*Not to be confused with the original Reality TV Island.
Have you ever wanted to be the star of a reality TV show? Well, now’s your chance! Go on an adventure with your fellow contestants pitting your skills against each other to win the show’s grand prize and become a hero to your hometown.
For walkthroughs on Reality TV: Wild Safari Island, scroll down.
Island Extra: PHB Island Review
For a written walkthrough of Reality TV: Wild Safari Island, scroll down.
Walkthrough by Slanted Fish
Special thanks to: Gentle Dolphin, Lucky Joker, & Osmium
Welcome to Reality TV: Wild Safari Island! Reality TV first aired on Poptropica in 2010, and now it’s back for a spinoff series in a wild safari. Get ready to throw spears, dive with jellyfish, and run from cheetahs!
When you first land from your fancy helicopter (no blimps here!), you’ll meet the show host, Jim Probably, who’s got a snake squeezing his torso. Anyway, tell him you’re ready to meet the challengers to begin.
You’ll get to pick three opponents from a selection of interesting candidates, from classic Poptropica villains to characters parodying various celebs.
Some of the challengers you can pick from are: Amara Enorme, Aphrodite, Baby Googoo, Blinked, Bob Floss, Bopbop, Brindi Bundee, Deli, Dr. Hare, Grim Reaper, Hades, Jack Neuron, Jay Isaacs, Kicker Halfpipe, Kitten Whispers, Mandy Screams, Omegon, Ringmaster Raven, Scherazade, Shendiva, Shett, Tesla Topsy, Torta Piccola, Won’t Jones, Zack Styles, and Zeus.
Once you’ve made your three selections, it’s time to begin! You can select the level of difficulty for your challenges based on the answer you give about your readyness:
- “I’m a beginner” is easy mode.
- “Ready to rock and roll” is medium mode.
- “Watch me dominate” is hard mode.
You’ll be given three challenges in a random order. We recommend practicing before going to begin a challenge. Here’s how you can perform your best in each mini-game:
Time your throw with the wind and hit the target! Tip: Aim and watch the gauges to get bullseyes.
Watch the wind using the gauge in the upper left corner and click to throw when the moving bar is at the middle of the blue bar to the right. You’ll get five throws in each round, and there are three rounds total.
Dive as deep as you can by grabbing air bubbles and dodging jellyfish. Tip: Click fast and low to swim down quickly.
Click in the direction you want to go. The deeper you can go, the more points you will get! When you run out of air, the challenge ends.
Jump over animals and obstacles. Run fast like the cheetah! Tip: Keep clicking to jump further.
The meter at the top shows you your distance to the finish line. Jump only when you see an obstacle coming up in your path, not all the time, so that you still have some jump left in you when you actually need it.
At the end of each challenge, scores will be shown and you can win some credits for getting first, second, or third place.
After the third and final challenge, the show host, Jim Probably, will bring out the monkeys to celebrate as he announces the final rankings.
Whether or not you really came out on top during the challenges, you’ll still end up winning first place, the Island Medallion, and an amount of credits (between 5–60) depending on the difficulty level you chose in the beginning and how well you did in the games. Congratulations!
(Tip: If you ever want to play the challenges again, just talk to Jim Probably.)
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! ⭐️
- Reality TV: Wild Safari is Poptropica’s 51st island. It was released on July 22, 2019 on CoolMathGames.com.
- Reality TV: Wild Safari was re-released for Steam on May 25, 2022.
- Reality TV Island is based on the reality game show Survivor.
- This island is a sequel to the original Reality TV Island, released in 2010.
- In the base camp common room, you’ll find a board game named “Popmanji” buried among the dirt. That’s a reference to Jumanji, a movie series about players getting trapped in a game world.
- Various Adinkra symbols from West Africa adorn the large tree on the first scene of the island. These include the adinkrahene, “chief of the Adinkra symbols,” and the dwennimmen, “ram’s horns.”
- On the very right edge of the first scene, if you click on the zebra, he’ll run away and come back.
- You can also shock the camera-woman next to the base camp by clicking on her. Unlike the zebra, she doesn’t return.
- Some of the characters are parodies of famous people in real life. Examples include Shett and Blinked, based on YouTube comedians Rhett & Link; Torta Piccola, based on YouTube baker Rosanna Pansino; Bob Floss, based on painter Bob Ross; Baby Googoo, based on singer Lady Gaga; Shendiva, based on actress Zendaya; Bopbop, based on dancer Jojo Siwa; Amara Enorme, based on singer Ariana Grande; Brindi Bundee, based on animal conservationist Bindi Irwin; Kitten Whispers, based on cat behaviorist Jackson Galaxy; Mandy Screams, based on YouTube personality Miranda Sings; Tesla Topsy, based on actress Tessa Thompson; and Kicker Halfpipe, based on snowboarder Chloe Kim.
- Other opponents you may meet are characters from other islands. Examples include Dr. Hare from 24 Carrot; Omegon from PoptropiCon; Ringmaster Raven from Monster Carnival; Zeus, Hades, and Aphrodite from Mythology, and Scherazade from Arabian Nights.
- Go down to the beach in the first scene and you’ll find a newspaper page in the sand with the headline “Washed Up” and a picture of Bucky Lucas, who won the Reality TV Island show many years before you came on the scene in the original Reality TV Island. Also, the newspaper is The Daily Paper, which is run from a headquarters on Super Power Island.
- If you go to the top right branch of the tree and use silly strings while running off it, you’ll get to see a monkey holding up a can of beans, parodying the iconic Simba-lifting scene from The Lion King.
- In the bottom right corner of the common room, an angry Gollum-like character will appear and disappear.
- The bottom left of the common room houses a woolly mammoth (an extinct animal) cased in ice.