Hey there, Poptropicans!
It’s Happy Lobster, and I’ve got some exciting new sneak peeks of Poptropica Worlds, which is coming out this spring (for the Northern Hemisphere, and autumn for the Southern Hemisphere).
If you click on the link directly above, there will be a video trailer for Poptropica Worlds, in which you’ll see a few Poptropicans (most recognisably Dr. Lange), but the art style is more detailed than the original Poptropica’s characters – which clearly is the style that will be used in the upcoming Pop Worlds.
From these previews, there are a couple of things to take note of:
- Five or more new islands not on the original Poptropica will be in Pop Worlds (since there are currently 46 islands in Poptropica, not counting individual episodes, and the bottom-leftmost picture states that there will be 50+ islands in Poptropica Worlds). However, we might not see all of these 50+ islands immediately, answered by Skinny Moon in a somewhat recent Q&A.
- More Store cards will be in the Poptropica Worlds Store. Since there have been less than 1000 Store cards over Poptropica’s history, still existent or not, in-game or app-exclusive, this much is quite likely (and there are costumes in some of the previews that have never been seen before). However, it seems marginally unlikely that there will be 1000+ Store items at once in the Store to collect, so possibly that picture with Dr. Hare’s statement includes more than just Store items, or there are more app-exclusive costumes in the App included with the 1000+.
That isn’t all, though. The two app sites list some features about Poptropica Worlds:
– Explore the virtual world of Poptropica and its 20 islands!
– You’re the Hero! Solve 1000+ mysteries!
– Customize your hero from head to toe with 1000+ themed outfits!
– Collect items from your favorite heroes!
– Multiplayer game where you can meet and chat with your friends! Join a community of more than 10M players.
– Create your own island!
– Free to play, with in-app purchases available for more customization!
So, most of these we already know, with the old Poptropica. But it’s that penultimate point which is interesting – that we can create our own island. Most likely it’s just our own unique home island (remember that poll about what house we wanted in Poptropica Worlds?). But who knows what might happen in the future – it could mean something else.
Also, to that top point – the last time Poptropica (the old version) had 20 islands was back in 2011 – so it’s probably a typo. But going back to what Skinny Moon hinted, not all islands may be there at once in Poptropica Worlds.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this tour through some new and revealing Poptropica Worlds articles! I’ll see you soon – stay tuned on the PHB for more upcoming Poptropica Worlds news!