Are you ready to unlock some super secrets and become a glitcher?
Glitching, the term used for using glitches to one’s advantage, has a big part in the Poptropica community, and its users are known as glitchers. On this page, we link to several resources for Poptropica glitching. Up your game!
Our Avatar Studio Gift is a present to the Poptropica community, containing a compendium of usernames that will allow access to rare (typically uncustomizable) costumes on Poptropica by way of the Avatar Studio Glitch, commonly known as ASG.
This tool allows you to “complete” islands with the click of a button, awarding you the island medallion and credits. For the “Island” field, choose and enter codes from this medallion ID list. For more details, visit this link. Developed by Dangerous Icicle.
This tool allows you to add item cards to your inventory with the click of a button. For the “Card” field, enter an ID number from this item ID list (or this one) for the item you want. Developed by Dangerous Icicle.
This Google Doc compiled by various glitchers gives the IDs for various clothing parts that Poptropicans can wear. It is best used with MAP.
This Google Doc compiled by various glitchers gives the IDs and other useful info for various items you can add to your account. Best used with MAP.
Modify A Poptropican (or MAP for short) is a browser tool developed by Red Lizard, no download required. Simply enter your login information (don’t worry, it’s safe), pick the parts you want to change on your character, and click submit. Voila! This program also includes a hair and skin tone Colorizer accessible via the top menu.
Just by filling out a quick form on this site by KeithSammut, you can automatically have your very own custom named account on Poptropica!
Please read and understand the following before sending a request:
- Custom names can only be applied to new accounts (as in, not existing accounts), so you will need to specify the username, password, and gender you want for the account you want.
- Names that are not a standard Poptropica name (see list here) will appear in-game (in common rooms and the friends list) as Poptropican Lizard, but will retain their custom appearance on the Avatar Studio. You may request up to four parts to the name (three spaces maximum) or else there will be an error. We recommend one or two parts. Be creative!
- Note that inappropriate names will be blocked by the filter.
Have fun with your new custom name!
Easter Eggs are secret surprises often found in many games, including Poptropica. Listed below are just a few of the many secrets of Poptropica.
The cell phone can be found at Mountains of the Moon, Nabooti Island, inside the cave lying on the bottom left corner of the scene. Enter certain number codes into the phone to get a cool new costume. Note that this can get rid of something you’re wearing.
- 1225: Santa Hat and Sack
- 911: Police Outfit
- 411: Brain Helmet
- 1337: Nerdy Outfit (Comic Kid/Ned Noodlehead)
There’s a free “Skull Mask” wearable item hidden in a cave in Legendary Swords. To get it, enter the cave from the beginning and pass by the first cave area. In the second cave area, near the place where you find your first Legendary Sword (Rusty Relic), go left and jump up until you reach a brown space filled with strange fossils. Keep going left until you see the Skull Mask, then click to receive it!
- On Time Tangled Island, use your time device and click on 831 AD, the Viking time period.
- Walk over to the cave area but don’t go inside.
- Put on your glider from Leonardo’s workshop.
- Jump on the right side of the cave to get the bonus Viking Suit. Glide from the Viking mountain until you land on the ledge with the suit tucked away in the upper righthand corner of the Viking time period.
Here’s how even non-members can get an otherwise members-only costume! The prize is hidden at the Poptropica Towers on Early Poptropica Island. Go left until you stop at a green tower, jump up four stories high, and find the window pane in the middle with the orange flower pot. Click on the top-left corner of that window, and you will receive the “Hypnotic” costume!
There are links to Poptropica SWF (Shockwave Flash) files, eg. http://static.poptropica.com/items/item13.swf, where you can see various Poptropica item cards. Replace “13” in the URL mentioned with different numbers for more item cards! Items in the 1000s = island medallions, 2000s = advertisement items, 3000s = Poptropica Store items.
Find more backdoor Poptropica files on the Behind the Scenes page!
If you know of any other working cheats, glitches, and codes that you’d like to share, comment below! Plus, check out all the comments below for more tips.