Before you think I’m going crazy, let me explain:
I’m going to initialize the official name of the updated/sound improved islands. I’m sick and tired of not knowing what to call them whenever I need to… so without further ado, the name shall be “S-U-I”, for sound updated islands. I’m counting on you viewers to pass it on. 😉
So, onto the main subject of this post: why you should like SUIs. I know most of you don’t. I certainly didn’t at first either. Virus Hunter really did it for most people. It was such a bomb that you guys are scarred for life. But I hope I can explain to you why I am now rooting for these new islands. And it’s NOT just because they have soundtracks. 😛
We all know that SUIs are different from the old islands. Most of you don’t really like any change, and I’m with you. It takes some time to get used to. But you really have to open your eyes and try something new to get anywhere. Poptropica is an experiment, and one that is working. And, I acknowledge that the experiment is very popular, and that in most cases the creators don’t really listen to us (the player).
But we also have to acknowledge that the whole game, to most of you guys, is free. Of course, you can buy extra stuff, but most don’t spend money on this game. For the most part, Poptropica is a free game. There are 35 islands to explore and enjoy for free. You get a whopping 75 credits when you sign up, and you don’t have a barrier if you don’t. It’s popular because it’s genius, and you can’t deny that.
At first, I was sort of shocked about the new player. It seemed as if they had made a better game 6 years ago than they did now. They’re really getting the hang of it, though. I mentioned in another post that the new islands are becoming stabilized. It’s starting to feel like Poptropica again.
- The new screen really helps. The islands are supposed to be stories where you are the main character, and thus theatrical, and one way to do that is a bigger screen. They fixed the “fuzziness” of it in 24 Carrot, and it really lets you appreciate the art more.
- The gameplay is smooth, and getting more and more life-like. One major switch with the format is that the islands are separated (the backgrounds and objects have separated layers and overlays now). This is fun to look at, but it also gives a smoother feel.
- The soundtrack is amazing. A page will be up soon with the complete soundtracks of everything. Stay tuned for that. I don’t think I need to elaborate on this much, because I’ve expressed my enthusiasm in other posts– and many. 😉
- The dialogue speed can be adjusted, which is a MAJOR pro.
- Also, you can access the blimp at any time, which is very nice.
- The inventory is not as fun as it used to be, and it’s also very glitchy. I like the old one better! Who’s with me?
- The costumizer STILL isn’t working, and that’s super annoying. Hopefully they’ll get it up and running soon.
- Also, the skip dialogue cheat doesn’t work anymore, which really is annoying.
- And, SLANTING PLATFORMS. The feet don’t slant when the platform does! It doesn’t really affect the gameplay, but it is so annoying!
Basically, I think we all need to chill. I think we all need to sit down, read this post, and forgive those horrid creators for giving us something new. 😆 But in all seriousness, I want the community to settle down. I DON’T want a war to be started, with two sides; one being for the new format, the other for the old. 😛
11 thoughts on “PHB Sunday Special: Why You Should Like SUIs”
Personally, I wish you could pick if you wanted to play the SUI or the old island. The glitches drive me bananas! >.<
I agree about the anoying inventory. But i love the music!
I also love the music! I am also very redundant, apparently. 😛
Yeah. And in Time Tangled Island, I couldn’t climb to the top of Mt. Everst because when I was climbing the first rope it took me back to the first page.
BTW HP, you are so cute.
To get past this, the second you get to the next page, climb up, then off of the rope. It might take a couple tries, but you will get past! 😀
You make a compelling argument, but the SUIs are just filled with to many bugs and glitches for me. 😦
Meh. SUIs are Okay… but I like the original.
Please nothing mean. just stating my opinion.
I only reason why I liked SUIs is because i thought they were going to become more better like adding the map back, making the inventory better, and more stuff. Nope they barely did any fixing to the SUIs…
So this blog post right here is what started the name as SUIs. Nice