Game Guides

gameguides-pop

Our Game Guides offer tips and tricks to play your best at Poptropica’s mini games. Click on the titles to see our guides, and scroll down for more about retired games from bygone days!

Getting to the games

It’s easy to get started: on Home Island, head right and you’ll find the Blast-Off Arcade at the end. Enter the rocket and be blasted into a whimsical world where you can meet other players and play on various game machines!

Some other islands also have their own common rooms where you can battle other players in head-to-head games, such as the Party Time Tower on Time Tangled Island or the base camp on Reality TV: Wild Safari.

Head-to-Head Games

These are two-player games you can play with other players in Poptropica’s common rooms. To start a game, find the head-to-head game machine!

๐ŸŽˆ Balloons ยป

Click on a nozzle to release a balloon. The first person to get four balloons in a row wins! You can line them up straight or diagonally.

โ˜๏ธ Sky Dive ยป

Your goal is to safely reach the ground before your opponent. When it says go, click once to jump, then click again when youโ€™re ready to open your parachute.

โœจ Star Link ยป

Click between the stars to link them together and form boxes. Youโ€™ll be awarded a point for each box you complete.

Single-Player Games

These games can be played by only one player, and they’re each found on separate game machines within the Blast-off Arcade on Home Island.

๐Ÿš€ Blaster Attack ยป

Dodge asteroids by swerving your blaster, and press the space bar to obliterate them for points.

๐Ÿš˜ Crash-n-Bash ยป

On the road, watch out for fires, pick up boosts for speed, and bump into as many cars as you can for more points!

๐Ÿ’ฅ Pop-tastic ยป

Pop all the balloon animals before they get too close! Each pop gets you 10 points. How many can you pop in 30 seconds?

Bygone Days

Before the mini game system was re-hauled in late 2018, Poptropica had more (mostly head-to-head) mini games. Here’s what they were like.

๐Ÿ”ท Pathwise ยป

On your turn, click on any tile to change it to your color. Your goal is to create a pathway that connects the two sides of your color.

๐Ÿ”ข Sudoku ยป

Enter digits from 1 to 9 into the blank spaces on the playing board by typing or clicking. Every row, column, or 3ร—3 square must contain one of each digit.

๐Ÿ’ Switch ยป

Swap the position of any two adjacent fruits by clicking on them with your mouse. Connect three or more fruits in a row to score points!

๐Ÿ€ Hoops ยป

Use your mouse to aim and power your shot, then click to throw. The first player to make five shots wins!

๐Ÿ’ฆ Paint War ยป

Drag the gun to aim. Press, hold, and release the FIRE button to shoot at the paint balloons. The first player to pop 7 balloons wins!

๐Ÿฒ Soupwords ยป

Spell words by connecting two or more letters. Find as many words as you can before the soup gets cold!

๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธย Twisted Wizard ยป

To get Greg off his video game console on Wimpy Wonderland Island, youโ€™ll have to beat the game Twisted Wizard for him. Itโ€™s three whole levels of ogre-zapping fun!

The bygone days (that is, pre-2019) didn’t just carry these other mini gamesโ€”there were also other ways of meeting up with players, where you could challenge them to compete with you!

These days most players will go to the Arcade or one of the island common rooms to play, but once upon a time, there was also a feature called the Multiverse where players could create their own temporary room and hang out with others who they invited using a code. There were five room designs available: Big Brain Factory, Enchanted Forest, Techno Room, Sweet Tooth, and Crystal Cavern (the latter is pictured below).

multi party
A glimpse at a Multiverse party on Poptropica.

Another method of meeting up, though less popular, was to enter the tribe common rooms. Each of the eight tribes from Poptropolis Games Island had their own room especially designed for the tribe. You can learn more about each tribe and view their rooms on their respective PHB tribe pages.

Tribe Seraphim
The Seraphim tribe room.

Back in those days, each player also had their own battle ranking, a ranking out of five stars to show how good they were at head-to-head games. It wasn’t a perfect system: the higher your ranking, the more wins it would take for your ranking to go upโ€”but it was quite easy to drop your ranking with a single game loss. By default, players started with one star.

cosmoe

Just like battle rankings, use the 5-star system below to vote on how helpful this article was! Have fun competing on Poptropica!

271 thoughts on “Game Guides

1. Calm Eagle says:

Wow thats cool. I guess it is true when there are only six people at a time in a room, because every time i go in the same room, they have different people.! :mrgreen:

2. Thomas says:

my username is shinnsuke and my password is hhhhh i don`t use this person anay more hay scary tomato i saw a person with a ipod in a mulitplayer room i have seen you in the hair club in spy island

• Nunna Yo Business says:

I HATE Hoops! But I ROCK at Sky Dive. Most very skilled players when they challenge me they drop first but when I land they make a hole in the ground.

3. Lina says:

mine are 100% star link and soupwords. but in order of the ones i like are: 1. star link 2. soupwords 3. sky dive 4. hoops (hoops and sky dive are a tie i just chose one to put in front) 5. paint war 6. paint war 7. balloons and finally 8. sudoku

WOW

we have ALOT of diff games

4. Orange Raptor says:

I like Hoops, but the one that I’m best at is probably Soupwords. I usually hang out at The Daily Paper and The Hair Club.

5. tall horse says:

I like Paint War, Hoops, Soupwords and Star Link. Actually, I like all of them except Sudoku, becasue I’m really not that good at it. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. nix says:

i like sky dive the most, cause i win all the time.wanna know how? well, u just have to clik the mouse only once u see the top of the tree to the left, but u need good reflexes if u dont want to crash!!! if u want to prove that ur winning because of this tip, face me; im Speedy Crush, and if u really want to make sure its me, i smile uncontrollably.

7. Twilight&FOB says:

if you play a game…will it give you money or points?

Scary Tomato: Depending on if you won or lost the game, it will change your battle ranking higher or lower. Playing games doesn’t affect your Poptropica Credits, however. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• anahappysword says:

I love Sky Dive buti don’t think i get my stars filled for that anymore.
      Once,i played against a girl who was just as good at sky dive as me.She went on and on and won as much as me.
      The game was endless and i waited for her to quit on me like everyone else.
      She still faced me,though.I think i ended up quitting…..
      Anyways,endless Sky Dive can get tiring sometimes.

8. Cool Wing says:

to play sudoku you have to type in the numbers if you get it wrong you have to wait 5 seconds. the stickies are for if you think its right but you are not sure. Hope this helped!

PS I am Cool Wing on Poptropica too! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Crazy Lion says:

Codien’s hair almost blends in with the backround. ๐Ÿ™‚
    You guys rock with all you help and stuff!

PS: I’m Crazy Lion on Poptropica too!

10. Lina says:

perfect tomato, i couldnt help noticing that your picture is the same as Shiny Leaf’s. That means that you typed in the same e-mail. so…r u the same person as shiny leaf?

11. Shiny Leaf says:

Lina: Actually, Perfect Tomato is my brother, and we kids at home don’t have our own personal e-mail address, so we just use the same one. Our dad’s e-mail address. So, Perfect Tomato and me aren’t the same guy.

12. Fearless Paw says:

Neat Whale (Comment 46):
    The battle ranking has been around since the beginning of poptropica. People do chat;
    just a lot less than attepting to increase their battle ranking.:wink:

13. Angry Leopard says:

i wish i could meet you in poptropica ST my name is Angry Leopard or Brave Hopper. Maybe you could see my brother, Mighty Bones! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

P.S. Brave Hopper is really brave just belive this a game nothing to worry i did that and done Big Nate Island :mrgreen: ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Grey Flame says:

On hoops I think there’s a glitch: whenever I play, instead of the other person’s character it shows some afro guy with a tank top and a black eye. It only works if someone challenges you to hoops, though.

15. clubpenguin4607 says:

Tips on sodoku!

1. You have to have 1 of each number going across in a box or horizontoly. If you are doing in a box sometimes its like you have to do an order like 1 2 3 but if one of the numbers are already on the box or across or horizontely pick the next number (Maybe this tip might work or not) Digitable stickers are for if you want to pick a number and your not sure ( Sometimes peo
    ple use this ALL THE TIME!!!) 2. You have to look all 3 ways acrooss in a box or horizontaly because if your wrong you will have to wait 10 seconds to move again!!! 3. Offending this tip si to be warned of your opponent you never know if the opponent know the game! So you gotta be pretty quick on choosing numbers BUT NOT TO QUICK or else you will get it wrong!

Correct me if i got anything wrong…

• serious spider says:

Thanks for the tips. I know how to play Sudoku but when I’ve nearly finished the whole thing, I often need to switch cells around because it get’s more difficult.

16. Orange Tummy says:

In Switch, you can earn points by swapping the fruits before the timer starts during the instructions, I cheat with it. ๐Ÿ˜€

17. Cheerful Claw says:

I have a Battle Ranking or 4 2/3 stars, and it was only because I only played Head to Head Paint Wars. XD So if you ever want to play, just find Cheerful Claw!

18. Michael says:

I, “Incredible Hero”, am the MASTER at sky diving. I’ll Be at the ‘spy island’s’ multiplayer place if u want uh challenGE!!

19. Noisy Fish says:

When C.I came out in the early pass section when you looked into games you would see a game called “Track and Find” but when i looked a few days ago the game was gone.

Hijuyo: Search the PHB for ‘Track and Find’… we found a secret sneak peek of some time ago.

20. Green Boa says:

grrrrrr i don’t like the people limit in multiverse, I’m NEVER being let into a room! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Hijuyo: If you make your own Multiverse room, you can be the first one in! The limit of players at a time is probably to prevent loading issues. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Green Boa says:

Oh whoops I mean multiPLAYER room. ๐Ÿ˜› And my computer does not connect for multiverses because I don’t live in a town or city… :I so I can only play in multiverses when I’m in town… :I which sadly isn’t often ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

21. clubpenguin4607 says:

An upgrade to my game list:

1: Sky Dive ( Yes, its still number 1)
    2:Hoops (Pretty simple to me, lost a few times though)
    3: Star Link (Especially easy when im facing a new poptropican)
    4: Switch (I find switch easier than sudoku)
    5: Sudoku (Pretty hard now)
    6: Balloons (I dont really like this game)
    7: Pathwise (Bleh, almost impossible to win)
    8: Soupwords (I HATE THIS GAME PERIOD!)

Please note that Paint War is not in my list any more, i hate that game now >.<

• breakfast says:

My most favourite game is sky dive!!!!!!!!!!I won sky dive and pathwise.sky dive tutorial(be ready.if haven’t start false start.if oppoment open a parachute don’t open.if too close to ground,open it.some time draw or sometome they will close the game if not oppoment close the game u win.)pathwise click anywhere block oppoment way as u can then u win.)my deal!

22. Joseph says:

Hey, I thought up of a new game! It’s really fun. It’s called “Dodge The Coconut”. Here’s how to play:
    1. Go to Shark Tooth Island.
    2. Go right until you get to Ancient Ruins.
    3. When a coconut falls, try to dodge it without getting hit by it.
    4. Keep track on a piece of paper to write how many you dodge and how many you get hit by.
    5. If you dodge 10 coconuts you win, but if you get hit by 3 you lose.
    Have fun playing it!