Lucky Joker here with the results of Poptropica’s 10th Birthday Membership Contest, as well as a “Pop 5” of fashion tips from Poptropica! First, let’s hear from the winners…
On September 15th, Poptropica announced their membership contest, in celebration of Poptropica’s 10th birthday. The contest called for a submission of an original island idea including a birthday cake, a parrotfish, and the color green in the story.
The winners receive a free 1-month Poptropica membership (which works for Poptropica Original and Worlds). The ten lucky winners are listed below, where you can also read their winning submissions! Click to view the images in full size.
Gentle Singer (Alh1106)
Hyper Gamer (17312043 – a VIP blogger at Poptropica Fun Zone!)
Young Cloud (Brikris)
Maroon Jumper (LillySparkle$ – a VIP blogger at Pop Blog!)
Thirsty Seal (Peanutty333)
Friendly Grape (SimplyArtByAlly – a Poptropica VIP!)
Wild Bubbles (TheUnicorn09)
Striped Dolphin (warblaster414)
Jumpy Coyote (westpb) (aka Yujo – a guardian on the PHC!)
So creative, right? Congratulations to all of the winners, and good job to everyone who participated!
Moving along… Poptropica posted a new video on their YouTube channel yesterday! Stephanie, the newly introduced Creator, shares her fashion tips on how to make your Poptropican look its very best. Check it out!
In the video, Stephanie goofily dresses up in costume (in real life) to present her ideas. Here are the tips she gave in the video, summarized below:
Patterns are your friends: Patterns can amp up any style. Mixing in patterns can help give your avatar personality. Stripes, polka dots, checkers, flannels, floral – you name it! Pairing similar patterns in different colors, sizes, and tights is a great way to go.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize: Accessories can help define your look and bring it together. They can be useful, like a hat and scarf, or ornamental, like a pair of earrings. There are tons of things you can choose from in the Poptropica Worlds shop, so don’t be shy, and accessorize!
- Layers upon layers: Layers in real life can keep you warm, which makes layers a flexible fashion tip. Layers aren’t just useful in the cold, however — they also look cool! A sweater, a button-down, or a flannel could really change your style.
- Colors: Bold or Matchy-Matchy?: Colors have been shown to create different feelings. For instance, blue tends to calm you, and yellow makes you hungry. Additionally, colors can also convey your mood. So, wear what you’re feeling!
- Alter ego: Who inspires you? Maybe a celebrity? An athlete? A superhero? Whoever it might be, try recreating their style with a twist that represents you. Whatever your alter ego is, let it shine through. There’s nothing from stopping you be whoever you want to be!
- Bonus Tip: Look for sales! With a Poptropica membership (which, again, works for both games), you can get all items for 25% off, as well as exclusive member-only costumes. (Not sure when the percentage changed, but it looks like the Creators heard our comment about the upping the membership advantage for the shop!)
What do you think about the video? What contests would you like to see from Poptropica in the future? Let us know down in the comments! This is Lucky Joker signing off; we’ll talk soon…