Night-Watching the Games Sink

Shaggy Tornado with BREAKING NEWS!

After all the rumors and speculation, it looks like it’s confirmed. Here’s the news we just received:

————————

JANUARY 18, 2013 – Mews Foundation seismologists have confirmed the unthinkable: Poptropolis Games is on the verge of sinking back into the ocean. As the Island’s shaking intensifies, it seems clear that it will slip entirely beneath the surface of the Poptropica Sea by January 24. “We’re doing our best to accommodate as many athletes as possible before we sink,” said the Games’ master of ceremonies. “Be we recommend anyone who wants to compete does so as soon as possible. Who knows if the Games will ever rise again?”

————————

Sounds like Poptropolis Games could be gone in as soon as a week! You may want to take this opportunity to visit Poptropica and play it.

Yikes! Just like the fate of Monster Carnival, Poptropica is taking an Island off the map! When you look a the map, it seems to be sinking and when you put your cursor over it, the outline goes into the water:

Sinking Jan 24!

And then when you land:

Water!

Uh oh! There’s water on the island! So let’s follow the Creators’ suggestion! Go play Poptropolis Games NOW before it sinks forever by January 24! Take our handy walkthrough with you! NOW GO!

***

Actually, don’t. I still have some story to tell.

So you know how the Creators released the trailer for Night Watch Island? Well, they also released the Night Watch Members’ Pack!

So we have the Cat Burglar Costume, a Whoopzie Cusion (parody of Whoopie Cushion), and the Burnt Orange Tan Power. And as usual, the costume is only available during Early Access! Which hasn’t been announced yet. But it will soon! Speaking of Night Watch, the PHB discussion page for it can be found here, and this is the description:

After the stores have closed and the shoppers have all gone home, the mall is your playground. But are you alone on the night watch… or is someone watching you? From escaped animals to creeping cat burglars, get ready to find out what really happens after hours!

Interesting. Hopefully, we’ll get a release date soon! But I think none will top Zomberry Island in my opinion. 😛 Check out the Island Help page for the Night Watch trailer, discussion, desktop wallpaper, printable poster, and tour for more info.

***

That’s actually it this week. 😀 So go finish Poptropolis within a week and check out the Night Watch resources! I wonder what happens if you save on Poptropolis and it sinks. 😛 Hmm…

Have a great weekend! 🙂 Cheers!

~Shaggy

90 thoughts on “Night-Watching the Games Sink

• Slippery Dolphin says:

I mean (sorry), how could they take a perfectly good island and just take it off of the map (second to comment, although it doesn’t matter and isn’t nearly as great as being first), I mean, how could they spend so much hard work on an island and just take it off the map (it was my FAVORITE island actually, why couldn’t it have been Big Nate island or something?)? 😦 That’s just sad, plain sad. 😦 I really wish it wouldn’t disappear. 😦 I will miss it a lot, but oh well, it’s for the best. 😦 I guess I just have to make the sacrifice of Poptropolis island and maybe who knows? It its place could be Monster Carnival island. Now I have made a goal to play it 100 times before it disappears off of the map. 🙂 Actually, when Poptropolis Games disappears (if it does) off of the map, I will have a funeral for it (this might sound kind of dorky or lame but it is in honor of one of my favorite islands) and will host a funeral for it every year on January 24th, in honor of the first game (and hopefully only one) taken off the map (besides Monster Carnival island of course). 🙂 We should do that on the 24th of January every year here, too! 🙂

1. Slippery Dolphin says:

Oops, I mean the third, when I was typing it I was the second person. Anyway, to Sticky Clown,Poptropical Explorer (Still the Zombie Leader Clown), I know right? How awful! 😦

2. Fuzzy-B says:

I figured something like this would happen. The Members Only Cards say “Poptropolis 2012” which means that it could rise again next year for Poptropolis 2013!

3. ★Brave Tomato★ says:

What…the…heck? This is ACTUALLY happening?! Yikes… Although I wasn’t too crazy about Poptropolis Games, Im just shocked the Creators would just remove an island just like that!

4. Shy Onion says:

I’m LOVING the Whoopzie cushion!!! I put them ALL over the floor in common rooms and keep walking left and right lol. My opinion is that the island will appear whenever you put your cursor over that area, or it will reappear sometime again this year.

5. ayman351 says:

remember when i posted that email here it is Hello,

Something big is coming for Poptropolis, but it’s not out yet. Hang tight — keep an eye out for updates!

Best regards,
    Cara C.
    Family Education Network

6. SmartThe"2013 is here"Car says:

Ok Here’s the scoop:

**********************************************************
    Mews corp said that the Poptropolis games had an earthquake in December 21st which was the End of the world(The world did not end) and by December 27th Mews corp found out that the island will sink back in sea. Today, when to take your blimp to the Poptropolis games you will notice there will be water on the ground and in about T-minus 6 day’s the island will be gone so don’t be upset.
    **********************************************************
    This will be a bad day for us. Are you upset about Poptropolis games? I’m upset too.

7. Slippery Dolphin says:

When I said Big Nate island, I meant an island that was short, you know, like Early Poptropica island, The Great Pumpkin island, S.O.s island, you know, islands that are kind of, well, short. 🙂 I didn’t mean like necessarily Big Nate island. 😉

8. SmartTheCar or Cool Bite says:

This is farewell news:

**************************************************************************
    And for the final day is HURRY NOW!!!! Play Poptropolis
    Games. It’ll sink in T-minus 1 day! HURRY! Poptropolis
    Games will be torn of the map and is going down.

**************************************************************************

You’d better hustle!!!

9. legiantking says:

i dont care about this because it was 6 years ago! yay! right now poptropolis games are BACK and i just beat it.