Hey Poptropicans, this is a guest post by Dangerous Dragon. Enjoy!
Hi Poptropicans, DD here. For quite some time now while playing Poptropica, I’ve been encountering some glitches like these. Have you?
1. Really laggy friends page
Have you noticed that the friends page takes a really long time to load, especially when you’re inviting your friends to the common room? After it has loaded, it also takes quite a bit of time to show people’s avatars in the blue circles.
2. Glitchy clubhouse
If you’re a person like me who likes to get as much stuff as possible into the clubhouse inventory, you might have encountered this. If you get an idea one day to redesign your clubhouse, you might find that your inventory is all messed up. Sometimes my items disappear, they don’t load, sometimes items overlay other items. Sometimes it just freezes on the spot.
3. Character page can’t reset
I figure this one probably happens to everyone. Ever try on a new costume? Before, when you were customising from the new costume and didn’t like part of it, you could just simply press the cross button to cancel the whole operation.
Now in the new character menu, when you wear something and take it off, the part doesn’t come back. Not even the reset button works. It’s just bad. I don’t understand why the creators had to change it. Before, in your inventory, you could just keep your cursor on the arrow and it would move by itself. Now you gotta keep clicking.
4. C’mon! Fix the black screen already
Seems like everyone experienced this: the black, black screen of death where the game doesn’t load and gets stuck for one whole day. This has been going on for a long time! I hope the creators fix this ASAP.
So these are the main issues that keep occurring — Poptropica’s four horsemen of the apocalypse, if you will. Now to end on a brighter note, here are a couple suggestions I have for features I’d like to see in-game:
- Friend requests via message tab: If you’ve ever got two or more requests from people who want to friend you, you have to reload the page many times as you can only accept one by one. Instead of this, it would be great if we could get a message for each potential friend that we could scroll through. It could say something like: “Would You Like To Be Friends? Accept/Deny.”
- Features from the old friend page: I have not seen the old friends page, but I have learnt about it through old posts and videos. Pop Quizzes, Tribes, Mood, Island Medallions, Album Photos and much more — it would be awesome to have those back.
That’s it for today!
Thanks and Keep Poppin,
Hope you enjoyed this guest post by Dangerous Dragon. If you did, you might also enjoy his other posts, such as his Finest Piece of Pop Merch Review: Time Tangled Wall Clock.
The Poptropica Help Blog welcomes interesting Poptropica insights from anyone in the Poptropica community with thoughts to share. Interested in writing for the PHB? We’d love to hear from you! 📰✨