*Not to be confused with 24 Carrot Island on Poptropica Worlds.
Kids, carrots, and a cat have gone missing! Help solve the mystery! Island tips: Find the cat. Get into the factory. Avoid detection. Save the world!
For walkthroughs on 24 Carrot Island, scroll down.
Quippy’s Store Items
Quippy sells the following items inside the cinema: Hare Hotshot, Dr. Hare Plush Toy, Light & Shadow Hare*, and the Rabbit Ear Prank*. (* = members only)
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
Walkthrough with pictures by Slanted Fish
Kids are missing, carrots are missing, even the cat is missing. Welcome to the dystopian world of 24 Carrot Island! (Fun fact: “24 Carrot” is a pun on “24 karat,” meaning gold in its purest form.) Jump to parts of the guide:
Step 1: Give milk to cat
The first task is to return a missing cat, Whiskers, to her owner, Charlie. From Main Street, where you started, head left to the Funny Bunny Carrot Farm.
Keep going left until you reach a house. Jump up on the ledge near a window, then up again onto the blue roof. From there, hop onto the chimney and click to enter through it. Inside the house, pick up the Empty Bowl on the ground.
Leave the house by going left and exiting by the red fireplace. Hop off the chimney and exit the carrot farm.
Back on Main Street, head inside the Carrot King Diner. Ask the waitress to fill your bowl with milk. Your empty bowl will become a Bowl of Milk.
Now go back to the carrot farm, and go inside the house again. You’ll automatically set the bowl down where you’d found it.
Go right and get to the second floor by climbing up the light fixture. Then go all the way left and into the bathroom. Turn one of the bath tub faucets, and Whiskers the cat will jump out of the bath, then head downstairs and drink the milk. Once that happens, the cat will follow you.
Step 2: Open sewer
Guide Whiskers back to Main Street and into the tool store, Charlie’s Carrot Surplus Co. Return Whiskers to Charlie, and Charlie will give you a Crowbar.
Leave Charlie’s store and go all the way right to the abandoned carrot cake factory. Climb onto the roof and reach for the Vent Blueprints sticking out of the top window. They’ll help you navigate the vent system inside.
Now jump down to the red cans in the dirty water. Look for the big greenish-brown pipe next to the cans, and click on it. You’ll use your crowbar to pry it open. That’s your way in!
Step 3: Disable security
Yeah, the inside of the factory isn’t much better than the exterior — especially since you’ve just entered the sewers.
Head left and jump on the small ledge above you, and onto the right platform. Run across the red trapdoors when they form a path. If you fall, just keep trying! Avoid the big rat by using using the extra pipe above you. At the end, go up.
Master Engine Room
In this next room, pull the green master engine’s middle lever down all the way, and pull the other levers only halfway. Then climb up to the platform with a pyramid of barrels and a stack of boxes. Jump onto the stack of boxes, then wait until the claw comes around.
When it arrives, jump onto the claw, but then jump onto the claw’s top. If you stay on the bottom of the claw, you can fall through its hole, so be careful. Ride the claw all the way to the far right platform. Enter the open vent at the end.
You are now in the vent system. Use the vent blueprints in your inventory to help guide you to the Processing Room. Here’s the full picture of the vent system schematic, courtesy of the Poptropica Wiki:
Along the way, you should find some Wire Cutters. Pick them up.
Then continue working your way to the Processing Room. Once inside, jump to the ground, and wait for the security system to automatically transport you to the Freezer.
Click the small metal box on the wall labeled “Security System.” Use the wire cutters to cut all the wires, with the gray scissor end pointed at the wires.
Step 4: Get Drone Ears
Climb up to a high platform to enter the vent system again. Use the blueprints to help you get to the Printer Room.
Inside the Printer Room, make sure you avoid the falling crates, because they will knock you over if you bump into them! Now disable the mind-controlled drone near the printer by distracting her (ask what’s behind her) and pressing the power button in the middle of her rabbot ears.
She will give you a printout with the System Password on it: “fuzzybunny.” Grab the paper, then head right and look for the other mind-controlled kids.
Talk to the two other mind-controlled kids, and while they’re distracted, press the power button on their drone ears to turn them off. They’ll be free!
Now, go over and click the big metal doors. You will fall down in a trap and land in the Smelter Room. Don’t worry — you’ll get something you need here.
Jump down the red platform to land on a conveyor belt. Make sure not to go when the pipes land, or you’ll be squished! Run to the far right end of the conveyor belt and jump up onto the pipe. Then jump up again and grab the Drone Ears. Go to your inventory and put them on.
Step 5: Defeat Dr. Hare
Head up the exit pipe, and you’ll be back in the Processing Room. With your drone ears on, go back over to the big metal doors and click on them. This time, you’ll pass the security and enter the Rabbot Room.
Talk to Dr. Hare, who’ll bark at you like you’re of his drones. Climb onto the giant rabbot structure and find the computer station on the top right. Talk to the kid there and power down his drone ears to free him.
Click on the computer to use it. Using the purple keyboard, enter the password: “fuzzybunny”, then press the enter key. Next, enter the command: “launch rabbot” (be sure to use the space key in between words). Then, the rabbot will begin its launch into outer space!
It’s time to stop the evil Dr. Hare! Steer the rabbot into four meteors. When the rabbot hits the fourth meteor, it will be destroyed and Dr. Hare will float into oblivion. No more kidnapper and carrot thief exploiting the town!
Follow the kid up the rope to get out of the factory. With Dr. Hare out of the picture, the island can now return to its former splendor! Back on Main Street, talk to the mayor, and he’ll give you the Island Medallion and credits to spend at the store. Congratulations, you have completed 24 Carrot Island!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures appeared in a former feature known as the photo album.
- 24 Carrot Island is Poptropica’s 4th island, released on June 6, 2008.
- 24 Carrot is the first island to feature a full-length soundtrack with ‘better navigation’ (the common room cursor, but easier to use) and a bigger screen, released as the 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene Island (a pun on the chemical compound beta-carotene as well as beta testing) on June 20, 2013. Only members were able to test out the beta, and they received a free Beta Tester Costume to keep forever (this costume was also what they had to wear while playing the beta). There is also a 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene medallion (which is silver and gold, unlike the others which are plain gold) in the Friends profile section.
- The original 24 Carrot had an extra Printer Room in the factory, but this was combined with the Processing Room in the 2020 re-release of the island to Poptropica’s Haxe build. The Printer Room can still be seen on the vent blueprint.
- 24 Carrot Island was re-released for Steam on May 25, 2022.
- Before 24 Carrot was released, Monster Carnival Island appeared on the map as “coming soon”. However, it was replaced by 24 Carrot Island with no explanation. You can read more about this in the PHB article entitled Mystery of Monster Carnival.
- The name “24 Carrot” is a play on the phrase 24 karat, meaning gold in its purest form.
- Common room: Cinema – showing Night of the Living Carrots and Carrots of Fire, which parodies the names of the films Night of the Living Dead and Chariots of Fire.
- You can change your hair color by mixing a drink with your desired color in the Carrot King Diner.
- The villain, Dr. Hare, reappears in Super Villain Island. He is also a Poptropica Creator.
- According to the Poptropica Ultimate Sticker Collection book, Whiskers is a “he”.
- On the factory, there is a sign that says Est. 1830, though Early Poptropica claims to have been established in 1982. Poptropica was released in 2007.
- There used to be a mini-quest in the Store called Dr. Hare’s Secret Lab. Dr. Hare himself is not present, but you’ll encounter some of his slaves in his lair.
- The description on the item card for the crowbar says, “If at first you don’t succeed, pry, pry again.” (The crowbar is used to pry open the factory entrance.) This is a pun on the English proverb “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
- According to the Poptropica teaching guide for 24 Carrot, the owner of the Carrot King Diner is named Tony.
- According to the Poptropica Ultimate Sticker Collection book, the mayor’s name is McTeague and the waitress is called Flo.