Hello once again everyone! Spotted Dragon here bringing you the April recap for Community Creations! April’s theme was humor and the featured work is not in any particular order. Be sure to check out all the featured artists!
No clue what’s going on? Go see our intro post.
Top 5 Picks
Ex Super Villains Doing not so Super Things by CrazyPaintbrush
This is super cute! I snickered a bit when I saw this, because it’s really funny to imagine all these big bad villains doing… well, “not so super things.” From the detail in Copy Cat’s book (How to Survive Roommates) to the cool outfit changes, this piece was very thoughtful! If I had flying powers, I think I would use it a good 90% of the time to avoid traffic. Totally cool and funny! Find her DeviantArt here.
Poptropica Jokes by Creeper Queen
- It doesn’t make sense that Mordred (from Astro Knights) goes by his other alias, I personally think he’s non-BINARY.
- Does anyone know if Mordred is good with trading? He seems like he’d be good at BARD-er.
- What did Poseidon say to Hades (Mythology Island) after he saw pomegranates for the first time? “HADES look pretty neat!”
- You know how there are 5 episodes in Survival Island? Wouldn’t that make it Sur-FIVE-al Island?
- You know how Tessa Turncoat double-crossed the player? It was a true PoptropiCON in Poptropicon Island!
- After Mr. Silva tried to steal CJ’s invention, she needed to see a SHRINK for advice on what to do to prevent it from happening again!
- The Great Booga Shark never tells shark lies. He only tells the shark TOOTH.
- In my opinion, Red Dragon Island didn’t dragON for too long!
- Why did Salerno (Lunar Colony) jump into the portal in the end? She coloNEEDED to see that aliens were real!
- In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Island, what did Willy Wonka say to Charlie after Violet blew up with juice? “Did JUICY how big she got?!”
- What animation company created Shrek in the Poptropica world STEAMWORKS animation!
Welp, I told you guys I was a sucker for puns! A bunch of these are pretty darn creative and certainly made me smile. I have to say that I’m impressed by how everything related back to an island so well. Plus, a unique written submission is always refreshing! What’s next, some Poptropica dad jokes? Find the jokes on her DeviantArt here.
Another Wild Adventure by ANNE14TCO and BlazingAngel123
Wow, we haven’t seen many collabs in this series! The combination of talent makes for one amazing piece. The shading, coloring detail, etc. rocks, but the facial expressions are what really made me laugh! I think most people can easily see their own Poptropican in this situation. Plus, it’s super cool to see a screenshot sort of style! The movement depicted is great, so it really feels like a photo was taken of the chaos. Find Anne’s DeviantArt here and BlazingAngel’s DeviantArt here. The former mainly did the coloring and the latter mainly did the lineart!
World’s Craziest Food Fight by Red Tomato
A photo booth entry is always a nice change of pace! And this one is no exception. With all the chaos in this picture, it’s pretty goofy. I especially like how Red Tomato looks so calm in the foreground while everyone else is practically battling to the death! Have any of you had a food fight in school? Find Red Tomato often in the comments section.
i bet yall werent expecting THIS by Napstachill
I… will never be able to get over this drawing. I always knew Zeus was the god of thunder but I never knew he had thunder thighs too! Look at his smug face! It’s hilarious and like the title implies… unexpected. Though the drawing is a bit dated by now, I think it holds up to the test of time. It’s pretty simple, but well made nonetheless. Find their DeviantArt here.
Not a whole lot of entries this month, but still good ones regardless. Keep showing us your amazing talent guys!
May: How do I Participate?
Community Creations is a cool series for anyone in the Poptropica community to join in on. To sum up what it’s about, it’s basically a chance to show off your artwork, creepy fan-fic, realms, costumes, and anything else that pops into your mind.
If we really like the piece you submit, we will feature it here on the PHB! As long as it relates to that month’s theme. So what is May’s theme? May’s theme is…
I’m sure most of you have been freaking out about Marvel’s Infinity War lately, so what better theme than heroes? Even if you aren’t on the superhero hype train, Poptropica has it’s own set of otherworldly protectors. From Super Power Island itself to PoptropiCon, caped Poptropicans are hard to miss!
So, what sort of stuff can you make? You could write up a Poptropica comic, starring your own Poptropican as the hero! Or, create Poptropica costumes for your favorite Marvel, DC, and other characters. Even draw some of your favorite PoptropiCon inspired battles perhaps! The list goes on, so have fun with it!
- Submitting: Comment below with a link to whatever you’ve created OR share it with me (SydVC aka Spotted Dragon) on DeviantArt, Twitter, or Discord.
- Results: I will feature 5 of the submissions as well as 3 honorable mentions.
- Limitations: Nothing NSFW, and make sure you relate to the theme.
- Due Date: I will take any entries before the end of this month. Submit as many things as you’d like!
I will always be sure to let you know I have seen your creation. Bonus points if you make a compelling description for your piece! While quality counts, I’m mainly looking for something to simply catch my eye, so don’t be afraid to join in!
So what are you waiting for? Go make something awesome!