(Hey Poptropicans! This is a guest post written by TallMelonisCool, a Poptropica player in the community. In this post he’ll be sharing his ideas for features that could be added to Friends. Enjoy! –🐠)
Hey guys! So we all know the Friends feature, released back in 2012, that changed Poptropica forever, allowing us to keep up with our Poptropica friends. But over the years, I’ve been thinking that there are some features the Creators should really add to make friending a lot more fun. Let’s get onto the Pop 5 list of potential features for friends that would be improvements!
1) Showing friend’s Realms stats
I’d like to see how my friends are doing in Realms. There could be a new box on the profile for Realms stats, and clicking it would show things like:
- what level your friend is at
- how much Poptanium they have
- when was the last time they visited Realms
- how many Realms they’ve made, as well as the ability to visit those Realms
- all the public Realms your friend has liked
2) Battle stats (wins & losses)
Another feature that would be cool to see: clicking on a friend’s battle ranking on their profile to show their wins and losses in the common room games. You’d be able to tell which games they liked more, which games they were stronger at or weaker at, and perhaps there could even be a setting for displaying your favorite game.
3) Dates in which they accomplished things
Date statistics would be interesting to see, and this could apply to various things, like:
- the date your friend first started playing Poptropica (maybe even with a footnote for status of new player, old player, or somewhere in between)
- the date they last played Poptropica (it’s good to know if an account has been inactive for a while)
- the date they completed an island (or perhaps when they got each photo in their album, like photo timestamps)
4) A “birth” video
This is a small feature, but I think it would be cool to see what your friend’s character looked like when they first started playing – even before their first island photo or costume saved in a closet.
What did they look like fresh out of the box they popped out of when their account was made? That I’d like to know, and I think we should have a “birth video” on each friend profile to show us just that. You know, for the memories.
5) Knowing who friended you
As Perfect Sky mentioned in a post of hers, Pop 5: Features We’d Love in New Poptropica, one more feature that would be awesome would be to see who has friended you.
This would be cool because I can also friend those who’ve friended me back. Plus, I’ve got some big game achievements (like completing Early Poptropica about 500 times, and Shark Tooth about 100), and I want to know who gets to see it!
Well, that’s my list! What features do you want to see added in Poptropica Friends? Do you disagree with anything I said in this list? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Hope you have a great poppin’ day, and goodbye!
Hope you enjoyed this guest post by TallMelonIsCool!
The PHB welcomes guest posting from anyone in our community if you have something to share, whether it be sneak peeks, My Place in Poptropica stories, or any other ideas you might have. We also encourage sharing on our subreddit and the PHC.
If you have an idea for a guest post, send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org!