Perhaps you’ve heard that June is Pride Month, a celebration of the world’s LGBT population. In many places IRL, pride parades are taking place, and here at the PHB, we thought we’d bring the high spirits to Poptropica as well. So, we’re throwing a Poptropica Pride Party, and you’re invited!
- 🤓️ WHO: Everyone – you don’t have to identify as LGBT! PHB staff will be there too!
- 🎉 WHAT: Multiverse parties on Poptropica and lively chat on the PHC. Though there’s an emphasis on LGBT pride, the conversation can wander. Like a real-life pride parade, we recommend you dress your character up in rainbow colors and outlandish fun gear!
- 🕒 WHEN: June 29, 2017 (Thursday) @ 3 p.m. Eastern / 2 p.m. Central / 1 p.m. Mountain / 12 p.m. Pacific (If you do not live in any of these time zones, use a time converter to find out what time it will be in your area! In some places, it may be Friday morning.) As with all PHB parties, feel free to pop in and out whenever. Parties tend to go on for a few hours, so it’s okay to be “fashionably late”!
- 🎈 WHERE: The Poptropica Help Chat hangout, a Discord chat server better known as the PHC – link is discord.me/thePHC. The chat is moderated and safe for kids.
- 🏳️🌈 WHY: To promote human dignity – more on that below.
LGBT stands for people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, and because such identities are not always accepted in society, LGBTs often face struggles such as discrimination. Fortunately, the Poptropica community is generally kind to those who identify as LGBT.
We also recognize that the topics involved are controversial and multifaceted. It is not our purpose in organizing this event to push any agenda, save for one which we hope all can agree with: that every human being, regardless of any area of their identity, deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
If you agree, we hope to see you at Poptropica’s first ever Pride Party! 🏳️🌈
– the PHB