Map of mighty changes

Hey Poptropicans, it’s Slanted Fish. Let me just check the map real quick to see where we’re going today — huh? It looks like things have moved around! Take a look for yourself at Poptropica’s indecisive GPS:

(Thanks to Quick Fang for the tip and pictures.)

Categories have improved since the last map update in 2017, which had raised a lot of questions. The new categories, which generally make more sense than the previous ones, are as follows:

1. The Adventures Begin (Home, Monkey Wrench)
  2. Adventures of Time (Time Tangled, 24 Carrot, Mythology)
  3. Adventures of Atlantis (all 3 episodes of Mission Atlantis each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
  4. Adventures of Destiny (Mystery of the Map, Escape From Pelican Rock, Shrink Ray)
  5. Adventures of Survival (all 5 episodes of Survival each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
  6. Adventures of the Mighty (Poptropolis Games, Virus Hunter, Monster Carnival)
  7. Adventures of Heroes (all 3 episodes of PoptropiCon each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
  8. Adventures of the Strange (Galactic Hot Dogs, Timmy Failure, Mocktropica)
  9. Adventures of Nights (all 3 episodes of Arabian Nights each with their own “island,” with some new icons)
  10. Old School Islands (spanning 8 map pages, containing the rest of the islands, which are non-SUIs: not Sound Updated Islands)

Considering the categorization of “Old School Islands” (which simply means they’re older) and how they’re relegated to the end of the map pages, it looks like those islands, because they lack the newer technology that gives other islands their bigger screens and other features, may not be as much of a priority for Poptropica.

It’s not clear whether they’re working on bringing those islands into the newer tech, so that they can be accessed after the end of Flash, so if you like those islands — play them while you can. As for the other, larger-screen islands, it looks like they’ll be around for the future.

In other news, there’s a new ad around for The LEGO Movie 2, which is already in theaters. The game is simple: click to dodge obstacles in your path as you (playing as either Emmet or Lucy) drive an automobile while being chased by a Duplo alien.

At the end, you’ll win a Planty Follower (which bounces!) and an Angry Unikitty Follower.

There is also an ad for Frosted Flakes, but upon trying to hit the slopes, I only get sent back to the main area and can’t play the game. If it works later on, though, this post will be updated.

Check back later for more Poptropica news — we’ve got a post coming about the spring store updates!

Keep on ‘tropping, Poptropicans.

20 thoughts on “Map of mighty changes

1. GreedyShadow says:

To add to the news, there’re also three new items in the store:

Chick follower

Egg launcher

And a wand that gives everybody (except the player) a pink bunny costume

2. Super Scorpion says:

Just a quick question: Does anyone not have the old islands? I can’t find them on my map, and I only have the pages up to Adventures of Nights? Or is that because I don’t have membership?
    Thanks

3. Icey Ice says:

I don’t like the category of “Old School Islands” because it is a huge category that I feel makes the other islands not as special or interesting. An island is an island, music or not. Having more categories that include the older islands would also organize it in a much better way, and you’d know more about what islands you’re looking at, not just some “Old School Islands.”

4. Shiny B1rd says:

I’m a bit late, but we needed this. Now only old school Poptropicans will remember Early Poptropica was labeled as a “Challenging” island 😏 (Which made absolutely no sense). However, I would argue that the map is now 17 pages long, which makes it a bit hard to navigate if you’re looking for a specific island (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had this problem). I think they should add a feature where you can open a menu with a list that has the names of all the islands set alphabetical order or something like that (similar to the dropdown menu when you check your inventory in non-sui islands) and you could just go from there.

• GreedyShadow says:

Honestly though, why not put it how it was before and order them based off of their debut. It was simple, it made sence, and was fine the way it was. I don’t understand why it was changed to begin with.

5. Super Scorpion says:

Can anyone tell me if the store is meant to have barely anything in there? There used to be so many items and costumes, and now there’s like 10. I’m not sure if this is a glitch because:
    1. It’s been ages since I’ve played Poptropica.
    2. I’ve already got a glitch where I don’t have the old school islands.

Thanks for your help.

• GreedyShadow says:

Yyeahh.. they trimmed down the store to only have like a couple of items (and don’t ask why the majority of them are casual outfits).

Which reminds me, they should change the bag menue to how it basically was before honestly. Not saying the modern one is bad or anything, but when it comes to store items, it takes a HECK a lot of time to scroll through to find the gold card you want, especially when you got a lot of stuff, like me.

At the very least have a orginization option or better yet, seperate them into pages. (Also have them be accessable through non-SUIs as well)