The party has wrapped up. Stay tuned for the recap!
It’s LGBTQ+ Pride Month, and pride parades are happening everywhere around the globe. And like before, we’re bringing one to Poptropica! With affirmation of equality for our LGBTQ+ friends and fun times for all, we invite you to the PHB’s 2021 Pride Palooza:
- ❤️ WHO: Everyone’s invited — you don’t have to identify as LGBTQ+. Some PHB staff will be in attendance too!
- 🧡 WHAT: Hanging out on Poptropica and our Discord chat server, the PHC. Though there’s a focus on LGBTQ+ pride, the conversation can be about anything. Also, we encourage you to dress up your character in rainbow colors and fun gear just like at a real life pride parade!
- 💛 WHEN: Friday, June 18 @ 8 pm Eastern / 7 pm Central / 6 pm Mountain / 5 pm Pacific. If you’re in another time zone, use this converter to see what time it’ll be where you live. It may be Saturday morning, June 19, in some parts of the world. PHB parties usually go on for a couple hours, so come and go however you’re able! 😄
- 💚 WHERE: Meet us at the Blast-Off Arcade formerly on Home Island! 🚀 You can access it by going to the menu and clicking “Arcade.” We’ll also be on the PHC, a safe chat space where PHB staff and other Poptropicans regularly hang out (for ages 13+). If you’re under 13, you can keep the party going in the comments of this post.
- 💙 WHY: To celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and have fun!
For those who are unfamiliar, LGBTQ+ is an acronym that stands for individuals who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer (an umbrella term) or questioning. Sadly, LGBTQ+ people are not always respected for who they are in terms of who they choose to love or what gender they present as. But not here in the Poptropica community!
As a fandom with its share of LGBTQ+ people and allies, the Poptropica community is generally a safe space for LGBTQ+ expression. With this Pride Palooza, the PHB encourages unity, particularly with those who are different, and the freedom to be your true lovable self.
We hope to see you there. Be loud and be proud!
– the Pridetropica Help Bloggers –