Shop Update: Brand-New Winter Fashions

What’s up, Poptropicans? It’s about time! We didn’t get a shop update last month, so after two months of waiting, did Poptropica deliver? Well, kind of…

This month’s stock isn’t very non-member-friendly — in fact, 17 of the 28 cards are exclusive to members, which is a large majority. The current stock includes:

Gold Cards

• Male Rock Star 2 (members only)
  • Female Rock Star 2 (members only)
  • Male Wrestling Gear – Poptropolis 2013 (members only)
  • Female Wrestling Gear – Poptropolis 2013 (members only)
  • Gamer Dude
  • Gamer Girl
  • Multiverse
  • Biome Hats – Poptropica Realms (members only)
  • Mini Dr. Hare Follower (members only)
  • Dr. Hare (members only)
  • Fairy Queen (members only)
  • Realms Builder – Poptropica Realms (members only)
  • X-Ray Visor – Virus Hunter Island (members only)
  • Shrink Ray (members only)
  • Snow Fall
  • Winter Blast PopGum

Costumes

• Winter Boy 1 (members only)
  • Winter Boy 2
  • Winter Boy 3
  • Winter Boy 4 (members only)
  • Winter Boy 5
  • Winter Boy 6 (members only)
  • Winter Girl 1
  • Winter Girl 2 (members only)
  • Winter Girl 3 (members only)
  • Winter Girl 4
  • Winter Girl 5 (members only)
  • Winter Girl 6

Despite the fact that most items are members only, I do appreciate the brand new winter outfits and the integration of the gender-specific costumes for all genders (i.e. all of the above winter outfits are available regardless of your character’s gender). Just like Worlds, it offers more customization options for certain handheld items and accessories.

That’s it for now! Thanks for reading, and I’ll talk to you all very soon… pop on!

– Lucky Joker 🍀

22 thoughts on “Shop Update: Brand-New Winter Fashions

1. GreedyShadow says:

Does anybody find it really weird that the devs would sometimes make membership stuff for everyone, and make NON-membership stuff be for members, AND EVEN MAKE MEMBERSHIP STUFF THAT WAS MADE FOR EVERYONE FOR ONLY MEMBERS AGAIN.

Whats worse is that they didn’t even say they’re for for everyone for a limited time, they just slapped in the members only tag cuz they’re trying to make more money off of a game that isn’t even that popular to begin with… as it was before.

Can sombody figure out how large is the dev team of Poptropica now compared to its earlier years?

• GreedyShadow says:

So Poptropica just only has one team that generally works on all sides?

After all this, is Poptropica becoming broke?

• Kashews says:

I am really confused on the creators’ plan. Less than a year until flash becomes extinct, and yet they are still updating pop original. Now the pop team has less people? Hardly ever updating the blog in favour of Instagram and Twitter? What are they trying to do?

• GreedyShadow says:

So, the last question for all this: Is Poptropica broke/ losing money/ have little money (somehow), so therefore that’s why cut the dev team for less employers. And this might be kind of stretched (or not, depending on your view), but possibly also why for all this extra member stuff too.
        In conclusion (theoretically) why there are very few and infequent updates, why they only brought back returning gold cards from the store, and why they are bringing up these winter outfit costume that are for members only.

Of course, this is just a theory.. 😒

• tallmeloniscool says:

They sure do. Someone should like make a video or blog post on this matter. Maybe you should Greedy Shadow, you like commment on almost all the posts on the Poptropica Help Blog.

• GreedyShadow says:

Im alright at doing essays or what not, but I’ve never spoken to the general* public before. I mean, I know I don’t have a reason to not be confedent, but I’m just not feeling it if you know what I mean. :/

2. Shiny B1rd says:

I’m not much of this store update; Next time the creators should make sure to balance the ratio of items available for members and non members, cause this is just awkward…

Also, I’m starting to notice that the creators are kind of running out of new cards to put in the store for these monthly store updates. I mean, I’m fine with getting back some old ones that were already in the store in these past couple of months, but they should try to keep it fresh by making a couple new cards for every so often (just like they did with this month!). One other thing, they REALLY should make it so that the hair color of the costumes can be colorized, (idk, I find it annoying when the hair color doesn’t quite match with my skin tone and I can’t change it)

P.S. sorry if I haven’t been on for weeks! School had me occupied with finals 😫 (which was just… bleh)

• Kashews says:

I know what you mean. This is my first set of exams so I am especially stressed out. I was hoping to enter the community creator contest but didn’t have any time.

• Shiny B1rd says:

Magic?! :O Wow! Let me try!

*ahem…*

💥⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️💥
        🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
        🌟 🌟
        🌟✨🔥 User: WinterStyleIceASG 🔥✨🌟
        🌟 🌟
        🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

idek if that’s going to look right when I post this but I got too much time on my hands right now 😂

• Shiny B1rd says:

Yaaaaay; took a while but I finally figured out how to get my hands on it!:

User: WinterBoy4ASG

I’m gonna post it over at the asg page too 😉

• I’m-Jacob1 says:

Now all that’s left to go is get the winter style – Ice. All I need to get the outfit is to find a poptropican wearing it! It’s that’s simple for me to work my magic!

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )