Ah, it’s so nice to get back to Poptropica, where nothing has changed at all in any way– WOAH. What the FUDGESICLES happened here?! Well, unless you’ve been living under a rock (or sleeping on a horse, like I’ve been), you’d have noticed that it’s a new year. And with it, comes a surprising change from the Creators: a new site layout! Timmy, drumroll please?
A whole new layout… a dazzling place I never knew… but when I’m way up here, it’s crystal clear, that now I’m in a whole new layout with you…
…er, I should probably stop with the Aladdin references. BT makes those already.
Anyway… um, guys? Help. Poptropica runs Windows 8 now, I can’t figure out how to work anything. Well, I’m almost certain I, like many others, will learn to maneuver these changes! Now, for a recap of main changes in this the re-design:
- The main login screen has been replaced by a carousel screen that I suppose will cycle through new islands (and other new features) when they come out (similar to the login homepage banner carousel)
- There’s now a static image header at the top with the blimp and some clouds.
- Important links are listed at the top, including the now-yellow Play Now button.
- The link to the Creators’ Blog is now way larger, and runs through the middle of the page.
- Islands are now listed in 3 categories: New, Classic, and Popular!
This brings in the New Year in a big way for Poptropica, and I for one support them! I just now figured out how to work the controls as I typed this post, and it actually looks pretty good! Good luck with the new layout, Poptropicans, and stay popping.