France In Poptropica?

Hi Poptropicans!

Poptropica Help Blog hopes you are all having a wonderful 2009 so far. Meanwhile, it looks like the Poptropica Creators have been working on a French-themed island! Thanks, Nervous Lizard for keeping everyone informed. Could it be related to this other sneak peek on France from before, called ‘First Steps‘? Notice the Eiffel Tower and flag of France in the blog picture below:

Blog Post Title: Crepes Anyone?
Description: When waffles, pancakes, or eggs just don’t hit the spot, try a more foreign taste like crepes. I like mine with strawberries and whipped cream, yum!
Image URL: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q9BePaDQLzI/SWOErnDA12I/AAAAAAAAAB8/OVSLkD09UNE/s1600-h/crepes.jpg
Image Name: crepes.jpg

Sadly, we don’t know the official name of this island yet. It looks pretty cool though! 😀

35 thoughts on “France In Poptropica?

1. serious spider says:

Looks pretty cool. 🙂
    I wish we could climb up the Eiffel tower but it doesn’t look like it. It seems more like just a decoration in the background.

• DudeMcGuy says:

Actually “serious spider” I was browsing the poptropica creators blog when I came acroos a map plan of this island, and it just so happens that they had an area with the Eiffel Tower in it. So you might actually get to climb it. But not for now. Maybe after Mythology Island comes out, They may have some kind of “FrenchyMcfrenchfrench island… LOL… PEACE OUT, HAVE A GOOD DAY AND… CHICKEN…WINGS…

-DudeMcGuy

• Neat star says:

Some sort of cream filled crumpet like thing? I’ll have to look it up on Wikipedia…It says….”A crêpe (English pronunciation: /ˈkreɪp/, French: [kʁɛp]) is a type of very thin pancake, usually made from wheat flour. The word is of French origin, deriving from the Latin crispa, meaning “curled.” ” Is the French Island Counterfeit all morphed and a little more boring, or is this a bid, new island that is taking them a while to figure out whats going to be the problem and what their going to call it?

2. nervous lizard says:

I think you might be able to climb the eiffel tower but in this picture its in the distance. You might be able to enter another area and then climb it. mayme youll find someone (or something) at the top.

Scary Tomato: Maybe. I hope so, that would be pretty awesome. 😛

3. serious spider says:

Shaggy tornado, Crepes are a bit like very thin pancakes usually made of wheat flour. They’re originally from France…?

4. Tough Claw says:

Hmmm… maybe you eat the crepes? I don’t know lol. Theres a post on the creators blog and it shows a big guy on big nate island

5. Zany Storm says:

roryccool – I doubt it, you can’t really “buy” things anywhere else, why would you be able to in this France place?

6. Grumpy Wolf says:

Serious Spider, Smockers said he hoped that there would be a French-themed island, but he posted that even before the first sneak peek showed up on the PCB!

7. serious spider says:

…I don’t remember any post about him hoping there would be a French-themed island…I went through all his posts already… ❓

Scary Tomato: Maybe he said it on some other page or post. I don’t know which one, though. 😉

8. Calm Spinner says:

Cool! But why hasn’t it come out yet?! It’s been months! Or does someone at least know what the name is yet? Because that was posted in, like, JANUARY! It’s JUNE! Please help! I really like the idea of a french island, I mean who wouldn’t!

ST: We don’t even know the name of it yet. I guess the Poptropica Creators are busy with other islands to work on, like Reality TV.

9. Faith says:

I think Poptropica should release like two islands at a time so people don’t get bored. Then poptropica should make small islands that resemble countries so people can explore them.

Like a small island resembling england for example.

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w