Island Extra: Poptopics Book
A shadow is creeping across the frontier, and its name is El Mustachio Grande. He’s the meanest, nastiest, outlaw in the land, and he’s terrorizing the good folks of Wild West Island. With your trusty horse by your side, only you stand between the Mustachio gang and total anarchy. Can you bring Mustachio to justice, once and for all?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
Cast of Characters
These are some of the characters you’ll meet on Wild West Island.
- Wild West Island is Poptropica’s 17th island. It was released to members on February 14, 2011 and March 11, 2011 for non-members.
- Elmer the horse may be a reference to Elmer’s glue. Horses used to be made into glue.
- You can get a bonus Rattlesnake Wrangler costume if you lasso 5 more cows after getting the Old Saddle from the cowgirl at Rock Ridge.
- All the towns contain posters of El Mustachio Grande and his crimes, such as “Stealing Marshal’s Lucky Underpants.”
- Common room: Dusty Gulch Hotel
- Starting from January 27, 2011, there was a preview version of Wild West Island available, in which you could play a sneak peek game called Round’Em Up. The objective was to lasso cows and bring them back to the ranch within a time limit. A new prize every other day for a total of 7 prizes: Sheriff Hat, Sombrero, Hat and Bandanna, The Loaner, The Hombre, The Kid, and Wunder Bubble Tonic. A special prize, the Wild West Hero outfit, was available to members only.
- One of your opponents in the shooting competition at Dos Cactos, Annie Oakley, is based on a real American sharpshooter of the same name.
- On March 18, 2011, Wild West Island costumes were released to the Poptropica Store – Peacemaker and Outlaw for girls, Lawman and Outlaw for boys.
- In Spanish, El Mustachio Grande means “The Big Mustache.”
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss wild west island below~