(Hey Poptropicans! This is a guest post written by TallMelonisCool, a Poptropica player in the community. In this post he’ll be sharing his ideas for more features in multiplayer rooms. Enjoy! –🐠)
Hey guys! So, I like popping into common rooms a lot on Poptropica to chat with, battle, and friend other Poptropicans. Although it’s pretty fun, I think there are some features that could be introduced to make multiplayer on Poptropica even better. Hopefully, the Creators can consider these ideas for the future, and I also hope you guys like these ideas. Let’s go!
1. Make it easier to view who’s currently in the multiplayer room
In order to show the options for chatting, battling, or friending someone in a multiplayer room, the player you click on has to be standing still – but sometimes, they just will not stop moving!
What they should do is have a window you can open or close that lists all the players currently in the room, as well as options next to them that say Chat / Battle / Friend. Prompting any of these actions would bring your Poptropican over to them if you aren’t already there, so they can see that you’re interested in interacting with them.
2. Show what the other player is busy with
You know when you really want to chat or battle with a Poptropican, but they’re always busy? Well, I’d love to know just what they’re busy with. Whether it’s looking through their backpack items, browsing the store, or checking out their friends’ profiles, I’d like to see the message “Sorry, I’m busy right now” changed to something that indicated what they were up to.
They could even have a feature where you can click on options for feelings (like the ones on your friend profile), so you can tell others something like, “I’m feeling happy/sad/sleepy right now.”
3. Option to choose who your chat question is directed to
Not everyone knows this, but when you chat with someone, every Poptropican in the room gets to answer the question. This is cool sometimes, but not always. It’s not so great when you just want to battle someone but they’re taking a while to answer and then a question comes up that delays them even further. Instead, you should have the option to either ask everyone the question, or just the one player you clicked on when you pressed Chat.
They should also add the option to enable/disable receiving questions if you don’t want to chat at a certain time.
4. A new mini-game
I play a lot of head-to-head game battles in the multiplayer rooms, and I really do mean a lot. So sometimes, I wish there were more options for games to play. Poptropica has only twice added more games to the collection, when Soupwords first came out in 2008 and Pathwise in 2009.
Anyway, here are some games I’d like to play multiplayer on Poptropica:
- Chess: This game has lots of skill involved, though it tends to take longer to finish than the other games usually do. Still, we already have Sudoku, which also takes a while to finish a round.
- Switch: Switch is currently a single-player game only, but I can easily see this game becoming a multiplayer game. It could be a timed game where the winner is whoever scores the highest by racking up the best combos.
- Circle Tap: Imagine a whiteboard with a circle (or a dot). The goal is to click on the circle before the other player does. Once it’s clicked, it will move to a different position, and you’ll try to click on it again before the other player clicks on it, and on it goes. The first to click the circle 10 times wins!
5. More actions (emotes)
Multiplayer rooms already come with a few actions, which you can perform by pressing the emoticons on the right side. But multiplayer rooms could be even more social with some more emotes. Here are some ideas:
- waving a hand
- tap dance
- fold arms
- looking up
- hands on waist
- hands in the air
- sit down for two seconds
Alright, that’s all I have now, guys. Thanks for reading, and if you have any comments or suggestions of your own, please leave them down below!
Hope you enjoyed this guest post by TallMelonisCool!
The PHB welcomes guest posting from anyone in our community if you have something to share, whether it be sneak peeks, My Place in Poptropica stories, or any other ideas you might have. We also encourage sharing on the PHC (Poptropica Help Chat).
If you have an idea for a guest post, send it in to email@example.com!