I think the crystals were a deleted planet from Astro Knights (they must go through alot of edits and deletions!)

9. shaggy tornado says:

theres this new post on the PCB that involves some awesome costumes! They r a lion holding a mouse, a knight with a sword, and 2 weird costumes. Theyre like a Chinese woman i think with the white guitar sort of thing and this London looking queen with this HUGE white wig.

10. Grey Flame says:

Great job, PHB! Yeah, I saw that post! I wonder if it’s just an ad or what. I don’t think it’s for Astro-Knights Island- the costumes don’t have anything to do with mechanical or medeival things.

11. I am the Jedi (a.k.a. Orange Tornado) says:

The post shaggy tornado described is called

New Outfits.
    Here are a few examples of some “super-special” outfits we are working on.

12. serious spider says:

Actually Grey Flame,
    I disagree with you. Some of it look quite medieval. It looks like a something, a Geisha, a warrior and a lion. Ohhh… I love that lion head. Just wait till I get my hands on it… XD

0.5 of a million!!!!! Yay!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

13. Neat Whale says:

OK! Just sent Jeff the e-mail to not do membership. Hope he reads it, for i dont want there to be a differance of poptropicans, ones who have membership and ones who dont. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Grey Flame says:

Serious Spider,
    True, true, but where’s the Mechanical part? All of the Astro-Knights people have half-cyborg faces. If it was around Halloween, I’d say that the costumes were just for Halloween or something.

• spitsy spider says:

It’s me, but I’m Spitsy Spider now.
      Ok, you have a point, but it’s not Halloween. So we’ll find out when the Island is out! But the princess and Queen don’t have cyborg faces, sooo… ๐Ÿ˜›

15. Lina says:

I cant believe that he’s a creator! i wonder which one he is… comic boy? (it kinda makes sense since he make comic-like books :lol:) :geek:

16. Trusty Bee says:

My best friend Holly is with me and I have shown her the book diary of a wimpy kid. I have also shown her this website and am just about to show her poptropica. How cool is that Scary Tomato?! ๐Ÿ™‚

Scary Tomato: Cool! :mrgreen:

• Madhura says:

Astro-Knights is cool, no doubts. But it’s quite difficult. Yes. That’s true, it’s a really great island. I hope Steamworks Island is going to be better than the rest, because I’m hoping for some good games by Mr. Kinney.
      How’s this? Astro-knights makes me feel like an astronaut myself. Eleven syllables. Okay, now, bye!

17. Madhura says:

Hey, Poptropicans! I’m Madhura, and I’m a BIG fan of Poptropica. My favorite islands include Counterfeit Island, Skullduggery and Shark Tooth Island and… I think… Mythology Island! I love you, Jeff Kinney, for creating Poptropica!
    Loving you,