Hey Poptropicans, it’s Slanted Fish. Let me just check the map real quick to see where we’re going today — huh? It looks like things have moved around! Take a look for yourself at Poptropica’s indecisive GPS:
(Thanks to Quick Fang for the tip and pictures.)
Categories have improved since the last map update in 2017, which had raised a lot of questions. The new categories, which generally make more sense than the previous ones, are as follows:
- The Adventures Begin (Home, Monkey Wrench)
- Adventures of Time (Time Tangled, 24 Carrot, Mythology)
- Adventures of Atlantis (all 3 episodes of Mission Atlantis each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
- Adventures of Destiny (Mystery of the Map, Escape From Pelican Rock, Shrink Ray)
- Adventures of Survival (all 5 episodes of Survival each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
- Adventures of the Mighty (Poptropolis Games, Virus Hunter, Monster Carnival)
- Adventures of Heroes (all 3 episodes of PoptropiCon each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
- Adventures of the Strange (Galactic Hot Dogs, Timmy Failure, Mocktropica)
- Adventures of Nights (all 3 episodes of Arabian Nights each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
- Old School Islands (spanning 8 map pages, containing the rest of the islands, which are non-SUIs: not Sound Updated Islands)
Considering the categorization of “Old School Islands” (which simply means they’re older) and how they’re relegated to the end of the map pages, it looks like those islands, because they lack the newer technology that gives other islands their bigger screens and other features, may not be as much of a priority for Poptropica.
It’s not clear whether they’re working on bringing those islands into the newer tech, so that they can be accessed after the end of Flash, so if you like those islands — play them while you can. As for the other, larger-screen islands, it looks like they’ll be around for the future.
In other news, there’s a new ad around for The LEGO Movie 2, which is already in theaters. The game is simple: click to dodge obstacles in your path as you (playing as either Emmet or Lucy) drive an automobile while being chased by a Duplo alien.
At the end, you’ll win a Planty Follower (which bounces!) and an Angry Unikitty Follower.
There is also an ad for Frosted Flakes, but upon trying to hit the slopes, I only get sent back to the main area and can’t play the game. If it works later on, though, this post will be updated.
Check back later for more Poptropica news — we’ve got a post coming about the spring store updates!
Keep on ‘tropping, Poptropicans.