This post is featured. Scroll down for more recent posts!
The Poptropica Help Blog presents
Halloween Costume Contest Eleven:
😇 Heavenly & Hellish 😈
As is our tradition here on the PHB, we’re hosting a Halloween costume contest on Poptropica! It’s our eleventh year doing this, and this time around we’re hosting two categories: Heavenly (for all things cute, charming, and classy) and Hellish (for the devilish, deviant, and depraved).
Here’s what you need to know about entering:
- Assemble your costume for either category on Poptropica. You may enter each category as many times as you like. Each individual person is eligible to win just once per category.
- Take a screenshot of your costume entry in the Costumizer window.* Here’s how to take a screenshot — the instructions will vary depending on your device. For Windows, you’ll also need to paste it somewhere to save it as an image file on your computer. Also, use the in-game Costumizer window (pictured below) as that will display your character at a high resolution. Ideally, crop the image to show just your character.
- Upload the image to the web and share the link in the comments of this post. You can use a site like imgur to upload your picture and obtain a web link for it that can then be shared so others can see it. Once you’ve got a link, comment on this PHB post you’re reading right now with the link. Include details such as what category you’re entering, what you’re naming your costume, and anything else you’d like to share about it. Look for my sample entry comment (it’ll be by Slanted Fish) for an example.
*Note: Though we’ve used Avatar Studio (AS) links in the past, many of the newer items in Poptropica are not visible through AS. If your entire costume is still viewable by AS, you’re welcome to provide a link or username in lieu of a picture. However, since AS is no longer a complete guarantee for displaying costumes, we recommend taking a screenshot.
📝 Things to Note ✨
- If you send us an Avatar Studio link, you’ll have to keep your costume intact until Halloween so we can see it throughout the month. That’s something you won’t have to concern yourself with if you send a screenshot instead, and it’ll be easier for you to capture multiple costume entries!
- Tips for seeking out costume parts: We know Poptropica has changed a lot in the past year, making lots of old methods obsolete, but there are still places you can go for cool costume parts. Dig through old store items, buy new store costumes, crank the switch in the New You shop on Home Island, snag something off an NPC from PoptropiCon, sneak your way into old islands with this link from idk the glitcher, and use MAP (for individual parts) or the ASG Machine (for full costumes) along with usernames from our ASG collection.
- Disclaimer: Our “heavenly” and “hellish” themes refer generally to the imaginations of pop culture at large, and do not necessarily reflect theological perspectives on the nature/ideas of heaven/hell.
👑 Prizes ✨
- The contest closes on Wednesday, October 30. We’ll announce the winners the next day.
- On Halloween (October 31), we’ll post our favorite costumes from each category on the front page of the PHB for all to enjoy.
- Two grand prize winners will be selected, one in each category. Each grand prize winner will receive a 1-month Poptropica membership.
- Featured costumes will also be immortalized on our Costumes page, but we’ll also have honorable mentions for just the post, not page.