Hey Poptropicans, it’s Slanted Fish splashing on!
Everyone’s excited about last week’s release of Poptropica Worlds, and if you haven’t already completed Crisis Caverns Island, fear not – we’ve got a written walkthrough right here, under our Island Help tab. It even comes with pictures and gifs!
Despite all this buzz over Worlds, it looks like the Original Poptropica (which you can access from the top-right button on the Poptropica homepage) hasn’t been completely forgotten about just yet.
If you hop on your blimp, you may notice that the map has been updated to categorize islands by pages! The categories are: Starter, Easy, Adventure (a page each) and Challenging (which takes up six pages). Check it out:
Notice anything funny? The PHB team has a few questions about this new arrangement:
- Why isn’t Early Poptropica Island in the “Easy” category? (It’s on the fourth “Challenging” page; page 7 overall.) As the first ever Poptropica island, it’s also notoriously and unequivocally one of the easiest to complete, so this placement just seems odd.
- Why do Timmy Failure, Escape From Pelican Rock, and Shrink Ray show up twice on the map in the same “Challenging” category?
- Where is Wimpy Wonderland Island?
- Why is Realms considered a Challenging Island? Shouldn’t it be its own category, much like the “Watch cool videos here!” button on page 1 of the map that brings you to the Home Island theater?
- Why not some more categories, instead of six pages of Challenging Islands? How about a list for Sponsored Islands (such as the Wimpy Kid islands)? Members-only Islands (although that is most of the sponsored ones…)? Spooky Islands (like Vampire’s Curse, Ghost Story, etc)? What about organizing islands by geographic world locations? So many possibilities!
The last time the map was given a major update was a little over a year ago, when the Poptropica menus were becoming more button-based. Now, this new categorization system was a cool idea, but some things sure seem a little out of place…
Speaking of strange, the Wheel of Loot on the Original Poptropica’s Home Island has now been moved inside to the theater!
There doesn’t seem to be a clear reason for this, but my own guess is that, since there’s already a Wheel of Loot on Poptropica Worlds, they’re making it a step harder here so you’ll spin it there instead. Or maybe they want us to watch more videos. Who knows.
Onto some brighter news! Last week, the PHB (along with several other prolific Poptropica community content creators) were made official VIPs by Poptropica, which stands for Very Important Poptropican.
We’re honored to receive this official recognition after all these years of blogging! Thank you, Poptropica Creators, and all you lovely readers for supporting the blog! ❤️
As VIPs, we were awarded some spiffy graphics to display, which includes the sweet new VIP badge you’ll find on our blog header and sidebar. That’s pretty cool and all, but if we can dream even more, then we hope that perhaps Poptropica can one day officially link to all the VIP/official fansites on the Poptropica site itself (or at least the Creators’ Blog)!
Anyway, that’s all for this post! Let us know what you think in the comments below about the new map, moving the Wheel of Loot, and VIP officialization!
Stay popping, Poptropicans!