(Hey guys! This is a guest post by TechWizard, who wants to tell us about Our Discovery Island being turned into an app. Let’s check out some of the new stuff! –Slippery 🐊)
Hoi Poptropicans! TechWizard here not with a developer post but with something completely different! *cue booing*
Oh, hold your boos. You’re going to either love or hate this because I’ve found Poptropica’s educational clone, Our Discovery Island… on mobile! *more booing*
But wait, what’s so special about this? Well, it’s called Poptropica English, despite other Poptropica English apps in existence. However, it’s quite like desktop ODI!
The app contains few, but significant changes from the desktop version:
- In the desktop version, it’s called “Our Discovery Island” but now, the app is called “Poptropica English Island Game“. It is probably because of the change of management from Pearson to Sandbox.
- In the app, everyone can now experience the game through a free trial. The trial ends after few scenes. If you have your account from the desktop version, you can also use it to play the full version.
- You can also play the different games (Quiz, Match Cards, and etc.) from the menu!
- Item names are now capitalized rather than in lowercase.
- It now runs on the same game engine as the Poptropica app from the character customization and interface!
- Although, the islands are still the same— from the quests, gameplay and to the voices.
Well, time to go crawl back to the hole I reside in! *cue piano music* We’ll meet again, don’t know where and I don’t know when! Oh, I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day!
Hope you enjoyed this guest post by a PHB reader! The PHB welcomes guest posting from anyone in our community if you have something to share, whether it be sneak peeks, My Place in Poptropica stories, or any other ideas you might have. We also encourage sharing on our subreddit and the PHC.
If you have an idea for a guest post, send it in to email@example.com!