Discuss: What Islands do you want to explore on Poptropica?

island ideas

original artwork by @SimplyArtbyAlly

Hey Poptropicans!

With the recent arrival of 2018 (and a goodbye to 2017), we’re looking forward to what Poptropica has in store for us antsy adventurers this new year. So we’re asking the question to all of you: What Islands do you want to explore on Poptropica?

Now, unlike the Create Your Own Dream Island contest Poptropica held back in 2013 that brought us Arabian Nights Island, we can’t promise anything to happen from your ideas. Instead, we just want to offer this as a space to discuss your island ideas, hear from others, and leave thoughts and feedback for each other!

Personally, I would love to see more islands inspired by aspects of globalization we haven’t seen before, or much of, in the game. This includes more diversity in representation of geographical regions (I’m especially partial to Asia, being from this corner of the world), cultural traditions (such as Native American culture), and even religious mythology (an island on Greek mythology is one of Poptropica’s most popular, but why don’t we also explore our contemporary stories valued by large populations of the globe, like those of Hinduism, Buddhism, or the Abrahamic faiths?).

The world is a rich place, full of stories, and we might not be able to get them all. But if Poptropica is a starting place for many young people, wouldn’t it be amazing if they got to experience a taste of even more places, people, and stories from around the world? In our increasingly globally-connected age, “around the world” may only be around the corner, and a Poptropican who understands their neighbors’ cultures makes for a better neighbor, which is why these are the types of islands I would love to see on Poptropica.

These are a couple of maps I created for the post PHB Special: World Geography with Poptropica Islands, in which I considered where in the world Poptropica Islands took place.

But what do you think? What island creations have you been cooking up in your mind? Are you inspired by certain fandoms, friends, legends, places you’ve been, or places you dream of visiting? What if you combine some ideas together? Ponder that and tell us…

What Islands do YOU want to explore on Poptropica?

Share your thoughts in the comments!

74 thoughts on “Discuss: What Islands do you want to explore on Poptropica?

1. GreedyShadow says:

I’d probably would like to explore a ship wreck with ghost pirates, supposedly that was a myth.

Or maybe even a city inside a volcano!
    (Just to name a few)

2. Perfect Sun says:

I’d love to see a fashion themed island for sure! You could design your own clothes that you can put on your avatar and I’m thinking of an Edna Mode inspired character as the villain 😂

3. Striped Cactus says:

I’m thinking like a breaking-the-fourth-wall island where the Poptropican finds out they’re an avatar being controlled by someone and the plot is them trying to get out of being controlled, like maybe halfway through the island the Poptropican just stops following your cursor whatsoever and you just have to watch what they try to do to fix it, maybe try to help/stop them through the island along the way… Maybe the moral at the end is that the Poptropican learns at the end that they need to cooperate with the gamer as much as the gamer needs the Poptropican, and everything gets resolved.

Okay this is just me fangirling as a Poptropica fan as well as a writer but if that were an island it would be so awesome

4. Starving Cereal (SC) says:

I just really want another mystery island where you just have to figure out whodunnit. Mystery Train is one of my favourite islands for this reason. Counterfeit also had a mystery plot as well but tuned it welll with the actual island. I wouldn’t mind seeing either, tbh.

5. Lucky Wing says:

I’ve been thinking up one since 2015 involving playing with a partner. I haven’t decided if that means that you need another player online, or if you just put in a username and that person is your companion. Maybe both.
    I grew up on Co-op games, trust me. Ask me about co-star Navi sometime.

6. Sportyrunner says:

It would be cool, if poptropica dug deeper as a mystery thing, where you go to each island and resembles a strange puzzle on each island, and then at the very end you figure out the truth behind the puzzle. That would be awesome!

7. Sportyrunner says:

It would also be cool if you could go on an island with a friend on multiplayer option. You could be playing the exact same thing at the exact same time together!

8. Red Tomato says:

I would like to see an island where someone is stealing all the fan fiction and fan art and you team up with the reformed Black Widow(super villian reference) to find the thief and you and Artsy Spider(her real name) find out the thief is a poptropica hater and use the power of fanfic to defeat him! Then you get the medallion from Black Widow/Artsy Spider.

9. estherli521 AKA ZIppy Sky says:

I would like to see a narnia inspired island that you would take turns being each of the siblings to defeat the white witch.

10. Curious Snowball says:

I think there should be an island where you run for president. I think it would be pretty cool to see you poptropican to become president!

• Derrick says:

Their should be a island where you could drive a car, or a helicopter, like if you were driving the helicopter then jumped off and landed on a car to steal it, you know like grand theft auto but in poptropica!

11. Red Tomato says:

I have another idea!!! Wouldn’t it be cool if there was an island where someone is trying to sabatoge a musical theater play and you have to figure out who it is and fix the scripts and costumes and sets so the show can go on! Sorry I’m kind of a theater kid😃 AH SMILER!!!-RT🍅

12. Derrick says:

I think it would be cool if they had an island where you could make your own island, Like you could make common rooms, items, objectives, other poptropicans, locations, and even dummys to customize off of. Then you could share it! Sorta like realms but better!

13. invisiblesword says:

Maybe an island with lots of traveling around the world? Or a mystery starting in a restaurant and in the end the restaurant owner is the culprit (He was stealing his own stuff to get insurance and money off it). I’m a writer so don’t judge me for my crazy ideas 😀 XD. or maybe an island with a beach. I LOVE BEACHES. orrrr a love story ;D

14. invisiblesword says:

OH MY LORD I JUST GOT FLOODED WITH IDEAS. 😀 How bout your player has to go back in time to save dinosaurs from extinction! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT U THINK. And theres a little velociraptor that you make friends with!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )