It’s Lucky Joker here bringing you some poptastic news regarding the #MyPoptropicaCostume contest!
Yes, it’s the announcement we’ve been waiting for – Just a little while ago, the two grand prize winners, along with 20 runner-ups (which I’ll talk about later), have been announced on the Creators’ Blog! There were over 750 costume entries submitted, but in the end it was Creepy Peanut’s “Ocean Princess” and Speedy Toes’ “Hip Hop Boy” costumes that took the grand prize!
As promised, each of their costumes will be created by Poptropica, sold in the store for a limited time and worn by an NPC on Home Island. Additionally, they will each receive a free 6-month membership. Now onto the voting information!
Again, 20 runner-ups have been chosen by Poptropica, and now the ones that become real costumes are up to us! Vote for 10 of your favorite costumes and make sure to do so before February 7, midnight ET over on the Creators’ Blog.
Each of the ten runner-ups will win a free 3-month membership and also have their costume sold in the Poptropica Store for a limited time later this year!
(Hey, that’s what they said about New Poptropica too…)
As seen in the collage above, the runner-ups are, in order from left to right, top row to bottom row:
- “Witch and Wizard” by Young Heart
- “Cyborg” by White Coyote
- “Watermelon Threads” by Shiny Penguin
- “Winter Explorer” by Maroon Ring
- “Elven Chic” by Little Ghost
- “The Hipster” by Slanted Fish (the PHB’s very own founder!) *
- “Elemental Beasts” by Red Paw
- “Jazz Musician” by Perfect Sky (a PHB staffer!)
- “Diwali Inspired” by Lucky Joker (another PHB staffer – yours truly!)
- “The Dreamer” by Friendly Kid
- “Starlight Dress” by Mystery Poptropican
- “Mad Scientist” by Invisible Biker (one of two!)
- “Skater Pro” by Golden Berry
- “Gamer Chic” by Fearless Dragon
- “Cyber Angel” by Bashful Sword
- “Fire Flier” by Invisible Wing
- “Sports Vendor” by Fast Lizard
- “Rainbow Unicorn” by Cool Sword
- “Psychedelic Steampunk” by Bronze Fire
- “Celestial Mage” by Invisible Biker (congrats on placing twice!)
*Side note and update: “The Hipster” replaced an earlier runner-up, “Technology Girl” by Tall Hero, after it was pointed out to Poptropica that it was not an original drawn/invented costume. They decided to disqualify and replace it.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go on the Creators’ Blog and vote today!
Thanks for reading, I’ll talk to you soon. Pop on!