This post is featured. Scroll down for newer posts!
Calling all Poptropicans! Have you got what it takes to dress your Poptropican up for the season? Then enter your costume into the Poptropica Help Blog’s 10th Annual Costume Competition! (Can you believe we’ve been doing this for ten years??)
This year we’re presenting two categories: the “Casual” for your everyday style as well as the traditional “Creepy.” You can enter from Poptropica Original and/or Worlds!
Tips for a casual or creepy costume
As you put together your entry (or entries — feel free to submit as many times as you like!), keep in mind the following:
- 🍍 Be original! Instead of just using all the parts of one costume that already exists, mix and match to create your own unique costume.
- 🎃 For CREEPY VIBES: There are some great Halloween costume parts at the ghoul gathering from the end of the Haunted House quest from the Store, but be creative and search in other places too! We have tools like the Avatar Studio Gift (ASG) and iPop to help you find just the right parts you need.
- 😎 For CASUAL VIBES: In addition to our massive ASG collection, simply hopping about in other places can help you locate some cool pieces! Try the Home Island “New You” place, clothes from Night Watch Island mall stores like “In the Now,” as well as browsing your friends’ threads to see what they’ve got!
- 🍍 Keep your costume intact until after the winners are announced on October 31 (Halloween). If you change your costume before then, we may not see it! If you don’t want to keep the costume on your main account, you can create a new one and post the link to that instead. Or, send us a screenshot from the Avatar Studio in the same way as you see cropped on our ASG page. (Entries for Worlds will require a screenshot — don’t worry, it’s a simple process!)
- 🎃 Optional: Give your costume a groovy name. It’ll help your costume stand out even more, and if it wins, we’ll refer to it by the name you’ve given it!
How to enter your costume
Once you’ve assembled your costume on Poptropica, here’s how to share it with us:
- 🍭 To post your entry for Poptropica Original, go to the Avatar Studio, type in your username, click Load, click on the Link to highlight it, right-click and choose Copy. Then, go to the comments section right here on this post, right-click and choose Paste, type in your comment (you can include your username if you’d like to) and submit it, so we can view your costume by clicking the link!
- 🍭 To post your entry for Poptropica Worlds, go to your closet and take a screenshot (see instructions here for screenshotting on any computer or mobile device). Then, upload your screenshot on an image hosting website such as imgur or TinyPic, copy the link to your image, and insert the link into your comment so we see it!
For both categories, you can submit as many entries as you like, but if you do, make sure to use multiple accounts so that you don’t overwrite the last costume you put on. Remember, though, you can only win a maximum of one time for each game.
The contest closes on Tuesday, October 30. Winners will be announced October 31.
Winners & Prizes
- 👻 On Halloween (October 31), we’ll make a post featuring the winning costumes on the front page of the PHB for all to see, *PLUS* 3 top winners will each receive a one-month Poptropica membership, courtesy of the Poptropica Creators!
- 👻 The winning costumes will also be immortalized on the PHB’s Costumes page, where you can see examples of past Halloween winners.
- 👻 We’ll have 10 winners total – 5 costumes for each category – as well as some honorary mentions for just the post, but not the page. Three top winners will be selected from among the ten.
😎🎃✨ Happy Costumizing! ✨🎃😎
🦇 P.S. If you’re feeling especially artistic in this spooky season, be sure to participate in this month’s Community Creations. The theme for October is Villains!