Something strange is happening on 24 Carrot Island. People are going missing, and the virtual world’s carrots are disappearing as well. It’s up to you to get to the bottom of the mystery and to bring the Island back to its former splendor!
For walkthroughs on 24 Carrot Island, scroll down.
*Not to be confused with 24 Carrot Island on Poptropica Worlds.
Resources on this page: Island Extras | Synopsis from Poptropica | Video Walkthrough | Written Walkthrough | Album Photos | Trivia
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
Walkthrough by Slanted Fish; pictures by Poptropica Buddies
Welcome to the dystopian world of 24 Carrot Island! (Fun fact: “24 Carrot” is a pun on “24 karat”, meaning gold in its purest form.)
Whiskers the cat
The first task is to return a missing cat (Whiskers) to her owner, Charlie. From Main Street, where you started, head left to the Carrot Farm.
Keep going left until you reach a house. Jump up on the ledge near a window, then up again onto the blue roof. From there, hop onto the chimney and click to enter through it.
Inside the house, go right over to the white Empty Bowl lying on the ground and pick it up.
Leave the house by going left and exiting by the red fireplace. Hop off the chimney and exit the Carrot Farm.
Back on Main Street, head inside the Carrot King Diner. Ask the waitress to fill your bowl with milk. Your empty bowl will become a Bowl of Milk.
Now go back to the Carrot Farm, and go inside the house again. You’ll automatically set the bowl down where you’d found it.
Go right and get to the second floor by climbing up the light fixture. Then go all the way left and into the bathroom. Turn one of the bath tub faucets, and Whiskers the cat will jump out of the bath. Herd the cat down to the bowl of milk on the floor below.
Chasing the cat down is a little tricky, but don’t give up! Once the cat drinks the milk, it will follow you. Guide Whiskers back to Main Street and into the tool store, Charlie’s Carrot Surplus Co.
Return Whiskers to Charlie, and Charlie will give you a Crowbar.
Outside the Factory
Leave Charlie’s store and go all the way right to the Factory area. Climb onto the roof of the factory and reach for the blue scroll of Vent Blueprints sticking out of the top window. They’ll help you navigate the vent system inside.
Now jump down to the red cans in the dirty water. Look for the big greenish-brown pipe next to the cans, and click on it. You’ll use your crowbar to pry it open. That’s your way in!
Inside the Factory
Yeah, the inside of the factory isn’t much better than the exterior — especially since you’ve just entered the sewers.
Head left and grab the colorful Carrot Transporter lying on the ground. You can use it to teleport yourself outside the factory.
Then jump on the small ledge above you, and onto the right platform. Run across the red trapdoors when they form a path. If you fall, just keep trying! Avoid the big rat by using using the extra pipe above you. At the end of the pipe, go up.
Master Engine Room
In this next room, pull the green master engine’s middle lever down all the way, and pull the other levers only halfway. Then climb up to the platform with a pyramid of barrels and a stack of boxes. Jump onto the stack of boxes, then wait until the claw comes around.
When it arrives, jump onto the claw, but then jump onto the claw’s top. If you stay on the bottom of the claw, you can fall through its hole, so be careful. Ride the claw all the way to the far right platform. Enter the open vent at the end.
You are now in the vent system. Use the blueprint to help guide you to the Processing Room. Here’s the full picture of the vent system schematic blueprint, courtesy of the Poptropica Wiki:
Along the way, you should find some Wire Cutters. Pick them up.
Then continue working your way to the Processing Room. Jump to the ground, and wait for the security system to automatically transport you to the Freezer.
You should now be in the Freezer. (Remember, if you’re not sure where you are, check your Blueprints.) Click the small metal box on the wall labeled “Security System.” Use the wire cutters to cut all the wires.
Climb up to a high platform to enter the vent system again. Use the blueprints to help you get to the Printer Room.
Inside the Printer Room, make sure you avoid the falling crates, because they will knock you over if you bump into them! Now disable the mind-controlled drone near the printer by distracting her (ask what’s behind her) and pressing the power button in the middle of her rabbot ears.
She will give you a printout with the System Password on it — “fuzzybunny.” Grab the paper and head back into the vent system, this time making your way to the Processing Room.
Now you’re back in the Processing Room. Talk to all the mind-controlled people (choose the third option in the chat) to distract them so that you can press the power button in the middle of their rabbot ears. The mind-controlled people will now be free! Now, go over and click the big metal doors. You will fall down in a trap and land into the Smelter Room.
You should now be in the Smelter Room. Jump down the red platform to land on a conveyor belt. Move to the far right end of the conveyor belt and jump up onto the pipe. Now jump on top of the machine and grab the rabbot Drone Ears.
Go to your inventory and put them on. Now go back to the pipe and exit, and you’ll be back in the Processing Room.
Make sure to have your rabbot Drone Ears on! When you do, go back over to the big metal doors and click on them. You should now be in the Rabbot Room.
Talk to Dr. Hare. Climb onto the giant rabbot and go to the right platform. Disable the mind-controlled drone there. Click on the computer to use it. Enter the password “fuzzybunny”, then enter the command “launch rabbot”.
It’s time to stop the evil Dr. Hare! Steer the rabbot into four meteors. When the rabbot hits the fourth meteor, it will be destroyed and Dr. Hare’s plan will be foiled!
You can climb the rope near the computer to exit, or use the Carrot Transporter to teleport yourself out of the carrot factory. With Dr. Hare out of the picture, the island can now return to its former splendor!
Now, head back to Main Street and go all the way to the left. Talk to the mayor — he’s the one wearing a black top hat. He’ll give you your reward: the Island Medallion and credits to spend at the Store!
Congratulations, you have completed 24 Carrot Island!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- 24 Carrot Island is Poptropica’s 4th island, released on June 6, 2008.
- Before 24 Carrot was released, Monster Carnival Island appeared on the map as “coming soon”. However, it was replaced by 24 Carrot Island with no explanation. You can read more about this in the PHB article entitled Mystery of Monster Carnival.
- The name “24 Carrot” is a play on the phrase 24 karat, meaning gold in its purest form.
- Common room: Cinema – showing Night of the Living Carrots and Carrots of Fire, which parodies the names of the films Night of the Living Dead and Chariots of Fire.
- You can change your hair color using the drink stand in the Carrot King Diner.
- The villain, Dr. Hare, reappears in Super Villain Island. He is also a Poptropica Creator.
- Charlie refers to her cat Whiskers as a “she” before you return it, and “he” after you’ve returned it. However, according to the Poptropica Ultimate Sticker Collection book, Whiskers is a “he”.
- On the factory, there is a sign that says Est. 1830, though Early Poptropica claims to have been established in 1982. Poptropica was released in 2007.
- There is a MiniQuest in the Store called Dr. Hare’s Secret Lab which used to cost 250 credits but is now free. Dr. Hare himself is not present, but you’ll encounter some of his slaves in his lair.
- The description on the item card for the crowbar says, “If at first you don’t succeed, pry, pry again.” (The crowbar is used to pry open the factory entrance.) This is a pun on the English proverb “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
- According to the Poptropica teaching guide for 24 Carrot, the owner of the Carrot King Diner is named Tony.
- According to the Poptropica Ultimate Sticker Collection book, the mayor’s name is McTeague and the waitress is called Flo.
- 24 Carrot is the first island to feature a full-length soundtrack with ‘better navigation’ (the common room cursor, but easier to use) and a bigger screen, released as the 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene Island (a pun on the chemical compound beta-carotene as well as beta testing) on June 20, 2013. Only members were able to test out the beta, and they received a free Beta Tester Costume to keep forever (this costume was also what they had to wear while playing the beta). There is also a 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene medallion (which is silver and gold, unlike the others which are plain gold) in the Friends profile section.